GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

+13
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
spader
TheAvatar
Vandelay
Flo The Action
NEELY
wprager
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 29]

76Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:18 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

158 points in his last 3 years in the OHL (200 games) means Ceci will likely find his feet offensively in the NHL soon - perhaps as soon as next year and that'll add a badly needed component to our team.

77Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:158 points in his last 3 years in the OHL (200 games) means Ceci will likely find his feet offensively in the NHL soon - perhaps as soon as next year and that'll add a badly needed component to our team.

That or we keep blaming whoever is on the left when that pairing doesn't play up to snuff.

78Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:18 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I really like that 2nd pairing as is... don't think anyone around here is trashing anyone on it. Wiercioch still doesn't get enough love though because he just doesn't do anything at an exceptional level, just solid all around and getting better.

79Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:I really like that 2nd pairing as is... don't think anyone around here is trashing anyone on it.  Wiercioch still doesn't get enough love though because he just doesn't do anything at an exceptional level, just solid all around and getting better.

You can't argue, though, that it would be even better as a third pairing, if we had a better 2nd.

80Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:52 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:I really like that 2nd pairing as is... don't think anyone around here is trashing anyone on it.  Wiercioch still doesn't get enough love though because he just doesn't do anything at an exceptional level, just solid all around and getting better.

You can't argue, though, that it would be even better as a third pairing, if we had a better 2nd.

Maybe... maybe Wiercioch is more of a 3rd pairing guy right now and same with Ceci but they are both very capable of being on a 2nd pair.

I won't sit here and tell people that I don't think Ottawa needs another solid NHL dman. I think if the Sens could somehow snag M.Stone out of Pho that would be an ideal player. SD mentioned Petry and that's exactly the type of guy you would want simply for depth going forward.

81Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stone is a rightie, so does he push Ceci down to the third pairing or replace Gryba? And what happens to Wideman in either scenario? I thought we were settled on giving Wideman a chance on the third pairing (spelled by Gryba if he needs to sit and watch a bit) and then an upgrade on the second pairing, left-side.

82Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:29 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We won't win a cup of Wiercioch is in the Top 4

83Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:59 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev's beloved Crysby is now down 3-1.

84Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, you figure Minnesota is wishing they had a backup like Anderson?

85Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:57 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Winnipeg 10 mins away from getting swept.

86Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:10 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Surprised, but called ducks in 6.

87Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:15 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Kesler is back

88Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:20 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Hey, you figure Minnesota is wishing they had a backup like Anderson?

Nah. Dubnyk had one bad game, but he'll be fine. He's been pretty much the hottest goalie on the planet since whenever he got traded.

89Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Really surprised Jets got swept. Therrien is probably showing his team the score and letting them know they've got a mountain to climb if they think they could be like Anaheim. Price or no Price.

Last night I was fairly certain of a Sens win for three reasons:
1. Previous three games were all close.
2. Sens wouldn't want to lose their last home game of the season.
3. Saw a report on Habs players relaxing at some ski place (to get them away from the city, I guess) but they were signing autographs -- knew right then and there their intensity would not be enough to win G4 on the road.

But I was still not happy with the way the Sens played. Sure, Price made some nice saves, but:
1. The Sens still took too many penalties (deserved or not, I don't care, the refs are clearly looking to call something so don't give them anything)
2. Still not enough net-presence, especially on the PP. When you've got one more guy on the ice there's no excuse for not having someone stand in Price's front yard.
3. Prust missed the net on the breakaway. We were one plug's missed chance away from having it tied up.

My son disagrees with me but we need to hit Price. Legally or illegally, whether we get penalized for it or not. The guy's sitting in his crease like he's in a yoga class -- his heart rate probably never went above 65. My son says the Sens don't play like that, it's not noble, it's cheating, blah-blah-blah. Who brought this kid up? The refs won't call the penalties on Gallagher/Plekance/whomever so maybe they won't call it on Pageau/Zibanejad/whomever. Zibanejad had a perfect chance to test that theory -- in the crease, shot comes in, defenseman pushes him into Price -- but instead of letting himself be pushed and falling all over him, he manages to recover his balance and only brush the hem of Price's robe. Awful!

Did you see Wiese going after Stone? Hits him near center ice, then proceeds to fall all over him, making a very concerted effort (or so it looked) to try to roll over hims arm/wrist. Saw Subban do the same thing (forget on whom, but hit/fall/roll over). I would be very surprised if this isn't something that comes from the coaches. Use every advantage.

This reminds me of The Longest Yard -- the original, not the tepid remake. When they get an old pro to teach them all how to hit to hurt on every play.

Maybe we should get Billy Smith as a second goalie coach besides Wamsley. Goaltending is not just about stopping the puck, especially in the playoffs.

Positives:
- Hey, still alive; both games at Bell were 1-goal games, anything can happen
- Andy's been there, done that, so no problem with rookie tender's first PO game in Montreal
- every day goes by Stone's wrist is a little better
- Andy's stopped 75 of 77 shots (.975); Price has stopped 52 of 54 (.963) --- who's the better goalie, eh?
- 28 shots on goal -- first time under 30 in this series; hope this is a trend
- All those hits in the first two games could start becoming a factor
- Pacioretty really has not been a factor (one PP goal and little else); he's still far from 100%

One game. Just one more game, that's all we need. And it's on the road, so we can play a "road game" and conserve their energy. Defend at all costs and capitalize on the eventual mistakes.

90Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:49 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I agree about the PP.  I understand Ottawa doesn't want to "change" their game against the Habs, but just feed the point and let them shoot with a guy or two standing in front.  The best way to score on Price is to screen him.  Ottawa like to try that pass out from the goal line to someone in the high slot, or to try the high-tip.  Both are good plays, but I don't think they're the best option against Price.

And yeah, I too found it weird that Montreal took a vacation to Tremblant during the series.

91Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:50 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Hey, you figure Minnesota is wishing they had a backup like Anderson?

Nah.  Dubnyk had one bad game, but he'll be fine.  He's been pretty much the hottest goalie on the planet since whenever he got traded.

Yes, but his history is full of mediocrity. I was trolling the Habs fans on HFBoards saying how our back up set an all-time NHL record with the best SV% over a full season. Of course they dismissed it, but right now Andy has a better SV% over the last two games than Price. And Price gave up 5 goals in the first two games so if I take his overall SV% for the series it wouldn't even be close. 3 goal then 2 then 1 -- all the Habs fans and media were extrapolating that line and predicting a shutout. Well, they were right about the shutout.

Anyhow, back to Minnesota. Dubnyk was the same story as Hammond, except he was playing for a much better team (defensively) and has been at it for longer. All those games in a row you can't tell me he's not a little tired. Kuemper stopped all 9 shots he faced so Dubnyk's leash is likely a little shorter than 6 goals in the next game.

92Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:24 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dubnyk is far from the same story as Hammond. Dubnyk was pretty good for the Oilers, just the Oilers were terrible. Dubnyk was really solid for the Coyotes, and the Coyotes traded him because they wanted to tank. Dubnyk didn't come out of nowhere.

93Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 6 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:34 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Dubnyk is far from the same story as Hammond. Dubnyk was pretty good for the Oilers, just the Oilers were terrible.  Dubnyk was really solid for the Coyotes, and the Coyotes traded him because they wanted to tank.  Dubnyk didn't come out of nowhere.

First round pick too. I've always believed in Dubnyk and he's a guy that I'm sure I said I would have liked to get in an Edmonton/Ottawa BLOCKBUSTER!!!!! Beer

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum