GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs

+13
stempniaksen
Flo The Action
ddt
spader
Hobiesens
wprager
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
SensHulk
NEELY
PTFlea
Hoags
tim1_2
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

16Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:50 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

How much you wanna bet the price for Luongo just went up haha

17Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You'd think that management would've had a sense of whether or not Burke would go for Luongo before now.

Now the media sh!tstorm around the Leafs will be 100 times more ridiculous as training camp opens...exactly what they should've tried to avoid.

You'd think this is a firing that could've been done months ago if it is really about Luongo.

Anyway, good entertainment, as always, from Ol' Bluey.

18Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:54 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:How much you wanna bet the price for Luongo just went up haha

Price don't matter when so few teams could take him on, much less need him.

19Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:54 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Delicious.

20Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:57 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:How much you wanna bet the price for Luongo just went up haha

Price don't matter when so few teams could take him on, much less need him.

There are a few teams and those teams are probably a preferred location. Tampa/Florida being 2. If MLSE made the choice between trading for Luongo and Burke, Vancouver can ask for basically anything now.

21Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:57 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:You'd think that management would've had a sense of whether or not Burke would go for Luongo before now.

Now the media sh!tstorm around the Leafs will be 100 times more ridiculous as training camp opens...exactly what they should've tried to avoid.

You'd think this is a firing that could've been done months ago if it is really about Luongo.

Anyway, good entertainment, as always, from Ol' Bluey.

Toronto may as well flush their season down the toilette now.

22Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:58 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Next stop for Jurke: Long Island.

23Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Florida don't need him when they have Markstrom in the wings.

Tampa just went out and got Lindback not long ago.

Columbus is the only other team I can think of that's a gongshow in goal and Luongo would never waive his NTC to go there.

Can't see why he'd waive to go to TO either ....

24Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Will there be a 4-hour retrospective on TSN? Exclusive one-on-one with James Dutchie?

25Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Again, why would Luongo waive his NTC for Toronto? That would be pretty much the last destination I would agree to.

26Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Please let them hire Milbury, Doug MacLean or Pierre Gauthier as a replacement .... the entertainment value would be priceless.

JFJ back in as the GM with the above three as advisors.

27Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:03 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Will there be a 4-hour retrospective on TSN? Exclusive one-on-one with James Dutchie?

LOL they already have online live video going covering it. Live presser at 1:45pm

28Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:04 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Will there be a 4-hour retrospective on TSN? Exclusive one-on-one with James Dutchie?

LOL they already have online live video going covering it. Live presser at 1:45pm

Holy crap! I was actually sort of kidding. Facepalm

http://www.tsn.ca/live/player.aspx#v=835987&i=835987

Gino "Useless" Reda hosting. Perfect.

29Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:04 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Again, why would Luongo waive his NTC for Toronto? That would be pretty much the last destination I would agree to.

Well you know it's going to be a Dung show now and all the pressure in the world is on Luongo. If he has bad season off the hop he's in for the longest 10 years of any player in NHL history.

30Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:05 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Holy crap! I was actually sort of kidding. Facepalm

http://www.tsn.ca/live/player.aspx#v=835987&i=835987

Gino "Useless" Reda hosting. Perfect.

It's good background 'music to my ears' while I work....

31Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Again, why would Luongo waive his NTC for Toronto? That would be pretty much the last destination I would agree to.

Well you know it's going to be a Dung show now and all the pressure in the world is on Luongo. If he has bad season off the hop he's in for the longest 10 years of any player in NHL history.

Yeah, that's what I mean. I'd go anywhere else than Toronto with the possible exception of Montreal.

32Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:07 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

Considering the crap he put up with Vancouver it'd be out of the frying pan into the fire. Makes no sense.

33Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs - Page 2 Empty Re: Brian Burke Fired by the Leafs Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:08 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If you are Luongo and know that Columbus just hired John Davidson, that's a guy who could talk him into coming. Flip Luongo for LA's 1st and Mason, and maybe a guy like Umberger and that would get it done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum