GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Random household issues -- questions asked and answered here

+19
Hobiesens
spader
Hoags
Flo The Action
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
dennycrane
PTFlea
rooneypoo
SensHulk
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
Number Twenty Nine
Vandelay
shabbs
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28 ... 44  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 44]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have a random issue. I broke the Dung out of my right thumb playing softball and required surgery on it. So my participation has been limited on these forums for the past two weeks and will continue to be limited until I get this Cussing cast off.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Man there's so many restaurants near my place, I'm gonna get bigger and my wallet will get lighter.

Hintonburger all day every day

I have the same problem now that I live in Cornwall, believe it or not.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:I have a random issue. I broke the Dung out of my right thumb playing softball and required surgery on it.  So my participation has been limited on these forums for the past two weeks and will continue to be limited until I get this Cussing cast off.

Get a mic and you can probably find some free voice-to-text app.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I have a random issue. I broke the Dung out of my right thumb playing softball and required surgery on it.  So my participation has been limited on these forums for the past two weeks and will continue to be limited until I get this Cussing cast off.

Get a mic and you can probably find some free voice-to-text app.

Have it on my tablet and it works pretty well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The screen on one of the girls' tablets is smashed. Won't turn on at all. The tablet makes little whirring noises but because I have no way of entering the screen lock PIN I can't even hook it up to my laptop (USB) to get files (pictures, videos, maybe even game save files) from it.

Any ideas? I could try opening up the other tablet and plugging the ribbon cable from the broken one to the good screen, but there's not much room to work with and I'm not sure how much flex the cable can safely take. She has a bluetooth keyboard (I've used that in the past to enter the PIN successfully) but I'm pretty sure bluetooth is disabled on the tablet. A factory reset would wipe out all user data so that's not an option.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Buy a new one

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Buy a new one

He will (my son, that is, who is responsible for the damage).

But there are lots of pictures, videos and other stuff on there that we still want to recover.

Tip: If the tablet has a micro SD slot, get an SD card and keep all data on there if possible.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

He will (my son, that is, who is responsible for the damage.

Sounds like a good story. Do tell.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

He will (my son, that is, who is responsible for the damage.

Sounds like a good story. Do tell.

If you were on our street you probably would've heard.

Anyhow, she'll get a slight upgrade because I'm not letting him go cheap. She had the Iconia A1 810, the updated one is the 830 and it adds stereo speakers, nicer front camera, thinner size couple other minor updates. But I've also been looking at others, and the new Dell Venue 8 is a very nice alternative. Similar size (perhaps a tiny bit slimmer), has 2G RAM (versus 1.5), bluetooth 4.0 (better power consumption than 3.0). Not sure if the processor is better or not. And the rear camera is mounted at the center instead of the corner. And it's $10 less Smile

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't understand keurig flavoured coffees. They all taste the same to me

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I don't understand keurig flavoured coffees. They all taste the same to me

Have the vanilla biscotti. Dung will change your world.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Ev wrote:I don't understand keurig flavoured coffees. They all taste the same to me

I think I've had that before, can't remember, I just had a Vanilla Bean There.

Do you put anything in it afterwards?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Cream & sweetener, same as I would for any coffee. The vanilla biscotti smells like someone baked a cake, just for you.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cayman Island Coconut K-cups are also quite delicious.  Sorry Ev, no baconator flavour.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Cream & sweetener, same as I would for any coffee. The vanilla biscotti smells like someone baked a cake, just for you.

It's pretty solid, thanks. I used whipping cream, no sweetener.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Cayman Island Coconut K-cups are also quite delicious.  Sorry Ev, no baconator flavour.

I actually don't care for flavoured coffee and brew some French Vanilla to scent the house from time to time.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Cayman Island Coconut K-cups are also quite delicious.  Sorry Ev, no baconator flavour.

I actually don't care for flavoured coffee and brew some French Vanilla to scent the house from time to time.

W.P. "Penny-pincher" Prager would tell you that their are cheaper ways to scent your house. Like farts.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

W.P. "Penny-pincher" Prager would tell you that their are cheaper ways to scent your house.  Like farts.

The amount of vanilla biscotti you'd have to eat to have vanilla-scented farts make it a prohibitive way to freshen your house.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 44]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28 ... 44  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum