GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015

+13
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
spader
TheAvatar
Vandelay
Flo The Action
NEELY
wprager
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 29]

136Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:03 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm rooting for the Caps because I like being right :D  I called Caps in 7.

Yeah, I think I called the Caps too, but the Isles are a feel good story.

137Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:22 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Isles/Caps tonight is going to be mental.

I'm pulling for the Islanders so they can play a few more home games...their fans deserve it.  

Their fans? Fickle, at best. Why do you think they are moving to a 14K seat arena? Because the 18K seat arena was half empty on most nights for a few decades. Screw the Islanders.

138Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:22 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Not that I'm rooting for the Caps, either. Screw everyone.

139Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:23 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

I'm pulling for the Islanders so they can play a few more home games...their fans deserve it.  

Their fans?  Fickle, at best.  Why do you think they are moving to a 14K seat arena?  Because the 18K seat arena was half empty on most nights for a few decades. Screw the Islanders.

I think there were more issues than just fan turnout, but whatever. Also, they were terrible for so long they lost a lot of fans. Now they're finally getting back on track.

140Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:38 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Their fans?  Fickle, at best.  Why do you think they are moving to a 14K seat arena?  Because the 18K seat arena was half empty on most nights for a few decades. Screw the Islanders.

The new arena is 14K because it was never designed for hockey.

Would have been way more if it was designed for hokey from the beginning.

141Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:57 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm rooting for the isles. I have a hard time rooting for the caps.

Also disappointed the blues are out. I think minny is who I want in the west. But it won't happen. It's either the ducks or Chicago.

Finals will likely be NYR in the east.

142Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Caps and Rags will be a violent series.

Tampa/Detroit is a bit of a hot mess. As I said earlier this season, that Kucherov kid and Johnson are something pretty special.

143Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:23 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hate to say it but, I think Montreal can beat either of those teams in a 7 game series.

- Unknown Author

144Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:11 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Montreal won't beat New York so that's all that matters

145Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:24 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Montreal won't beat New York so that's all that matters

Clapping

- Unknown Author

146Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:31 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Montreal won't beat New York so that's all that matters

Montreal won't, but Price might.

147Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

Point was that they were moving from a larger arena to a smaller one because the larger one made it look bad (empty). If not for TV revenue and the rivalry with NYR that franchise would have moved/died a long time ago.

148Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:48 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

Point was that they were moving from a larger arena to a smaller one because the larger one made it look bad (empty).  If not for TV revenue and the rivalry with NYR that franchise would have moved/died a long time ago.

Source? Cause that sounds like BS.

149Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No, I read an article 2 years ago or so about it. I'm off on the numbers. Nassau holds over 16,000 but attendance was just over 13,000 (and that's with Johhny-T in the lineup; prior to that attendance was at 11,000 and change). So a 16,000 arena with 4000-5000 empty seats (remember the decision to move was made 2-3 years ago and probably in the works even longer). Barclays, at the time of the announcement held 14,000 but there were plans to increase that to 15,000+. They have access to a much bigger fan base (including the old fans -- they've made arrangements for train service). So a full or nearly full 15,000 seat arena versus an old (1972) arena with nearly a third of the seats empty. Looks very different on TV.

Barclays is also a much better experience which, combined with the team doing better, means ticket prices will be going up.

150Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:31 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No hockey tonight! Ahhhhh!

151Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:40 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

Point was that they were moving from a larger arena to a smaller one because the larger one made it look bad (empty).  If not for TV revenue and the rivalry with NYR that franchise would have moved/died a long time ago.

You have to look at where Nassau is located and how much of a pain in the Donkey it is to get there for a lot of people.

Then you look at the age of the arena and the long history of failing to get a new one.

Finally they got a sweet deal from Barclays.
Plus following the Jets model it makes more sense of having a small arena and cranking the ticket prices up to artificially limiting supply.

If we ever get a CTC 2.0 in Lebreton I bet you it will seat less than the existing one.

152Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:No hockey tonight! Ahhhhh!

No hockey for Kronwall, tomorrow, either.

153Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 - Page 10 Empty Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2015 Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:51 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have no idea how Kronwall can get 1 game for a bodycheck gone wrong, and Subban gets nothing for a two handed chop nowhere near the puck. So strange.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum