GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1

+7
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
NEELY
tim1_2
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1

Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Vote_lcap226%Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Vote_rcap2 26% [ 5 ]
Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Vote_lcap20%Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Vote_lcap211%Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 2 ]
Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Vote_lcap263%Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Vote_rcap2 63% [ 12 ]
Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Vote_lcap20%Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Empty Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Vote on who you think is the top Ottawa Senator prospect.

2Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:27 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I voted Lehner, just because he has shown the most. To me, the top 3 have to be ZBad, Silf, and Lehner, but I'm just not sure of the order.

3Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Voted Lehner.

There's absolutely nothing more valuable than a young, stud goalie who has the competitive fire burning and the skills to back it up. The fact that he's a)already won a championship for the Ottawa organization and b)has posted excellent numbers in a small sample size in the NHL = top prospect in my books.

4Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:48 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lehner. Everyone knows why as I have stated it a million times over.

5Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:52 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The fact that we've seen Lehner look like an allstar in the NHL makes him a no-brainer. There's so much uncertainty with prospects until you see how they play in the NHL.

6Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yeah, Lehner also although he wasn''t a clear number 1 for me. he's performed admirable as far as i've seen the fact that either Noeson and silf haven't played the AHL or NHL(well that was too much of a short sample for silf for me to judge on) make it that they fall bellow. i'm not sure who's number 2 then after.

7Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:39 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I always flip flop between Zibanejad and Lehner (and Silf obviously rounds out the top three). Do you rank the high end potential first or the safeness of the prospect?

I'm gonna go with Zibanejad here because I think he's the better prospect (by a hair) but if you asked me who the most important prospect is it would be Lehner by a country mile.

8Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's so hard to put Lehner in as #1, though. His stats line in the NHL is extremely short. I *wish* I could extrapolate his 5 games last season to 60, and get 36-24 won/lost record with 12 shutouts. .935 SV% ad 2.01 GAA -- those are some sexy numbers. But it's just 5 games!

On the other hand, we haven't see even that much from the other candidates.

I have to go with Lehner, but for this coming season Silfverberg is the one I'm most interested in seeing.

9Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:44 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

What about Ben Bishop? (joke). I too agree with Lehner. Funny that no one mentions stone in this conversation. Not even once.

10Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:46 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What about Ben Bishop? (joke). I too agree with Lehner. Funny that no one mentions stone in this conversation. Not even once.

I think Bishop is going to be a hell of a goaltender, not really a prospect anymore though. I think he's getting over looked in a big way right now.

11Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:It's so hard to put Lehner in as #1, though. His stats line in the NHL is extremely short. I *wish* I could extrapolate his 5 games last season to 60, and get 36-24 won/lost record with 12 shutouts. .935 SV% ad 2.01 GAA -- those are some sexy numbers. But it's just 5 games!

I have to go with Lehner, but for this coming season Silfverberg is the one I'm most interested in seeing.

I think you'll see Lehner have a damn good year in Bingo this year. Think of how good this kid could be. Just some technical issues to deal with - including rebounds and rebound control, then the sky is the limit. He's huge, he's athletic, agile, competitive, skilled. He's got it all.

12Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What about Ben Bishop? (joke). I too agree with Lehner. Funny that no one mentions stone in this conversation. Not even once.

I think Bishop is going to be a hell of a goaltender, not really a prospect anymore though. I think he's getting over looked in a big way right now.

How is he getting overlooked though? Unfortunately for him - and fortunately for us - we already have a number one started and unless Anderson hurts himself, I can't see Bishop getting too many starts. So he's a backup and a darn good one, but still a backup.

13Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:48 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:It's so hard to put Lehner in as #1, though. His stats line in the NHL is extremely short. I *wish* I could extrapolate his 5 games last season to 60, and get 36-24 won/lost record with 12 shutouts. .935 SV% ad 2.01 GAA -- those are some sexy numbers. But it's just 5 games!

I think you'll see Lehner have a damn good year in Bingo this year. Think of how good this kid could be. Just some technical issues to deal with - including rebounds and rebound control, then the sky is the limit. He's huge, he's athletic, agile, competitive, skilled. He's got it all.

Just one point in 19 payoff games, thought Facepalm

Gotta love the stats page at hockeydb for goalies.

14Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:27 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, they need to change that in a big way.

15Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators Prospect - #1 Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:33 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

For some reason I feel like there's a pretty decent correlation between players that do well in there junior playoffs and those that continue to well in the NHL. Jeff skinner comes to mind and I hope this is accurate for codi Ceci.

Likely I'm way off but its an interesting thought

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum