GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

WEBER SIGNS 14 YEAR OFFER SHEET WITH FLYERS!

+13
Flo The Action
Amnesia021
dennycrane
Ev
Hoags
Riprock
PTFlea
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
spader
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Might be a fair point but I'll still say that Giroux brings a lot more to the lineup than Spezza. Giroux is a guy you know will show up, Spezza you are still not sure what you get each night.

Point wise, sure, they will probably be close. Who do you want on your team each and every night though? Giroux and to me, INEC.

I'll agree with that, I thought he was talking about solely offense.

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

The Flyers are much better on paper then the Sens, I'm not even sure how someone could even argue that. Game is played on the ice though and a guy like McStache can go a long way towards making us one of the better teams in the conference.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

stempniaksen wrote:The Flyers are much better on paper then the Sens, I'm not even sure how someone could even argue that. Game is played on the ice though and a guy like McStache can go a long way towards making us one of the better teams in the conference.

I don't see it at all then. Where are the Flyers sooo much better than the Sens even on paper?

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:The Flyers are much better on paper then the Sens, I'm not even sure how someone could even argue that. Game is played on the ice though and a guy like McStache can go a long way towards making us one of the better teams in the conference.

I don't see it at all then. Where are the Flyers sooo much better than the Sens even on paper?

You're right, there's no quantifiable way of proving that, I'll re-phrase it.

In my opinion the Philadelphia Flyers are a much better and deeper team on paper then the Ottawa Senators.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Fair enough and I totally disagree. I think Ottawa's defense and goaltending is better than Philly's and I also believe the forwards are on par but Giroux is world class and can probably carry a team like that for a long stretch.

I think Ottawa is a better team than Philly right now.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Fair enough and I totally disagree. I think Ottawa's defense and goaltending is better than Philly's and I also believe the forwards are on par but Giroux is world class and can probably carry a team like that for a long stretch.

I think Ottawa is a better team than Philly right now.

Just for Dung and giggles I'll break it down player by player, mostly because I'm stuck at work with nothing better to do.

Claude Giroux > Jason Spezza
Scott Hartnell > Milan Michalek
Daniel Briere > Daniel Alfredsson
Brayden Schenn >= Kyle Turris
Sean Couturier > Zack Smith
Wayne Simmonds > Colin Greening
Jakob Voracek >= Jakob Silfverberg
Matt Read >= Guillaume Latendresse
Maxime Talbot < Christopher Neil
Eric Wellwood = JOB/Peter Regin
Ruslan Fedetenko = Erik Condra
Zac Rinaldo = Kaspar Daugavins

Kimmo Timmonen < Erik Karlsson
Braydon Coburn > Jared Cowen
Niklas Grossman >= Sergei Gonchar
Andrej MesZaros > Chris Phillips
Luke Schenn >= Marc Methot
MA Bourdon = Mike Lundin/Borocop
*Not even including Chris Pronger

Craig Anderson > Ilya BryZgalov
Ben Bishop/Lehner > Mike Leighton

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

stempniaksen wrote:

2 mins. for Blasphemy.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not sure I buy that the Sens are a better team than the Flyers, but I think they're well on the way. Give it a year or 2.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Speaking of the Flyers I'd love me some Jake Voracek. Seems much less likely now that they missed out on Weber.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

2 mins. for Blasphemy.

Pfft. Seriously, in what universe is Danny "Rodent Face" Briere (also known as The Cheapshot Artist) better than Alfie? Dammit!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, Diddle that. :crossarms:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

2 mins. for Blasphemy.

I'd say 5 and a game. Does the rulebook allow for referee's discretion for blasphemy?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sounds like Weber's agent has been saying he didn't want to go back to Nashville and was dead-set on going to Philly... didn't want to be part of the rebuild...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/07/25/poile_weber_react_to_comments/

Weber is of course saying that's not the case etc...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Paging Dr. Spin.... Dr. Spin

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He sounded pretty sincere that he wanted to stay in Nashville. The agent should probably shut his mouth immediately.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

2 mins. for Blasphemy.

I'd say 5 and a game. Does the rulebook allow for referee's discretion for blasphemy?

If Deputy Douchebag wasn't a Sens-hater it would be a lifetime suspension.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:Paging Dr. Spin.... Dr. Spin
Love this quote:

"I'm comfortable staying (in Nashville) for the rest of my career. I think I made that clear to the organization. We are trying to get a no-movement clause because we are committed to staying there … Now that this is over with, it's a place I can see myself for the rest of my career."

Yeah, asking for a NMC is ONLY because you want to stay there, not because you want to control where you go when the time comes.... Nash and Heatbag say hello...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Haha man, the contract is signed, what bargaining power do they have in the least? Might write something in there like he can't be sent down to the AHL or w/e... trades though? Hopefully they hang it over his agents head because that is who screwed up here in a big way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum