GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pretty big news, UFA may start in mid June now

+3
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

According to Sportsnet this morning, they say that it's done. UFA period will start mid June instead of July 1st.

Is it earth shattering? Perhaps not, but it changes the landscape ever so slightly.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it might create more draft day trades, if anything.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Good move. Will create a little havoc around the league pre-draft.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Has anyone else heard this though? I saw it this morning on the Sportsnet ticker and haven't heard anything else about it since.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/20/report-nhl-and-nhlpa-agree-to-move-free-agency-start-date-trading-cap-space/

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Thanks Shabbs.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm fine with this move. It's just a date. They should also make the CBA expire at the same time. Heh heh.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I bet the GM's are just about pulling their hair shouting "C'mon!"
not only do they have to go thru the draft and the combine and get their staff organized for the playoffs but now they'll have to get UFA's and have solid trade options on the board by the draft. did the fans come up with this? this sounds like something out of NHL13 for XBox.

On behalf of the players I could see how this might help settle in a few for a comfortable summerwith an early contract.

does anyone see a patern that might come of this?

I see GM's from the more attractive destinations picking up alot of the available UFA's and then trading whatever players they have a surplus of for draft pick at the draft. this could just become a way for certain teams to maintain their position at the top over some less fortunate markets. I bet the Flyers are overjoyed at the idea of this. Holmgreb is a monster.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm normally camping on July 1st, so I welcome this news, as now I'll actually be able to watch the Frenzy. Or, as I call it, "The Ottawa Senators Sign an Old, Obsolete Russian" day.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Some GMs may prefer as it gets it out of the way earlier, playoff failure is fresh in an owner's mind so it may be easier to sell spending, and it allows them to get the next-season prep started without UFA distractions.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I'm normally camping on July 1st, so I welcome this news, as now I'll actually be able to watch the Frenzy. Or, as I call it, "The Ottawa Senators Sign an Old, Obsolete Russian" day.

Good point by you! See you in Long Sault, then! TwoThumbsUp! Cheers

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:According to Sportsnet this morning, they say that it's done. UFA period will start mid June instead of July 1st.

Is it earth shattering? Perhaps not, but it changes the landscape ever so slightly.

Finally I can go to Canada Day festivities without checking the twitter feed on my smartphone every 2 minutes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:I'm fine with this move. It's just a date. They should also make the CBA expire at the same time. Heh heh.

This!

tim1_2 wrote:I'm normally camping on July 1st, so I welcome this news, as now I'll actually be able to watch the Frenzy. Or, as I call it, "The Ottawa Senators Sign an Old, Obsolete Russian" day.

Laugh1 repped!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:

Laugh1 repped!
I remember that day like it was yesterday...

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum