GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion

+16
Hockeyhero22000
spader
Hobiesens
Flo The Action
Hoags
rooneypoo
sandysensfan
PTFlea
Ev
SeawaySensFan
wprager
NEELY
LeCaptain
SensHulk
tim1_2
shabbs
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32 ... 63  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 63]

162013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:29 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

F'ing pumped, is all I can say. Biggest thing for us is Turris getting it going, and Silf/Z-Bad finding a way to pot some goals.

172013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:48 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Turris won't have the physical pounding he would have otherwise in basically any other series, so that's a good thing. Again, the Sens match up well against the Habs and hold the physical edge as well.

Goaltending? I would say Sens.
Defense? Sens
Offense? Habs

Hopefully the Sens can take this series in 5 or 6 but I would expect this one could go 7 no problem.

182013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:51 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Turris won't have the physical pounding he would have otherwise in basically any other series, so that's a good thing. Again, the Sens match up well against the Habs and hold the physical edge as well.

Defense? Sens
Offense? Habs

Hopefully the Sens can take this series in 5 or 6 but I would expect this one could go 7 no problem.

Price has struggled since Emelin went down (2-5-0, 4.38, .851 in last 7 GPI), so hopefully that trend continues. Our defense will have to be top-notch, and there's no reason to expect otherwise.

Phillips injury is believed to be his left knee. He's been our most durable player, so I wouldn't expect him to miss too much, if any time. He last had a knee injury in 2006 (left knee then too).

If he can't go, Gryba and Wiercioch will both be in.

192013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:54 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Goota like the matchup for the Sens even though the series can go either way. Really looking forward to this one because it will be heated and both cities will be super into it. Def think the Sens can win this one.

Love seeing Toronto having to play Boston, worst matchup possible for them.

If you look at the way Ottawa played Montreal this year it's dead-even. Pair of regulation wins for each team (we embarrassed them 5-1 but that was Budaj; they beat us 2-1) and a pair of SO wins each. All of those games were without Spezza and Cowen; the last two (SO split) were without Karlsson and Anderson, the very last one was also without Michalek; Subban wasn't in the lineup for the 5-1 drubbing.

Since their last head to head game (a 4-3 shootout win by Montreal) the Sens' lineup has changed drastically:
Added: Karlsson, Cowen, Michalek, Anderson, Conacher
Removed: Bishop, Daugavins

Notable mentions: Pageau (although there are other roster moves -- e.g. Stone/O'Brien played in that last game) Pageau has actually made a difference with 2 GWGs.

On Montreal's side, since that last game they lost Emelin and gained Prust (separated shoulder).

Honestly, on paper, if we get the goaltending we expect from Anderson and/or Lehner this shouldn't even be close. Of course paper is not ice and that's, as they say, why the play the game.

It'll come down to goaltending and special teams. Doesn't it always.

202013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:58 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:Turris won't have the physical pounding he would have otherwise in basically any other series, so that's a good thing. Again, the Sens match up well against the Habs and hold the physical edge as well.

Defense? Sens
Offense? Habs

Price has struggled since Emelin went down (2-5-0, 4.38, .851 in last 7 GPI), so hopefully that trend continues. Our defense will have to be top-notch, and there's no reason to expect otherwise.

Phillips injury is believed to be his left knee. He's been our most durable player, so I wouldn't expect him to miss too much, if any time. He last had a knee injury in 2006 (left knee then too).

Don't forget Benoit. He's small but fast, had 3 assists in the 4 games against the Habs and was a +3. Adding Conacher and Pageau gives us two small/fast forwards that we didn't have before. They could do very well against Montreal's D.

212013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:59 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

First round schedule has been released, first post updated.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=668207

222013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:10 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Playoff hockey is the greatest time of the year, no question.

232013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:21 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I love this time of year...

242013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:33 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Don't forget Benoit. He's small but fast, had 3 assists in the 4 games against the Habs and was a +3. Adding Conacher and Pageau gives us two small/fast forwards that we didn't have before. They could do very well against Montreal's D.

Fark, I was totally forgetting Benoit. I think we'd dress Wiercioch over Benoit though...and Gryba's pretty much a given.

252013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:36 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Playoff hockey is the greatest time of the year, no question.

I particularly enjoy the first round, where there's usually a minimum of 4 games each day...this year the schedules are a little wonky, but still too much hockey for one person to watch. I also enjoy watching some of the NBC afternoon games...this round, we'll get Pitts/NYI and Wash/NYR on the weekends in the afternoon.

262013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:39 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Montreal's powerplay has been really good all year, but their PK is among the worst (23rd overall). Our PK is #1. We also take the most shots per game. % wise, we're pretty much even in faceoffs.

It's an interesting matchup.

272013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:45 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gotta think there really are only two real "upsets" in the first round... Isles beating Pitt and Minny beating Chicago. The other series' don't really have a clear underdog.

282013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:45 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think the biggest thing for the Sens is the won't be outclassed anywhere and thus won't really be intimidated. They are the bigger team, they are just as fast, and they work just as hard if not harder.

This is the team the Sens wanted to play IMO, they got the matchup they wanted. Might not win but this series will be tough for both teams.

292013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:01 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess we'll find out in a hurry how "legitmate" the Habs are. They didn't finish 2nd by accident, but they also don't seem to be playing their best hockey right now.

I can't wait...this is going to be awesome.

302013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:28 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I guess we'll find out in a hurry how "legitmate" the Habs are. They didn't finish 2nd by accident, but they also don't seem to be playing their best hockey right now.

I can't wait...this is going to be awesome.

They finished second for two reasons:
1. Boston stumbled down the stretch
2. Lots and lots of power plays given to the Habs. They led the league with 105 opportunities; Philly was second with 92. Ottawa was middle of the pack with 81.

The Habs really didn't get great goaltending all season, but it's really become bad ever since they lost Emelin. The Habs finished the year playing some of their worst hockey.

The Sens, too, didn't play well down the stretch. Lots of players overachieved and were just plain tired. And that won't get any better going forward. They also had a goalie coming off a high ankle sprain. Anderson has not been as good in the last 9 as he was in the first 15; actually, perhaps a better description would be that he hasn't been as consistent. Of the 9 games he had 4 with sub-.900 SV%, but in the other 5 he had a combined SV% of .954.

312013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:04 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Really wish TSN picked up this series, last thing I want is hearing Cole get every single Sens name wrong over and over...

322013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:06 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is great: http://senschirp.ca/blog/item/997-breaking-down-ottawa/montreal

332013 NHL Playoffs Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs Discussion Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:21 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:This is great: http://senschirp.ca/blog/item/997-breaking-down-ottawa/montreal

Excellent analysis.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 63]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32 ... 63  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum