GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breezy

+5
SensHulk
PTFlea
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Breezy - Page 2 Empty Re: Breezy Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:59 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

The problem itself is the law. Most ppl just get a slap on the wrist for crimes against animals. Maybe they'll get some jail time, but the basic problem is that animal abuse is not recognized in the same breath as other crimes against humanity. Till they understand the basic principle that hurting animals is a major precursor to crimes against people, nothing will change.

If you start scaring the shit out of ppl from attacking helpless animals, I'm pretty sure you'll see a major drop in violent crimes.

17Breezy - Page 2 Empty Re: Breezy Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:03 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

case in point: luka magnotta. Perfect example of a psychopath who had ZERO empathy for abusing and hurting animals (in his case cats) and then he ended up killing a guy brutally.

Some ppl just won't get it till it's woven into the fabric of society. You beat or torcher an animal, you face serious jail time. That's how it should be. Strike fear right from the start so none of these bunghole ever get a chance to harm anybody.

18Breezy - Page 2 Empty Re: Breezy Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:46 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is it bad that I want this guy executed?

19Breezy - Page 2 Empty Re: Breezy Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:28 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The fiance and I are really pushing to adopt this dog at this point. We honestly believe we have the perfect home for her to recover and live a happy life from here on out. Really hoping the OHS at least gives us a look.

20Breezy - Page 2 Empty Done. Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:18 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Sounds like the pooch is in stable condition and hopefully her operation goes well.

If you wish Steven Helfer, the "man" who inflicted this pain and suffering to the beautiful dog, be sentenced to the maximum allowable punishment under the law please sign this petition.  It's about time people who torture animals and/or cause them to suffer are punished to the full extent of the law.  No animal deserves this, no living being for that matter.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/JUSTICE_FOR_BREEZY_Dog_kicked_and_beaten_with_a_shovel_and_rake_and_tossed_in_a_dumpster_in_Ottawa_Ontario_Canada/?pv=2

21Breezy - Page 2 Empty Re: Breezy Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:25 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

• BREEZY UPDATE: Breezy came through anesthesia well and is recovering in the care of the OHS. She was anesthetized Thursday to allow veterinarians to get a closer look at her head wounds with X-rays.

Vets were able to examine Breezy’s eye and found she may need to have it removed. A decision about her eye will be made in the coming days.

Vets also stitched up some deep lacerations on Breezy’s face and body. She will be anesthetized again next week to allow vets to remove teeth broken in the attack.

22Breezy - Page 2 Empty Re: Breezy Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:case in point: luka magnotta.  Perfect example of a psychopath who had ZERO empathy for abusing and hurting animals (in his case cats) and then he ended up killing a guy brutally.  

Some ppl just won't get it till it's woven into the fabric of society.  You beat or torcher an animal, you face serious jail time.  That's how it should be.  Strike fear right from the start so none of these bunghole ever get a chance to harm anybody.
I doubt very much that "people" like Magnotta would be scared out of anything. They don't think the same way. They are disturbed.

That said, identifying and tracking people who hurt animals -- tagging them and following up -- that might help.

23Breezy - Page 2 Empty Re: Breezy Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:02 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:case in point: luka magnotta.  Perfect example of a psychopath who had ZERO empathy for abusing and hurting animals (in his case cats) and then he ended up killing a guy brutally.  

Some ppl just won't get it till it's woven into the fabric of society.  You beat or torcher an animal, you face serious jail time.  That's how it should be.  Strike fear right from the start so none of these bunghole ever get a chance to harm anybody.
I doubt very much that "people" like Magnotta would be scared out of anything.  They don't think the same way.  They are disturbed.

That said, identifying and tracking people who hurt animals -- tagging them and following up -- that might help.  
Funny story. Internet groups tracked magnotta for years and wanted him to face jail time but nothing came of it. Feds only really went after him after he finally killed someone that mattered.

24Breezy - Page 2 Empty Re: Breezy Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It ain't easy being Breezy

25Breezy - Page 2 Empty Re: Breezy Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm, I feel like getting a hamburger.

THE WORKS KANATA ‏@THEWORKSKANATA 6h

@kyleturris @b_ryan9 we will be donating $1 of every burger to Breezy and the @ottawahumane please help and show support #burgersforBreezy

26Breezy - Page 2 Empty Re: Breezy Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:33 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Baking for Breezy:

https://www.facebook.com/events/538070432935059/?source=1

27Breezy - Page 2 Empty Re: Breezy Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:59 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Amazing all this attention she's getting.

28Breezy - Page 2 Empty Re: Breezy Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Has anyone put that idiot's head in a vice and popped his eyeballs out yet?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum