GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

+13
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
spader
TheAvatar
Vandelay
Flo The Action
NEELY
wprager
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 29]

331Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sun May 24, 2015 3:49 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Ducks unreal. Crawford showing why he's average.

Clearly you posted this before they tied it up and won in OT.  Is Lundqvist "average" because he gave up 12 goals in 2 games?  Crawford, lust like any other goalie, will have good games and not so good ones.  Sometimes he makes a mistake, sometimes it's the players in front of him.  Bottom line is he didn't let in that 5th goal.  His SV%, even with three goals in under a minute, was .922.  That's not average, by the way.
Average in the type of goals he lets in. I'm not a big fan.

332Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sun May 24, 2015 4:22 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

Clearly you posted this before they tied it up and won in OT.  Is Lundqvist "average" because he gave up 12 goals in 2 games?  Crawford, lust like any other goalie, will have good games and not so good ones.  Sometimes he makes a mistake, sometimes it's the players in front of him.  Bottom line is he didn't let in that 5th goal.  His SV%, even with three goals in under a minute, was .922.  That's not average, by the way.

He's certainly better than, say, Howard. I've seen him go on unbelievable runs. Chicago's only advantage over Anaheim is their playoff experience (and success), especially in goal.

333Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sun May 24, 2015 5:06 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

He's certainly better than, say, Howard.  I've seen him go on unbelievable runs.  Chicago's only advantage over Anaheim is their playoff experience (and success), especially in goal.  

Well if you compare him to that. Compared to lunquist he's not the same animal. He's average. I feel his stats don't reflect his play. His play isn't that spectacular and there's enough bad goals let in.

Before you say it, I'm aware lunquist has bad games.

334Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sun May 24, 2015 6:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, which goals last night were bad? He still had a .922 SV% so maybe, just maybe, the D could play a little tighter.

Again, I'm not a huge Crawford fan, but I've seen him steal games for the Hawks. He's not the best goalie in the league but he's better than "average".

335Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Sun May 24, 2015 6:44 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Sorry, which goals last night were bad?  He still had a .922 SV% so maybe, just maybe, the D could play a little tighter.

Again, I'm not a huge Crawford fan, but I've seen him steal games for the Hawks.  He's not the best goalie in the league but he's better than "average".
i think the Corey perry goal could of been avoided.
By average I don't mean mediocre either. If put him in the mid levels of goal tender which to me is average. All goalies can steal games once in a while but I don't see Crawford being a "factor" to consider when a approaching a game.

336Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 25, 2015 7:06 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bishop is one win away from going to the Cup Finals. Last night's 2-0 score was somewhat flattering as Lundqvist made two fantastic saves in the third.

This has been a series hard to predict. 12 goals in 2 games to take a 2-1 lead then Rangers storm back with a 5-1 win to make it a best of 3 heading back home. How many people thought it was all over at that point? Rangers' big guns finally waking up, momentum on their side heading back to MSG.

How about now? Does Tampa close it out in front of their fans? Do the Rangers storm back yet again? Both teams have won on the road and Tampa's 5-4 home record in the playoffs isn't exactly awe-inspiring. And if this does go 7, does either team really have an advantage?

337Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 25, 2015 7:10 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Bishop is one win away from going to the Cup Finals.  Last night's 2-0 score was somewhat flattering as Lundqvist made two fantastic saves in the third.  

This has been a series hard to predict.  12 goals in 2 games to take a 2-1 lead then Rangers storm back with a 5-1 win to make it a best of 3 heading back home.  How many people thought it was all over at that point?  Rangers' big guns finally waking up, momentum on their side heading back to MSG.  

How about now?  Does Tampa close it out in front of their fans?  Do the Rangers storm back yet again?  Both teams have won on the road and Tampa's 5-4 home record in the playoffs isn't exactly awe-inspiring.  And if this does go 7, does either team really have an advantage?

I think Tampa closes it out at home now. Initially, I really thought the Rangers would handle them easily, but boy was I wrong.

338Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 25, 2015 9:11 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Have to say it -- Lundqvist is not the goalie he used to be. Said that when he signed that massive contract, too. That's going to be an albatross for them. St. Louis is also showing his age but at least his contract is up. Dan Boyle is finding it hard to keep up with the pace

Also there are still too many passengers on that team.

339Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 25, 2015 11:13 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Tampa is going to be good for quite a few years. They have quite a good prospect pool still too and some old dead weight coming off.

It will suck for them if they don't win the Cup within a few years.

340Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 25, 2015 11:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tampa can be amazing for a long, long time. Like a decade or more.

341Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 25, 2015 12:46 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Tampa can be amazing for a long, long time.  Like a decade or more.
The cap might catch up with them soon.

342Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 25, 2015 11:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't see it really. They might have to trade carle, perhaps let Boyle and filpulla walk when their deals are done. Hard to say.

Enviable position though. Team is stacked offensively + hedman.

343Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon May 25, 2015 11:50 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh man.... Toews with the insane comeback. How does Anaheim let that happen. Wow.

344Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 26, 2015 7:06 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Oh man.... Toews with the insane comeback. How does Anaheim let that happen. Wow.

Let what happen? They won. Laugh1 Laughing3

345Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 26, 2015 7:12 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Oh man.... Toews with the insane comeback. How does Anaheim let that happen. Wow.

Well, to be fair, Toews second late goal was absolute Dung and should have never gone in. The goaltending in general was quite bad last night.

The Silfver Surfer with another couple of points. 16 points now for him.

346Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 26, 2015 8:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Crazy game. What an epic collapse before they pulled it out of the fire.

347Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 26, 2015 9:28 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If the ducks wouldn't have won it in OTthat would of been an epic crap of the bed.

348Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 23 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue May 26, 2015 9:36 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:If the ducks wouldn't have won it in OTthat would of been an epic crap of the bed.

Toronto Maple Leafs epic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum