GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nash re-signs with Columbus

+3
PTFlea
davetherave
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Nash re-signs with Columbus Empty Nash re-signs with Columbus Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:01 pm

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283635

Now we wont have to hear a peep about Nash being traded, looking to sign elsewhere, so on. It's done, he is there for the next 9 years!

2Nash re-signs with Columbus Empty Re: Nash re-signs with Columbus Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, that's quite a cap hit. $7.8M, now that would be $6M for the PPG, and $1.8M for intangibles? I'm sorry, I like Nash, but I don't think anyone's worth nearly $8M with the cap slowing way down (watch it go down next year).

3Nash re-signs with Columbus Empty Re: Nash re-signs with Columbus Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:11 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Wow, that's quite a cap hit. $7.8M, now that would be $6M for the PPG, and $1.8M for intangibles? I'm sorry, I like Nash, but I don't think anyone's worth nearly $8M with the cap slowing way down (watch it go down next year).

Nash is the Jackets' most important player. Market value IMHO.

...and who says the cap is going down?

4Nash re-signs with Columbus Empty Re: Nash re-signs with Columbus Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Really like this deal. He's not Crosby or Malkin or Ovechkin, but he's right there in the rest of the best. When this deal is done he's 33, that's just amazing. He'll go through the very best years of his career there.

Lovely work.

5Nash re-signs with Columbus Empty Re: Nash re-signs with Columbus Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:Wow, that's quite a cap hit. $7.8M, now that would be $6M for the PPG, and $1.8M for intangibles? I'm sorry, I like Nash, but I don't think anyone's worth nearly $8M with the cap slowing way down (watch it go down next year).

Nash is the Jackets' most important player. Market value IMHO.

...and who says the cap is going down?

Well, I say it, obviously.

6Nash re-signs with Columbus Empty Re: Nash re-signs with Columbus Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, the cap's going down. There's no doubt about it.

7Nash re-signs with Columbus Empty Re: Nash re-signs with Columbus Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:33 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

It's alot of money but they had to sign him.... Columbus is finally going in the rigth direction an losing Nash would of screwed that all up.

8Nash re-signs with Columbus Empty Re: Nash re-signs with Columbus Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He could have taken a home-town discount. At the end of this deal he'll still have 3-5 years left, with at least 2-3 at a high-end salary.

9Nash re-signs with Columbus Empty Re: Nash re-signs with Columbus Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:47 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Excellent.

10Nash re-signs with Columbus Empty Re: Nash re-signs with Columbus Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:27 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Oh, the cap's going down. There's no doubt about it.

You mean when Prager replaces Bettman as Commish? Wink

11Nash re-signs with Columbus Empty Re: Nash re-signs with Columbus Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Excellent.

My sentiments exactly. And now the Leafs can't have him and that makes me even more happy.

12Nash re-signs with Columbus Empty Re: Nash re-signs with Columbus Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:

So I take it I have your vote.

13Nash re-signs with Columbus Empty Re: Nash re-signs with Columbus Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:11 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:

So I take it I have your vote.

Prager, based on everything you have shown the Members of GM Hockey Fourm, there is every reason to believe you will be a *TERRIFIC* NHL Commissioner.

14Nash re-signs with Columbus Empty Re: Nash re-signs with Columbus Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:13 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

My sentiments exactly. And now the Leafs can't have him and that makes me even more happy.

That was my reason in the first place. :^^^^:

I suppose they can always hold out hope for a trade. Sarcasm

EDIT: Brian Burke press conference: "I want Rick Nash" Wink

15Nash re-signs with Columbus Empty Re: Nash re-signs with Columbus Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

That was my reason in the first place. :^^^^:

I suppose they can always hold out hope for a trade. Sarcasm

Yeah, somewhere in that 8 years, they might have a chance. :^^^^: Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum