GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Ottawa @ Montreal - Sun, feb 3, 2013

+13
spader
Ev
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
SensHulk
wprager
Hoags
PTFlea
shabbs
LeCaptain
NEELY
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Ev wrote:Well, Bingo could use him.
Make it so.

Dane going down.

Wait. What? Did they send Regin down? Doesn't he have to clear waivers to be sent down?

No he hasn't been sent down yet.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's not being sent to Bingo lol

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Make it so.

Dane going down.

Wait. What? Did they send Regin down? Doesn't he have to clear waivers to be sent down?

He does. He will.

ETA: He's still on a one-way, though. But without a NMC I think they can send him anywhere they want.

Why are you using "ETA" as a post-script?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Make it so.

Dane going down.

He does. He will.

ETA: He's still on a one-way, though. But without a NMC I think they can send him anywhere they want.

Why are you using "ETA" as a post-script?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

ETA = "Edit to Add".

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:ETA = "Edit to Add".
Gotta say, that's the first time I've seen that. Usually just put "EDIT:" and then the update.

shabbs wrote:
Gotta say, that's the first time I've seen that. Usually just put "EDIT:" and then the update.

That's because ETA is generally understood to mean "Estimated Time of Arrival".

If I wanted to know where the food was, I wouldn't be asking WTF?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:
shabbs wrote:

HA HA!

And if I wanted less outside light, I wouldn't be saying LOL!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Laugh1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, just so you know, I'm pretty sure you don't know all of the internet acronyms*. Some are used fairly heavily one some message boards and not others. Trust me, I (and others) use ETA frequently in other places and no-one complains.

BTW, I like hemlock's WTF even better than Phil's on Modern Family (Why the Face).

* for example:

IBIMB
TTIUWOP
- very well known ones in some circles

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

OMGWTFBBQ!! Ahhhhh!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MILF
JOMG

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

ETA - estimated time of arrival. Anything else is ludacris

Game Day - Ottawa @ Montreal - Sun, feb 3, 2013 - Page 9 2917592

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Huh, the "Quote" button is missing above Michallica's post; tried refreshing and all. Weird.

Anyhow.

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ETA

That's a lot of Ludacris.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

The first one in the list is all it counts Nod

I HAVE SPOKEN!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Hey, just so you know, I'm pretty sure you don't know all of the internet acronyms*. Some are used fairly heavily one some message boards and not others. Trust me, I (and others) use ETA frequently in other places and no-one complains.

BTW, I like hemlock's WTF even better than Phil's on Modern Family (Why the Face).

* for example:

IBIMB
TTIUWOP
- very well known ones in some circles

Facepalm But seriously, feel free to use it to mean Elvis Tribute Artist. WOW. (I'm using an esoteric acronym, not the word that everyone knows and will naturally assume that I'm saying. Double points if you understand what I mean. Also, I'm sorry for the insult that is embedded in the acronym, but since you probably won't understand it anyway [since you don't know all the Internet acronyms], I don't imagine that you'll be offended.)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, if I said "What's the ETA on Hoffman getting back in the lineup?" then that would be somewhat incorrect (you don't "arrive" back in the lineup) but everyone would know what I meant. Apart from that usage, I really don't think "Estimated Time of Arrival" is a very common phrase on a hockey message board. However I have seen ETA used as "Edit to add" many times on message boards -- and this is a message board.

Look, I get it, you didn't know, and now you do. That's all this is. No need to insult anyone. I certainly didn't try to insult anyone, right?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's not like I said ESAD Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum