GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+17
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
SensHulk
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
Ev
tim1_2
Hoags
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
spader
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:This will bring a smile to the faces of Sens fans after and up and down summer of who left.. and BR coming in...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTH/Kadri-Fires-Back/6/53532
I was actually about to discuss this -- didn't see the HockeyBuzz blog but I saw the re-tweet from someone I follow.  According to Alter they asked for $6Mx6 but are willing to settle for $5Mx6 to help the club out of a tight spot.  Awww, how nice of them.  I realize it's not his fault that Nonis can't add, but the Leafs have about $5M for Kadri and Franson, and Kadri just showed that after a short season he had little left in the tank for the playoffs (if he contributed maybe they beat the Bruins, hmm?)  So to give Kadri $5M (which he doesn't deserve on a long term) they have to demote Gardiner, move/waive one of Orr/Frazer and possibly make another move.  And the reason that the Leafs feel they need Frazer *and* Orr is because of player *like* Kadri.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 2 ZackSmithLunge

Last edited by wprager on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:This will bring a smile to the faces of Sens fans after and up and down summer of who left.. and BR coming in...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTH/Kadri-Fires-Back/6/53532
I was actually about to discuss this -- didn't see the HockeyBuzz blog but I saw the re-tweet from someone I follow.  According to Alter they asked for $6Mx6 but are willing to settle for $5Mx6 to help the club out of a tight spot.  Awww, how nice of them.  I realize it's not his fault that Nonis can't add, but the Leafs have about $5M for Kadri and Frattin, and Kadri just showed that after a short season he had little left in the tank for the playoffs (if he contributed maybe they beat the Bruins, hmm?)  So to give Kadri $5M (which he doesn't deserve on a long term) they have to demote Gardiner, move/waive one of Orr/Frazer and possibly make another move.  And the reason that the Leafs feel they need Frazer *and* Orr is because of player *like* Kadri.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 2 ZackSmithLunge
TOR has to pay Frattin to play for LAK? What a brutal arrangement.

Sarcasm 

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

It's Franson not Frattin

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:It's Franson not Frattin
Yes, it is. Sarcasm 

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:It's Franson not Frattin
Yes, it is. Sarcasm 
And you wonder why you get minused Sarcasm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Perhaps he was talking UFA only, so all of the above don't count.
Oh, that makes more sense. My vote for best off-season acquisition is MacArthur. Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Perhaps he was talking UFA only, so all of the above don't count.
Oh, that makes more sense. My vote for best off-season acquisition is MacArthur. Sarcasm
Bang for the buck, perhaps, who knows. Michalek gets injured in camp and CMac ends up with Spezza and Rayn then goes on to a career season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Grabovski to the Caps; $3M (plus whatever he's making on the buy out -- he made $5.5M last year).
More than I thought he'd get and a solid pick up for Washington. He'll put up 40 and he'll be one of the best off-season acquisitions IMO
In six NHL seasons he's scored a total of 94 goals. The chances of improving on his best season by 11 is pretty silly (he had 29 in 10/11). My guess is that he plays well and scores 20+ goals and 50ish points, since he's demonstrated that he's basically a 25/25/50 player.
Don't think he meant 40 goals, just 40 points.
If he's one of the best off-season acquisitions with 40 points, then this off-season was a bust.
I did mean UFA signing. MacArthur is up there as well, obviously. Grabo has the ability to be a dynamic player, especially if he's on the PP with Ovi, etc

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
I did mean UFA signing. MacArthur is up there as well, obviously. Grabo has the ability to be a dynamic player, especially if he's on the PP with Ovi, etc
Heh-heh, where do you place one Daniel Alfredsson, then?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kadri asking for 5 x 6 is the definition of a Cussing joke. How about no? Prove you can do it for more than a half season first. Bridge contract, take it or sit out punk.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Anyone listen to the Luongo interview on TSN yet (they are airing it in parts, not all together).  Apparently when the trade fell through he cried in front of Gillis.  Then he went to the PA contemplating walking away from the $40M he has left on that contract.  

So why doesn't he just renegotiate the contract?  Lots of cases where contracts were negotiated upward, to the players' benefit; why not renegotiate it lower, again, to the player's benefit?
This Luongo story is getting old fast. He cried? Shut up and play goal. Damn...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Henrique signed a 6 year, 24 million deal. Someone ptobably mentioned it o. Here, but I didn't see it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Henrique contract -- $4M per year for 6 years. Nazem Kadri wanted $6M x 6 and is willing to settle for $5M x 6.

Henrique NHL Totals:
117 games, 27/40/67, 23 PIM
Playoffs: 24 games, 5/8/12

Nazem Kadri NHL Totals:
99 games, 26/37/63, 39 PIM
Playoffs: 7 games, 1/3/4

Kadri's PPG is better but let's not forget this is the New Jersey Devils. He'd have more points on a different team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Henrique signed a 6 year, 24 million deal.  Someone ptobably mentioned it o. Here, but I didn't see it.  
I think you and I saw it at about the same time. Don't think it's been mentioned yet. I'm trolling @43_Kadri over his expectations. I wonder if he'll bite.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Henrique signed a 6 year, 24 million deal.  Someone ptobably mentioned it o. Here, but I didn't see it.  
I think you and I saw it at about the same time.  Don't think it's been mentioned yet.  I'm trolling @43_Kadri over his expectations.  I wonder if he'll bite.
Any updates?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Kadri asking for 5 x 6 is the definition of a Cussing joke.    How about no?  Prove you can do it for more than a half season first.  Bridge contract, take it or sit out punk.  
A delicious joke. I hope he holds out and causes a season long distraction. Eat it, Laffs.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It will be like the Subban situation, he will sit out, realize he isn't getting paid or playing, and sign a 1 year or 2 year deal and see how things go after that. Clock work.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:It will be like the Subban situation, he will sit out, realize he isn't getting paid or playing, and sign a 1 year or 2 year deal and see how things go after that.  Clock work.
Like P.K. Cowen?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum