GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Trade Anderson?

+7
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
wprager
LeCaptain
NEELY
tim1_2
dennycrane
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri May 15, 2015 5:53 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:I guess this is super relevant again. Let's get this thread going.

Hmm. Very true. So the question is "Do You Trade Anderson?" Let's see what people think.

32Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri May 15, 2015 6:17 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ive been clear on this subject. it's me against the world is seems. FTW!

33Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri May 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes

34Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Fri May 15, 2015 9:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson has usually followed a very good season with a not so good one. First year in Ottawa, .939, the next year, .914. Then .941, followed by .911. This year he was .923, wonder where it will go next season.

We have to move one goalie, already said so. Hammond might not sign, but neither Anderson nor Lehner want to be a backup. By trading Anderson now we can not only get an asset back but also clear some salary (I'll just go ahead and assume Hammond will not make as much, nor with any veteran backup we would have to get if Hammond leaves).

It's really a simple decision. The only hard part is getting the best deal.

35Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Sat May 16, 2015 5:39 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Interesting discussion. Yet we are no closer to answering the question: "Do You Trade Anderson?"

What if Anderson trades you first old friend?

- Unknown Author

36Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Sat May 16, 2015 9:55 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Interesting discussion. Yet we are no closer to answering the question: "Do You Trade Anderson?"

Oh, you mean like in Soviet Ottawa?

37Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Sat May 16, 2015 12:05 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

That would be very crafty of him.

38Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Sat May 16, 2015 1:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

That would be very crafty of him.

He is very crafty, for sure. Have you seen what he can do with a knife and a frozen piece of chicken?

39Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Sat May 16, 2015 5:16 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Anderson has usually followed a very good season with a not so good one.  First year in Ottawa, .939, the next year, .914.  Then .941, followed by .911.  This year he was .923, wonder where it will go next season.

We have to move one goalie, already said so.  Hammond might not sign, but neither Anderson nor Lehner want to be a backup.  By trading Anderson now we can not only get an asset back but also clear some salary (I'll just go ahead and assume Hammond will not make as much, nor with any veteran backup we would have to get if Hammond leaves).

It's really a simple decision.  The only hard part is getting the best deal.

I think I agree. I haven't weighed in on this all that much yet, but I think if Hammond signs, you trade Anderson for sure. Roll with a Lehner/Hammond platoon and see where this team can go. Use Anderson to upgrade the D or pick up another top-9 scorer and have at 'er.

40Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Sat May 16, 2015 5:32 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Anderson for Hertl as a starting point. What gets added?

41Do You Trade Anderson? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do You Trade Anderson? Sat May 16, 2015 8:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Anderson for Hertl as a starting point. What gets added?
i think SJS might want to hold on to their youth. and besides hertl has been largely unimpressive this year. sophomore slump for sure but buyers beware. i see SJS as a team that might go after a younger goalie. they are going to have to do something about thornton if they don't want him around anymore. its a bit of a mess over there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum