GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion

+16
Hockeyhero22000
spader
Hobiesens
Flo The Action
Hoags
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
PTFlea
Ev
SeawaySensFan
wprager
NEELY
LeCaptain
SensHulk
tim1_2
shabbs
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62, 63  Next

Go down  Message [Page 61 of 63]

9012013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:16 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Seriously, Vancouver decided CS is their #1, Luongo played nice guy through 2 playoffs now and in fact as played just as much as Schiender in that time. Vancouver keeps treating their players like this and it will be a long time before they ever make a run again, like a decade because no one will sign there.

Gillis has killed that organization from the inside out and if he keeps Luongo around then it's all on him and the media circus that follows will just make sure no one forgets how ignorant and moronic Gillis is.

9022013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:26 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll never look at the Penguins the same way again after Boston made them look so sad and weak. Irreparable damage.

9032013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:28 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Seriously, Vancouver decided CS is their #1, Luongo played nice guy through 2 playoffs now and in fact as played just as much as Schiender in that time. Vancouver keeps treating their players like this and it will be a long time before they ever make a run again, like a decade because no one will sign there.

Gillis has killed that organization from the inside out and if he keeps Luongo around then it's all on him and the media circus that follows will just make sure no one forgets how ignorant and moronic Gillis is.

They have one option: Give Luongo away with another asset and take a bad contract back. A couple years ago, they could have traded Luongo or Schneider and received good return for either, but that ship has sailed. Gillis should be fired for this one Diddle up alone, but that is not the case. Now he needs to find a way to turn this ship around in a hurry...otherwise it'll be him getting canned next off-season.

9042013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He really should be fired. How the hell is he still the GM there? What has to happen for him to be canned lol

9052013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:19 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Game 1. Tonight. 8pm EST.

Game 2 goes Saturday at 8pm EST.

9062013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:56 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cussing triple OT, 1am nonsense. Need. More. Coffee.

9072013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:01 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Cussing triple OT, 1am nonsense.  Need.  More.  Coffee.

I stayed up (well, "up" was debatable by that point) and it wasn't even a record. Not for a playoff game, not for a Finals game, not even for the opening game of the Finals.

I wonder if Seidenberg got any sleep last night. He got dumped in the corner by Shaw and another Hawk; the other guy pushes the puck to the point and Shaw heads for the crease. Seidenberg gets up looks to the crease, then goes back to pick up his glove lying by the boards. By the time he turns around and heads back to the crease the shot is on its way and then deflected for the winner. If he had chosen to go after the Shaw right away he probably would have been able to tie him up or even keep him from screening Rask.

9082013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:09 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Cussing triple OT, 1am nonsense.  Need.  More.  Coffee.

I stayed up (well, "up" was debatable by that point) and it wasn't even a record. Not for a playoff game, not for a Finals game, not even for the opening game of the Finals.

I wonder if Seidenberg got any sleep last night. He got dumped in the corner by Shaw and another Hawk; the other guy pushes the puck to the point and Shaw heads for the crease. Seidenberg gets up looks to the crease, then goes back to pick up his glove lying by the boards. By the time he turns around and heads back to the crease the shot is on its way and then deflected for the winner. If he had chosen to go after the Shaw right away he probably would have been able to tie him up or even keep him from screening Rask.

I found his decision to go back and retrieve his glove very odd. You're in triple OT in the Stanley Cup Finals, and you're worried about your glove?? He certainly would've been in front of the net by the time the puck was heading there, so it could've changed the course of the game. Yeah, I bet he doesn't feel too great about it.

9092013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:08 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

David Krejci is Cussing sick.

9102013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:35 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

What if Daug had of tried to put the puck up and over Crawford.. instead of the fancy deek he attempted to do and failed...

That was a very entertaining game.

Watching that made me realize how far the Sens could be from competing in a final against a team like Bos or Chi.

The physicality from top to bottom of the lineup was so evident... and the novel approach of going to the net when the shot is coming from the point instead of hanging around the perimeter..

Laying their 'bodies' on the line to block a shot or do anything they can to keep the puck out of their zone and their net...

Sens need more of that kind of play to advance further in the playoffs...

9112013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:Sens need more of that kind of play to advance further in the playoffs...

In terms of how they play they aren't even close IMO.  Far too many weak starts, playing catch up/relying on Anderson and the #PeskySens to pull out an upset win.

9122013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:11 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:Sens need more of that kind of play to advance further in the playoffs...

In terms of how they play they aren't even close IMO.  Far too many weak starts, playing catch up/relying on Anderson and the #PeskySens to pull out an upset win.

Agreed.. their play has to increase significantly to get back to the Cup final.

Who can they pick up this year that will help with that?  Do they identify players that don't 'fit the mold' as to that type of player and trade them?

9132013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

again, the Bruines and Hawks were once like the Sens. it's called time and development. Be Patient.

9142013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

People should realize we're still a solid 2-3 years away from being a real contender.  It takes a lot of time with young players.

9152013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:43 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:
Who can they pick up this year that will help with that?  Do they identify players that don't 'fit the mold' as to that type of player and trade them?

It's going to take both time/patience on the player development front and acquiring the right players.

9162013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:13 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:People should realize we're still a solid 2-3 years away from being a real contender.  It takes a lot of time with young players.

Also let's not neglect the fact that we didn't have our two key offensive weapons in Karlsson and Spezza for much of the season, and when they returned, neither one was close to 100%.

9172013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll be immensely happy to reach the second round again next year. ( Especially if it would mean knocking the habs out again). My expectation aren't as high as the sens brass.

9182013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 61 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:30 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's a million variables to each season. If someone had told me the injuries we would suffer, I would have assumed we'd be in the running for 1st overall in the draft (as many of us assumed when Karlsson went down).

With a relatively healthy lineup, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to make the second round again. Even if we have the same lineup...with fewer injuries, we should, in theory, be a much better team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 61 of 63]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62, 63  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum