GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
spader
LeCaptain
SensHulk
tim1_2
TheAvatar
Oglethorpe
22_4_ever
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Flo The Action
Hoags
NEELY
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Murray: I'm back if we're a team that spends to the cap next season.
Melnyk: See ya.

Melnyk: Hey Dave(Cameron), how'd you like to be an NHL GM?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Murray: I'm back if we're a team that spends to the cap next season.

Melnyk: Hey Dave(Cameron), how'd you like to be an NHL GM?
Dave: Cap team?

Sarcasm 

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Sens were fine last game, I don't see why everyone is saying they were bad against the Kings.  If Anderson makes 2 routine saves on the first 4 shots the Sens probably win that game.  How many scoring chances did the Kings have?  2, maybe 3?

I didn't even see it, but yes, if Lehner starts the game the outcome could have been different based on what people were saying.

This is an even better team tonight though. Hot damn we're in trouble!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Find it tough to buy St.Louis being a better team than LA as there is zero proof of that at this point. St.Louis is a solid team none the less and the Sens need to play their best game to have a chance.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Meh, they're similar, but I prefer St.Louis' disgusting defence. The only thing that has a question mark is in goal as Elliott and Halak have both shown a penchant to completely choke in the playoffs. They play such a suffocating game with massive bodies coming at the opponent's D. We're Cussed unless they forget to show up - or Lehner steals it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, what do the Sens do to keep Ceci up when Methot is ready?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Meh, they're similar, but I prefer St.Louis' disgusting defence.  The only thing that has a question mark is in goal as Elliott and Halak have both shown a penchant to completely choke in the playoffs.  They play such a suffocating game with massive bodies coming at the opponent's D.  We're Cussed unless they forget to show up - or Lehner steals it.

Rather have Gryba than Corvo with Ceci in Ottawa. Again, Gryba comes in and plays simple but needs to play harder more consistently.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Meh, they're similar, but I prefer St.Louis' disgusting defence.  The only thing that has a question mark is in goal as Elliott and Halak have both shown a penchant to completely choke in the playoffs.  They play such a suffocating game with massive bodies coming at the opponent's D.  We're Cussed unless they forget to show up - or Lehner steals it.

When has Halak choked in the playoffs?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:So, what do the Sens do to keep Ceci up when Methot is ready?

Nothing. Like they've done thus far this season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

When has Halak choked in the playoffs?

I dunno, was that all Elliott? It may have been actually.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:

Rather have Gryba than Corvo with Ceci in Ottawa.  Again, Gryba comes in and plays simple but needs to play harder more consistently.

Why? Corvo adds yet another option in terms of transitioning the puck up ice quickly. You have Phillips, Methot and Cowen who can do the blocking/hitting, and then you have 3 transition players who can spark the offense, then you have a 7th D-man who can jump in and it's either Corvo or Gryba. I'd personally much prefer switching Wiercioch and Corvo in and out of the lineup.

Any way you slice it, Gryba has been flat and Corvo's added a spark this year. So I'll take him.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Rather have Gryba than Corvo with Ceci in Ottawa.  Again, Gryba comes in and plays simple but needs to play harder more consistently.

Why?  Corvo adds yet another option in terms of transitioning the puck up ice quickly.  You have Phillips, Methot and Cowen who can do the blocking/hitting, and then you have 3 transition players who can spark the offense, then you have a 7th D-man who can jump in and it's either Corvo or Gryba.  I'd personally much prefer switching Wiercioch and Corvo in and out of the lineup.

Any way you slice it, Gryba has been flat and Corvo's added a spark this year.  So I'll take him.

Because you have 3 guys who move the puck at a very high level in 65, 46, and 5. You have 2 guys like 2, 3, 4 who can move the puck just fine in their own right. Corvo isn't even close to needed if Ceci is in Ottawa to stay. Gryba can come in and do w/e it takes to help the team be it block shots, fight, hit, stay back, w/e. Now whether he will or won't do those things needed is another question, if he wants to then he should be the guy to stay.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, I think we're gonna find out who's right very soon. It's either Gryba or Corvo at this point, one will leave, one will stay (at least until the deadline). Or Ceci is returned to Bingo, but he adds a very necessary skill on our blue line, so I can't imagine it would be for long if he is.

Next year Ceci will take Corvo's spot, that much is a given. This year is a question.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ken Warren: Hmmm....eight defencemen on ice for Senators, including Monday's hero Cody Ceci

EDIT: He was wrong.

"My apologies....Karlsson not on ice this morning...only 7 defencemen here"

https://twitter.com/Citizenkwarren/status/412991315220369409

Last edited by shabbs on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

Yeah he plays simple all right. Usually involves standing around and watching the puck while it's on an opposing player's stick going into our net.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Do you guys have ADD or whatever? Ceci has success during an injury callup and he's suddenly the saviour and guys are getting waived? Didn't this happen with Borowiecki too? Remember that guy?!?!  Laugh1 

Let Ceci go back with the knowledge that he has more than just a shot at being an NHL star in the future. There's plenty of bodies on the big club right now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Are you high? Everyone is saying that Ceci deserves a chance to stick and prove his worth.

Why so cynical?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's SSF... I expect nothing less.

Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum