GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nash to LA!

+5
tim1_2
Riprock
PTFlea
Ev
shabbs
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Nash to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nash to LA! Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:46 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Raptors also SUCK, and I'm sure Nash would like another run at a championship before he is through. Plus, his family is in Phoenix, so he wants to be close to them. Toronto never had a shot.

17Nash to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nash to LA! Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:04 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Nash to the Raptors idea made for a nice but yeah, no reason for him to come here. And he wants a chance at a ring, not happening in Toronto for a long long time.

18Nash to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nash to LA! Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:26 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who will win a championship first...the Raptors or the Leafs.... I would actually pick the Leafs.

19Nash to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nash to LA! Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Raptors acquired someone and people seem excited. No idea who Lawdry or whoever is though.

20Nash to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nash to LA! Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:38 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:The Raptors acquired someone and people seem excited. No idea who Lawdry or whoever is though.

"Sources tell Yahoo Sports the Raptors have reached an agreement to acquire Kyle Lowry from the Houston Rockets for a package that includes a future lottery pick."

Future lottery pick? WTF? How does that work? Don't you have to suck to be in the lottery? What if (hold back the snickering please) the Raptors do well?

This is why no one gives a good goddamn about the NBA.

21Nash to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nash to LA! Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:The Raptors acquired someone and people seem excited. No idea who Lawdry or whoever is though.

"Sources tell Yahoo Sports the Raptors have reached an agreement to acquire Kyle Lowry from the Houston Rockets for a package that includes a future lottery pick."

Future lottery pick? WTF? How does that work? Don't you have to suck to be in the lottery? What if (hold back the snickering please) the Raptors do well?

I believe in the NBA you can trade your 1st round pick as a 'protected' or 'unprotected' pick. In this case the Raptors are making their 1st round pick 'unprotected' so if they end up in the lottery next year the rockets would still get the pick. If the raptors would have given the rockets a 'protected' 1st then, if they ended up in the lottery, they would have been able to keep that pick and the rockets would have received the following years 1st (unless they were in the lottery as well, in which case it would get pushed again).

22Nash to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nash to LA! Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:15 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Who will win a championship first...the Raptors or the Leafs.... I would actually pick the Leafs.

Raptors will relocate before the Leafs win a cup.

23Nash to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nash to LA! Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:24 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:Yeah, it gets very complicated but basically in order to play in Canada, there's a long list of criteria one has to satisfy, like being drafted by the team, and having invested enough time into the team and settled down in the city, being from the city or area, being a rookie never played in the NHL and signing as a UFA, or being overpaid.

Sarcasm

So basically because Steve Nash qualifies as a Superstar, the only way he would play in Canada is if i) the team was in BC (sorry Grizzlies), or ii) TO overpaid him.

Raptors offered him a 3 year $39M contract. He's 39 with chronic back problems. Can't get any more overpaid than that.

24Nash to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nash to LA! Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Amnesia021 wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I believe in the NBA you can trade your 1st round pick as a 'protected' or 'unprotected' pick. In this case the Raptors are making their 1st round pick 'unprotected' so if they end up in the lottery next year the rockets would still get the pick. If the raptors would have given the rockets a 'protected' 1st then, if they ended up in the lottery, they would have been able to keep that pick and the rockets would have received the following years 1st (unless they were in the lottery as well, in which case it would get pushed again).

That makes sense, thanks for the explanation. I suppose it's no different than a conditional pick in hockey. Still, some of basketball's CBA rules are not friendly for the fan to understand. Trade exemptions being one of them.

25Nash to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nash to LA! Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:39 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

shabbs wrote:Heh heh. No, not that Nash... looks like the other Nash is headed to LA... the basketball Nash... Steve Nash...

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8130840/sources-steve-nash-headed-los-angeles-lakers-sign-trade-deal

The Raptors were pushing hard for this, and even offer-sheeted Landry Fields to help prevent the Knicks from going after Nash...

And now in comes LA to steal the show.

Raptors got Cussed large.

NoWayyyyy

I knew about the Nash sign-and-trade and you 100% got me!!

:boot: :help:

26Nash to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nash to LA! Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:41 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh heh.

Bazinga.

27Nash to LA! - Page 2 Empty Re: Nash to LA! Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:44 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

hemlock wrote:

Well, no...No one around HERE gives a good goddamn about the NBA. I just can't get into basketball.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum