GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+16
SensHulk
Ev
tim1_2
spader
Hobiesens
sens4win
sandysensfan
Hoags
DirtyDave
NEELY
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
shabbs
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

1NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:20 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NHL message to fans:

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=641696

PRESS RELEASE

The following message to fans was issued by the National Hockey League on Sunday

Despite the expiration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the National Hockey League has been, and remains, committed to negotiating around the clock to reach a new CBA that is fair to the Players and to the 30 NHL teams.

Thanks to the conditions fostered by seven seasons under the previous CBA, competitive balance has created arguably the most meaningful regular season in pro sports; a different team has won the Stanley Cup every year; fans and sponsors have agreed the game is at its best, and the League has generated remarkable growth and momentum. While our last CBA negotiation resulted in a seismic change in the League’s economic system, and produced corresponding on-ice benefits, our current negotiation is focused on a fairer and more sustainable division of revenues with the Players -- as well as other necessary adjustments consistent with the objectives of the economic system we developed jointly with the NHL Players’ Association seven years ago. Those adjustments are attainable through sensible, focused negotiation -- not through rhetoric.

This is a time of year for all attention to be focused on the ice, not on a meeting room. The League, the Clubs and the Players all have a stake in resolving our bargaining issues appropriately and getting the puck dropped as soon as possible. We owe it to each other, to the game and, most of all, to the fans.

2NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:29 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Labour is always going to be the biggest expense of any company. How many companies do you know that actually link revenue to salary expenses?

It would be interesting to know what most companies pay out in salaries expressed as a percentage of revenue.

Only similar instance that I know of is companies that have profit sharing. It doesn't affect your base salary though.
Yeah, it's typically linked to your bonus.

3NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:38 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

The players have already offered to lower their percentage. The NHL started at 43% and got up to about 47. The players went to a range of about 52-54. 50 or 51% gets this done.

That a lockout has occurred demonstrates that the owners, who did not even want to start negotiations until July, are not negotiating in good faith. Both sides could have done more but I put this on ownership.

This is different than any other profession in that the players are the product as well.

4NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:18 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's the latest, dennycrane?

5NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Labour is always going to be the biggest expense of any company. How many companies do you know that actually link revenue to salary expenses?

It would be interesting to know what most companies pay out in salaries expressed as a percentage of revenue.

Only similar instance that I know of is companies that have profit sharing. It doesn't affect your base salary though.

Profit sharing is not revenue sharing. A huge - HUGE - difference.

6NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

dennycrane wrote:The players have already offered to lower their percentage. The NHL started at 43% and got up to about 47. The players went to a range of about 52-54. 50 or 51% gets this done.

That a lockout has occurred demonstrates that the owners, who did not even want to start negotiations until July, are not negotiating in good faith. Both sides could have done more but I put this on ownership.

This is different than any other profession in that the players are the product as well.

The NHL has been saying for months that they were willing to start negotiations. The player delayed this; their excuse was that they had a new guy in the room and he had to come up to speed. .

Cap has gone up 80% while revenues have gone up 50%. And then there's the front-end loading of contracts to make the actual salary higher than the cap hit. Why are salaries outpacing revenue growth?

7NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:28 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Profit sharing is not revenue sharing. A huge - HUGE - difference.

First of all, I said "similar" secondly, profit is derived from revenue. It's the closest thing I know of to revenue sharing although it's not exactly the same thing.

8NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:39 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Nothing new to report.

9NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Nothing new to report.

Really??? I've been waiting since the lockout began for something new.

How long do I have to wait? Vertigo

- Unknown Author

10NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Nothing new to report.

Really??? I've been waiting since the lockout began for something new.

How long do I have to wait? Vertigo
Until the money stops coming in...

11NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Does Gonchar's last year of the contract slide to next year? If so and he retires, that's a tremendous waste of money.

12NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No sliding during a lockout. He'll be a UFA next year.

13NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:No sliding during a lockout. He'll be a UFA next year.

More money for us to get Perry then. Smile

14NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:00 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Nothing new to report.

When they start cancelling pre-season games that's when the talks will get serious. I refuse to believe both sides (especially the NHL) don't know how much damage this will cause for the game and the NHL itself.

15NHL CBA Talk Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:23 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

Agreed. What is it? October 15th that players usually get their first cheque? Once that day passes, I expect concessions will be made

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum