GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RIP victims of the Dark Knight Rises Colorado tragedy

+7
wprager
spader
sens4win
NEELY
PTFlea
shabbs
Riprock
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:But it says in the US constitution -- that their citizens 'have the right to bear arms'.

Everytime something like this tragedy happens.. the NRA goes back to that.

Point is.. that is about 400 yrs old.

They have to make it harder for their citizens to get the guns. This guy bought 4 of them. Now if there was some kind of way they have to register whenever they buy guns -- would you not think he was up to something buying that many in a short period of time?

People hunt and have shotguns. US citizens are allowed hand guns.

But why the hell are they selling assault rifles? That makes no sense to me at all?

They need to get with the times... or over and over again.. some nut will keep doing these types of shootings. How long can they let this go on?

Jason Alexander ('George' from Seinfeld) had a tweetlonger post on this. If you follow MrMontagoose on twitter I replied to it. He made quite a few points, not least of which is the fact that the Constitution was specifically talking about "organized militia" and not just ordinary citizens. Also, like you said, the definition of "arms" 400 years ago surely did not include assault rifles.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I read his post, he raised some very good points. It seems to be a misinterpreted constitution.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:But it says in the US constitution -- that their citizens 'have the right to bear arms'.

Everytime something like this tragedy happens.. the NRA goes back to that.

Point is.. that is about 400 yrs old.

They have to make it harder for their citizens to get the guns. This guy bought 4 of them. Now if there was some kind of way they have to register whenever they buy guns -- would you not think he was up to something buying that many in a short period of time?

People hunt and have shotguns. US citizens are allowed hand guns.

But why the hell are they selling assault rifles? That makes no sense to me at all?

They need to get with the times... or over and over again.. some nut will keep doing these types of shootings. How long can they let this go on?

Jason Alexander ('George' from Seinfeld) had a tweetlonger post on this. If you follow MrMontagoose on twitter I replied to it. He made quite a few points, not least of which is the fact that the Constitution was specifically talking about "organized militia" and not just ordinary citizens. Also, like you said, the definition of "arms" 400 years ago surely did not include assault rifles.

I haven't read it yet, but JA posted this rebuttal to his original post:

http://www.grumpypundit.com/index.php/2012/07/22/we-wont-be-fooled-again-oh-hell-yes-we-will/

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I don't know who that is, but it's not Jason alexander refuting his own argument.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You'll soon see security that will pat people down and look in purses be standard in big movie theatres, just like in arenas and stadiums.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Probably not in Canada. What (if any at all) schools in Canada have metal detectors like the US implemented after Columbine?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Probably not in Canada. What (if any at all) schools in Canada have metal detectors like the US implemented after Columbine?

No not in Canada, only referring to the US. Sens game you just walk right in. Most US sporting events, you get a patdown (not if it's clearly visible that you aren't carrying anything) and purse check.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Riprock wrote:Probably not in Canada. What (if any at all) schools in Canada have metal detectors like the US implemented after Columbine?

No not in Canada, only referring to the US. Sens game you just walk right in. Most US sporting events, you get a patdown (not if it's clearly visible that you aren't carrying anything) and purse check.

Call me crazy, but this day and age, I'd welcome security checks more often in Canada. As you mentioned, you can pretty much just waltz into a sens game with whatever you want.

Hypothetical here...but lots of sens/leafs fans get into fisticuffs....lets say one of them is crazy enough and brings a knife....what then?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I have been to select events in Canada in which security was tight. Most recently was being violated by a Wing Dang Doodle at Sound Academy who thought it was her right to stick her fingers inside my underwear.

I've been patted down at the Scotiabank Place for a concert. And security sometimes checks signage for profanity or libellous sayings.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Call me crazy, but this day and age, I'd welcome security checks more often in Canada. As you mentioned, you can pretty much just waltz into a sens game with whatever you want.

Hypothetical here...but lots of sens/leafs fans get into fisticuffs....lets say one of them is crazy enough and brings a knife....what then?

What if it is a religious icon? Then you are violating their religious rights. Sarcasm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:I have been to select events in Canada in which security was tight. Most recently was being violated by a Wing Dang Doodle at Sound Academy who thought it was her right to stick her fingers inside my underwear.

I've been patted down at the Scotiabank Place for a concert. And security sometimes checks signage for profanity or libellous sayings.

Was she hot? Naughty

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Not at all.... hence my reaction to it lol.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:I don't know who that is, but it's not Jason alexander refuting his own argument.

Nope, it isn't. I didn't say that it was, merely that he posted the rebuttal.

See:

jason alexander ‏@IJasonAlexander
Robert Brown @GrumpyPundit http://www.grumpypundit.com/index.php/2012/07/22/we-wont-be-fooled-again-oh-hell-yes-we-will/ … … For those who care, this is a well researched, well spoken rebuttal to my tweet.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Oh, I didn't get that from your previous post. TipHat

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum