GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL 13

+8
The Silfer Server
sens4win
Ev
Hoags
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Riprock
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:49 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah it looks like there will be more parity between overalls. I hope that certain players actually have ratings that reflect them. Like Crosby's speed is 91, so I'd hope guys like Hagelin and Greening (or Lisin) have 99, for example.

One of the most controversial ratings was potential. First off, sometimes you get a guy with c, c-, c- and all of a sudden the year after he is a, b, a, then a year later b,c,b... etc.

Obviously some players are naturally going to be better than others, but sometimes a guy has a breakout year. So I'd almost like to see them abolish potential and have ratings reflect performance. The obvios problem is that if you control your tram and play all 82 games, you could potentially have a 60 overall rookie score 50 goals and 100 points, which would significantly raise his attribute ratings and value, which you could capitalize off of via trade, and its also unrealistic. But the other side argues that it is dumb to draft a guy first overall only for him to be a 73 overall with a C,C,C rating.

Re: rookies, Silfverberg was in the game at launch last year, found in Brynas of the SEL. Zibanejad wasn't, but was added later in an update.

Oddly enough, Justin Schultz is actually going to be in the game, with his likeness, despite the NHLPAs policy that a player must play one NHL game to be in the PA.

Anyone in the CHL will be in the game. No new leagues were added. Soem guys in the KHL can be found on the Russian National team. Same with other players and their respective Nat'l teams.

Re: Filatov's rebound rating? Is that a thing?

17NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:01 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote: Re: Filatov's rebound rating? Is that a thing?

He was making a joke.

Anyway, rating problems have always been a part of the NHL series, and I always love them, despite the flaws.

The GM Connected mode sounds interesting, coupled with the smartphone app (hopefully available for iPad/iPod/iPhone) that lets you propose trades and stuff even when not on your console.

18NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, I'll be doing one of those with friends.

19NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:18 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Riprock wrote:Yeah, I'll be doing one of those with friends.
I better have an invite waiting in my inbox on september 11th, on the dot !

20NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Oh yeah, add me on FB, we got a group going on there.

21NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:51 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Demo is out. Downloaded it this morning. Beat each playable mode (HUT, Play Now, NHL moments).

22NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:29 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Riprock wrote:Yeah it looks like there will be more parity between overalls. I hope that certain players actually have ratings that reflect them. Like Crosby's speed is 91, so I'd hope guys like Hagelin and Greening (or Lisin) have 99, for example.

One of the most controversial ratings was potential. First off, sometimes you get a guy with c, c-, c- and all of a sudden the year after he is a, b, a, then a year later b,c,b... etc.

Obviously some players are naturally going to be better than others, but sometimes a guy has a breakout year. So I'd almost like to see them abolish potential and have ratings reflect performance. The obvios problem is that if you control your tram and play all 82 games, you could potentially have a 60 overall rookie score 50 goals and 100 points, which would significantly raise his attribute ratings and value, which you could capitalize off of via trade, and its also unrealistic. But the other side argues that it is dumb to draft a guy first overall only for him to be a 73 overall with a C,C,C rating.

Re: rookies, Silfverberg was in the game at launch last year, found in Brynas of the SEL. Zibanejad wasn't, but was added later in an update.

Oddly enough, Justin Schultz is actually going to be in the game, with his likeness, despite the NHLPAs policy that a player must play one NHL game to be in the PA.

Anyone in the CHL will be in the game. No new leagues were added. Soem guys in the KHL can be found on the Russian National team. Same with other players and their respective Nat'l teams.

Re: Filatov's rebound rating? Is that a thing?

Are you sure they won't add him in later like they normally do? According to Edmonton's ratings from puck daddy he's not listed. Maybe you were mistaken with Nick Schultz?

23NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So will you need to get a special code from Bettman once the Lock-Out is over in order to be able to play the game? Vertigo

- Unknown Author

24NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

And oh my goodness, they rated Antoine Vermette a 73! Take into account that John Mitchell is a 74. I really hope Vermette's rating is a typo.

25NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Karlsson is 86 but Phaneuf is rated 88 Facepalm

challenged is what it is. Even Spezza being 87 relative to Karlsson doesn't make sense.

26NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:So will you need to get a special code from Bettman once the Lock-Out is over in order to be able to play the game? Vertigo

You can play it until September 15.

27NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

another garbage product by EA. Diddle them

28NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:14 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:Karlsson is 86 but Phaneuf is rated 88 Facepalm

challenged is what it is. Even Spezza being 87 relative to Karlsson doesn't make sense.

Boycott that shiznit!!!

29NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:37 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Everyone who is freaking out about the ratings needs to calm down for a second. The ratings in nhl don't really mean that much, its individual ratings. Also as for phaneuf being rated higher than Karlsson thats no surprise. If you have ever played be a pro you would know a defensive dman's ratings are higher then an offensive dman's. You can't compare them.

30NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sens4win wrote:Everyone who is freaking out about the ratings needs to calm down for a second. The ratings in nhl don't really mean that much, its individual ratings. Also as for phaneuf being rated higher than Karlsson thats no surprise. If you have ever played be a pro you would know a defensive dman's ratings are higher then an offensive dman's. You can't compare them.

Yes you can compare them, since they changed all the ratings this year and are going by a players overall skill rather than what type of player they are. Enforcers are so low now.

31NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:40 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
sens4win wrote:Everyone who is freaking out about the ratings needs to calm down for a second. The ratings in nhl don't really mean that much, its individual ratings. Also as for phaneuf being rated higher than Karlsson thats no surprise. If you have ever played be a pro you would know a defensive dman's ratings are higher then an offensive dman's. You can't compare them.

Yes you can compare them, since they changed all the ratings this year and are going by a players overall skill rather than what type of player they are. Enforcers are so low now.
I really don't think its that big of a deal. Karlsson probably has such low ratings because of his sub par defence. Again don't look into them that much.

Also the potential is what probably will set them apart.

32NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I personally couldn't care about ratings, I only play online anyway.

33NHL 13 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 13 Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:58 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:I personally couldn't care about ratings, I only play online anyway.
Nod

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum