GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Expansion (team in Vegas a "done deal")

+8
SeawaySensFan
22_4_ever
Ev
tim1_2
spader
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

New Jersey and Carolina.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Florida, Carolina.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
Retweeted by SensChirp
Jason Kay ‏@JKTHN 45m

Hearing NHL "expansion" plan, if there is one, might be 2 new franchises, 2 relocated from East to West. 32 teams with 16/16 split.

32 always made more sense to me from a Division/Playoff Format point of view.  And they can still get a relocation fee.  In the case of the Arizona club, the NHL own it, so all the fees (sale/relocation/whatever) are like a new franchise fee.
from the east to the west? ya maybe florida but who else?

Detroit? Sarcasm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh heh.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
Retweeted by SensChirp
Jason Kay ‏@JKTHN 45m

Hearing NHL "expansion" plan, if there is one, might be 2 new franchises, 2 relocated from East to West. 32 teams with 16/16 split.

32 always made more sense to me from a Division/Playoff Format point of view.  And they can still get a relocation fee.  In the case of the Arizona club, the NHL own it, so all the fees (sale/relocation/whatever) are like a new franchise fee.
from the east to the west? ya maybe florida but who else?

Detroit? Sarcasm

shabbs wrote:Heh heh.

Detroit "In The" Red Wings.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Ian McLaren suggests the "Las Vegas Bet Mans"

How about "The Vegas High Rollers"?

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Then the mascot could be a pair of fuzzy dice :D

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Vegas Bandits.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why Vegas? Is there a market it for it there? Seems like it takes the spot of a more viable option, but I guess they know what they're doing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:The Vegas Bandits.

They'll be called for hooking/interference a lot (one hand on the stick).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sp, Dan Patrick is now reporting that the NHL *will* have a team in Vegas in 2016. Ground already broken for a new arena.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/564698

Of course it could also be relocation (Coyotes) and not expansion.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sin City Sinners FTW.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Why Vegas? Is there a market it for it there? Seems like it takes the spot of a more viable option, but I guess they know what they're doing.

"I guess they know what they're doing." LOL

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Money makes the world go 'round ... it doesn't have to make sense, just rounds.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Why Vegas?  Is there a market it for it there?  Seems like it takes the spot of a more viable option, but I guess they know what they're doing.

The NHL recognizes that gambling has made a juggernaut out of the NFL. Establishing a presence in Vegas will help them catch up to the NFL. Or so they hope.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Why Vegas?  Is there a market it for it there?  Seems like it takes the spot of a more viable option, but I guess they know what they're doing.

The NHL recognizes that gambling has made a juggernaut out of the NFL. Establishing a presence in Vegas will help them catch up to the NFL. Or so they hope.

What's the name of that Vegas NFL franchise again? Keeps slipping my mind.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Las Vegas Dammers.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Las Vegas Cha Chings.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]