GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
asq2
TheAvatar
Fulcrum
Hobiesens
LeCaptain
spader
Flo The Action
SensHulk
Ev
Hoags
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
sandysensfan
shabbs
NEELY
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Leafs lose, c'mon Wings!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wings going to OT. Leafs just got bumped to 8th spot.

#delicious

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wings lose in OT. Now tied for points with the Leafs but have 2 games in hand so sit 7th.

#18wheeler

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh. Columbus/Detroit play tomorrow... a Blue Jacket win in OT would be nice... coupled with a Leafs regulation loss to the Blues that day. Bounce!

#delicious

#18wheeler

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Interesting article on Carlyle and Bernier by Howard Berger (memba him?) regarding the game in LA when Bernier pulled himself out...

http://www.bergerbytes.ca/leafs-cant-or-wont-bail-out-carlyle/

Carlyle knew he was hurting and let Bernier make the call on if he was starting or not. Interesting.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Wings lose in OT. Now tied for points with the Leafs but have 2 games in hand so sit 7th.

#18wheeler

I'm usually the one to say "I don't give a Diddle about how bad or good (insert team other than Ottawa here) are..." but I will suspend that attitude to cheer for the Dirty Leafs to fail miserably and epically.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Heh. Columbus/Detroit play tomorrow... a Blue Jacket win in OT would be nice... coupled with a Leafs regulation loss to the Blues that day. Bounce!

#delicious

#18wheeler

That would do it, yep.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Very interesting article. If you don't care for advanced stats, don't bother.
http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/numbers-game-on-possession-playoffs-and-paper-tigers

What it shows is that, from a "Score-Adjusted Fenwick %" the Leafs are pretty close to the Sabres in the East. The Bruins and Jackets are turning it on. And the Penguins are falling fast.

(the red bar is the last 25 games; the blue bar is all the games prior to the last 25)

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 2 NG2

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

6 years, 29 million for Justin Faulk.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dreger said that E.Staal, Skinner and Ward were all on the block. Holy moly!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Dreger said that E.Staal, Skinner and Ward were all on the block.  Holy moly!

Jumpin' Jiminy!!!!  Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! 

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pretty similar team to us - except they won a Cup in 06.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Dung, to add to this they said on NHL Radio just now that Rutherford is retiring and Ron Francis will be taking over, so I guess he wants some of those guys out.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It's a country club, guys are too comfortable and it shows in their play. Spezza is the exact same way... there's no extra effort required because things are just great in their life.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Leafs have a one point lead for the last wildcard spot. They play St. Louis tonight and Philly on Friday. They will likely lose both these games.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, in the spirit of the #18wheeler, ideal scenario today:

- Leafs lose in regulation to the Blues
 - Caps beat the Kings in regulation/OT
 - Columbus beats Detroit in OT

Leafs will be sitting 10th if that plays out.

#delicious

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Habs stopped the B's win streak last night in a pretty rough affair... that would make for a nice playoff matchup for sure.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:It's a country club, guys are too comfortable and it shows in their play.  Spezza is the exact same way... there's no extra effort required because things are just great in their life.

When your owner only cares about "cost per point" a country club is what you get.

You're not in the winning business, you're in the enterainment business.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum