GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15

+6
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
spader
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

16Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:19 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:8 goals in 8 games for Paul.   Harpur hurt his knee unfortunately.

That sucks for Harpie.

17Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:51 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Love Nick Paul. The kind of player that can play the same game in the NHL and be as effective.

18Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:26 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Harpur's knee is pretty swollen and will be re-evaluated tomorrow.

19Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:28 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Love Nick Paul. The kind of player that can play the same game in the NHL and be as effective.

How come he's in Jr. and Curtis "Own Goal" Lazar is in the NHL? Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 852933671

20Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:51 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Because Murray drafted Lazar.

21Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:16 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i don't know, it's nice to hear nick Paul is trending up but unless the prior evaluations need updating i'm still hearing projected as a bottom 6 forward who's more defensive. not bad but there's always guys on the up in that mold.

22Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:25 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:i don't know, it's nice to hear nick Paul is trending up but unless the prior evaluations need updating i'm still hearing projected as a bottom 6 forward who's more defensive. not bad but there's always guys on the up in that mold.

There is no bottom 6 anymore in the NHL man. You have 3 scoring lines and a checking.

23Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:i don't know, it's nice to hear nick Paul is trending up but unless the prior evaluations need updating i'm still hearing projected as a bottom 6 forward who's more defensive. not bad but there's always guys on the up in that mold.

There is no bottom 6 anymore in the NHL man. You have 3 scoring lines and a checking.

Have you not seen the Sabres' roster?

Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 164414

24Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:42 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

Have you not seen the Sabres' roster?

Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 164414

They have 4 scoring lines. They just don't do their jobs Sarcasm

25Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

- Nick Paul - 8GP, 8G, 3A OHL

- Tobias Lindberg - 11GP, 5G, 8A OHL

- Harpur - 7GP, 2G, 5A OHL - injured

- Dunn - 13GP, 3G, 2A QMJHL

- Hogberg - .909, 3-2, 2.64

- Perron - 11GP, 6G, 8A, QMJHL

- Wikstrand - 11GP, 2G, 0A, SEL

26Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:

yeah well that's why i said more defensive. meaning they're not sure if his offense can translate to the NHL. hey, i want to be wrong(or for the articles i read to be wrong)

27Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:50 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice to see big Tobias Lindberg putting up great stats...he's also +6.

28Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:32 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Dunn looks to have really hit a wall, there were always rumours he wasn't right in the head and rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Sens took a chance, not sure if that one will pan out.

Hogberg putting up ok numbers in Sweden's top league, no easy for a 19, 20 year old. Just needs to keep developing, love the size he has.

29Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:51 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Hogberg putting up ok numbers in Sweden's top league, no easy for a 19, 20 year old. Just needs to keep developing, love the size he has.

Some of us knew what was up with him a while ago and kept trying to vote him in that "top prospect" poll we had a couple months ago....

30Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:56 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I would be one... but goalie are hard to put a finger on. I like both guys in the system, Dreidger will be solid as well IMO but probably only gets to the level of a backup. Playing in the ECHL will give him the starters role and hopefully he can work his way up like that, lots of hockey he needs to be playing before they really give him a look over Hammond and maybe even Hogberg at this point.

31Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's hard to figure out why Dunn has dropped off so much. I doubt it's because he's a loose cannon or anything like that. He was pretty consistent up until this year. He's one to watch and see if he explodes for points or if he continues his decline, because for a while he looked like he might be a nice mix of pugilist and a tiny bit of skill.

32Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:43 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispensed wrote:It's hard to figure out why Dunn has dropped off so much.  I doubt it's because he's a loose cannon or anything like that.  He was pretty consistent up until this year.  He's one to watch and see if he explodes for points or if he continues his decline, because for a while he looked like he might be a nice mix of pugilist and a tiny bit of skill.

Well that's exactly what he is... whether it's because of that he is failing as a prospect right now is debatable but he's a guy who has always had attitude problems.

33Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Prospect watch 14-15 Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:It's hard to figure out why Dunn has dropped off so much.  I doubt it's because he's a loose cannon or anything like that.  He was pretty consistent up until this year.  He's one to watch and see if he explodes for points or if he continues his decline, because for a while he looked like he might be a nice mix of pugilist and a tiny bit of skill.

Well that's exactly what he is... whether it's because of that he is failing as a prospect right now is debatable but he's a guy who has always had attitude problems.

Too bad he doesn't have a coach to reel him in and say that you can use that aggression on opponents, but if you don't put up numbers as well, you'll lose your spot on our roster and guaranteed you'll slip in Ottawa's depth charts.

I would imagine he'll get the message, if that's the case, and we'll see a stronger performance from him going forward.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum