GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Awards

+10
sandysensfan
wprager
shabbs
stempniaksen
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Hoags
tim1_2
dennycrane
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

76NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:28 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

HF boards have to be the dumbest group of people ever. This site is good for conversation that is somewhat realistic.

77NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:48 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:HF boards have to be the dumbest group of people ever. This site is good for conversation that is somewhat realistic.

Source?

78NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:03 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

My balls.

Seriously. Some dude saying Karlsson is better than Bobby Orr...? Really. Orr changed the game, more so thna Howe, Gretzky, or whoever else. Only person that MIGHT be comparable in terms of their effect on the game is Patrick Roy, he redefined the goaltending postion.

I love Karlsson as much as anyone but he's no where near guys like Coffey, Lidstrom, Orr, Bourque at this point. 10 years of being the best in the game or top 3 and we'll talk.

People saying Weber deserved it and was robbed, if anyone is robed it was Suter. Weber isn't even the best D man on his team and a lot people would agree with that. Suter covers up for a lot of Weber's warts and if you watch some games look at who's corner they dump the puck into, who they pressure, and who they want to handle the puck.

79NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:15 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, save those comparisons for much later... when careers are well established... the only comparison now is that he's the youngest to win the Norris since Orr. Naturally, people read that as comparing their skill set or impact on the game, which it isn't. It's just an interesting stat.

80NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:17 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:People saying Weber deserved it and was robbed, if anyone is robed it was Suter. Weber isn't even the best D man on his team and a lot people would agree with that. Suter covers up for a lot of Weber's warts and if you watch some games look at who's corner they dump the puck into, who they pressure, and who they want to handle the puck.

My sources tell me that Suter wants to sign in Ottawa to have an "opportunity to play with the best." What a kick in the nuts to Weber.

81NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:22 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:People saying Weber deserved it and was robbed, if anyone is robed it was Suter. Weber isn't even the best D man on his team and a lot people would agree with that. Suter covers up for a lot of Weber's warts and if you watch some games look at who's corner they dump the puck into, who they pressure, and who they want to handle the puck.

My sources tell me that Suter wants to sign in Ottawa to have an "opportunity to play with the best." What a kick in the nuts to Weber.

Suter could finally have a decent D partner. Laugh1

82NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Wow. The anger/hatred/jealousy on hfboards is unbelievable. Not sure how it spiraled out of control into an Orr vs Karlsson debate, cuz there's no way that conversation should be happening in the first place outside of solely the age comparison.

Facepalm

I went over there last night and was 100% disgusted. That's just not my scene personally, hate some of the 'fans' that post there.

83NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:59 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

how about that erin andrews?? Naughty At least we got to see her in that awful show. You an tell that the writers Cussed up big time and the presenters knew their jokes would fall flat. Andrews said 'thank you for laughing'.

3 decent segments:

1) Arnett impressions of shanahan
2) Erin Andrews
3) Tracy Morgan piece

Beyond that, they gotta improve the production value of this show. Even being in Vegas didn't do anything to improve the atmosphere. The speeches by players (including karlsson) were awful.

Worst way to start the show: Matthew Perry. I think that was the worst part of the entire show, AND he gave the award to karlsson Facepalm

84NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:23 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

The hfboards hate is disgusting, stupidity from all sides.

I'm pretty sure all the haters would be defending Karlsson if he was on their team.

85NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:14 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nice vid by the Sens... love the track... "How you like me now" by The Heavy. Perfect.

Suck it.

86NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:19 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Speaking of "suck it" I wonder if anyone would like to see young Scott Hartnell join the mighty Senatores?

87NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

better get a prenup EK

88NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:06 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:better get a prenup EK

Fortunately Melnyk is more than qualified to advise him on that.

89NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:better get a prenup EK

Fortunately Melnyk is more than qualified to advise him on that.

Burn.

90NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:20 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NHL Awards  - Page 6 Karlss11

91NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:24 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Perfect.

92NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:29 pm

shabbs wrote:NHL Awards  - Page 6 Karlss11

Only the Nashville fanboys who don't realize that playing on a better team, with an equally good partner, is going to make most players look better than they are.

93NHL Awards  - Page 6 Empty Re: NHL Awards Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:NHL Awards  - Page 6 Karlss11

Based on the so-called "Inter net" lots of people "r" mad. Beer

Sucks to be them for at least 7 years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum: