GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Awards

+10
sandysensfan
wprager
shabbs
stempniaksen
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Hoags
tim1_2
dennycrane
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1NHL Awards  Empty NHL Awards Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

These awards really don't mean that much, but we might as well speculate on a couple of them, especially with the Sens being involved in 2 big ones.

Anyone have any opinions on who will win?

Here are mine:

Jack Adams:

Nominees: Ken Hitchcock, John Tortorella, Paul MacLean

My opinion: Hitchcock wins.

Norris Trophy:

Nominees: Zdeno Chara, Erik Karlsson, Shea Weber

My opinion: Erik Karlsson wins.

Hart Trophy:

Nominees: Steven Stamkos, Henrik Lundqvist, Evgeny Malkin

My opinion: Malkin wins.

Vezina Trophy:

Nominees: Jonathan Quick, Henrik Lundqvist, Pekka Rinne

My opinion: Lundqvist wins

Calder Trophy:

Nominees: Adam Henrique, Gabriel Landeskog, Ryan-Nugent Hopkins

My opinion: RNH wins

2NHL Awards  Empty Re: NHL Awards Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:53 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Hitchcock
Weber
Malkin
Quick
Landeskog

Pacioretty

3NHL Awards  Empty Re: NHL Awards Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I didn't bother putting in the Masterson, but I agree with Pacioretty.

4NHL Awards  Empty Re: NHL Awards Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:56 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I agree with all of SpezD's selections. That was no fun.

5NHL Awards  Empty Re: NHL Awards Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I didn't bother putting in the Masterson, but I agree with Pacioretty.

Maybe I'm a Sens homer but I think Alfie should win it. Wasn't Pacioretty in a movie theater days after the hit ? Was his career really in danger ?

Alfie almost hung them up, couldn't walk, couldn't play with his kids. Plus with his retirement looming they might want to give him one piece of hardware before he hangs them up for good.

And sadly I don't think EK will win it. Too much negativity about him (he doesn't play defence or PK !!) and since we're a small market team, most of the journalists voting haven't seen him play.

Last edited by Hoags on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

6NHL Awards  Empty Re: NHL Awards Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Weber takes the Norris

7NHL Awards  Empty Re: NHL Awards Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I still can't see the NHL - at this specific time - not giving the Norris to a guy who outscored 95% of forwards. We'll see though...

8NHL Awards  Empty Re: NHL Awards Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I still can't see the NHL - at this specific time - not giving the Norris to a guy who outscored 95% of forwards. We'll see though...

Norris is a reputation based award. People voted for Lidstrom because he was Lidstrom not because they saw him play.

EK doesn't have a good reputation(yet), too much stigma and we're a small market (hell even Garrioch in our own city would not vote for him).

Green didn't win either.

9NHL Awards  Empty Re: NHL Awards Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I still can't see the NHL - at this specific time - not giving the Norris to a guy who outscored 95% of forwards. We'll see though...

The NHL doesn't give out the awards.

10NHL Awards  Empty Re: NHL Awards Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:

Norris is a reputation based award. People voted for Lidstrom because he was Lidstrom not because they saw him play.

EK doesn't have a good reputation(yet), too much stigma and we're a small market (hell even Garrioch in our own city would not vote for him).

Green didn't win either.

He's better than Green though, I don't like that comparison. Green couldn't transition the puck with the elite level speed Karlsson could. He scored a ton of goals and points, but I think these voters know there's more to it than just that. Plus, I find Karlsson's D zone play better than Green's as well.

Weber would be worthy, so would Chara, but I think Karlsson might get it. Although I wouldn't bet on it.

11NHL Awards  Empty Re: NHL Awards Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
He's better than Green though, I don't like that comparison. Green couldn't transition the puck with the elite level speed Karlsson could. He scored a ton of goals and points, but I think these voters know there's more to it than just that. Plus, I find Karlsson's D zone play better than Green's as well.

Weber would be worthy, so would Chara, but I think Karlsson might get it. Although I wouldn't bet on it.

Of course EK is better, I just don't think the people voting know that, most of them probably haven't even seen Karlsson play.

12NHL Awards  Empty Re: NHL Awards Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Of course EK is better, I just don't think the people voting know that, most of them probably haven't even seen Karlsson play.

It's usually the incumbent that wins or, if they had an off year, it's the guy who's "turn" it is to win.

13NHL Awards  Empty Re: NHL Awards Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:46 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
It's usually the incumbent that wins or, if they had an off year, it's the guy who's "turn" it is to win.

Yep.

EK should be annual finalist from now on, as word gets around I think he will eventually win it (not just for that year but for all the other years he should have won it). That's just how it is.

14NHL Awards  Empty Re: NHL Awards Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:06 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

They'll rob Karlsson, but they will give Alfie the Masterson even if he probably doesn't deserve it) so karma will even it all out (but not really since no one gives a Dung about the masterson).

15NHL Awards  Empty Re: NHL Awards Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Come on man, we all know how this works. It's all rep based. I'll be shocked if Karlsson gets it. Very happy, but shocked.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum