GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rundblad Jersey

+3
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Jordo
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rundblad Jersey Empty Rundblad Jersey Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:39 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Hey guys,
Before the season started, when the new heritage jerseys were released, I got all on board and ordered a Rundblad jersey. It looked great when I got it, and was proud to wear it to the games.

Since he was traded for Turris, it has just been collecting dust. I have 5 other jerseys, so this one has taken a back seat. That being said, I'd like to revive it if I can. I'd be open to getting Turris on the back, but I was wondering if any of you had experience in removing stitching?

Mine is prostitched, which I heard is easier to take off than a stamped on name plate, but I'm still not certain how to do it.

Wondering if anybody's done this before and can give any tips. I might also call the Sens Store and see if they could give me a price on just doing this operation for me. (I'm a season ticket holder, and usually they're pretty good about stuff like that)

2Rundblad Jersey Empty Re: Rundblad Jersey Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:45 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Is there a tailor near you? I'm sure they could remove it pretty quickly without damaging the jersey.

3Rundblad Jersey Empty Re: Rundblad Jersey Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:45 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd snip every stitch I possibly could instead of skipping a few and pulling more thread. Not sure what you'd end up with but you could always go to the name plate to cover up if it was that bad.

4Rundblad Jersey Empty Re: Rundblad Jersey Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:02 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I will buy it from you for $20. Alternatively, as SSF said, you could always get it covered up with a nameplate, but getting "TURRIS" over "RUNDBLAD" might be slightly problematic since Rundblad is two letters longer.

Good luck! I almost got a heritage Geening #52 (or whatever number he was) jersey before he switched to 14. I went with Cowen instead.

5Rundblad Jersey Empty Re: Rundblad Jersey Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A tailor would do it near perfectly. As mentioned each and every stitch needs to be snipped.

6Rundblad Jersey Empty Re: Rundblad Jersey Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just get a new nameplate with "TURRRRRRIS" and sew it on top of the other one.

P.S. I threw in a couple extra 'R's just to be sure it covered all of Rundblad.

P.P.S. The only safe named jersey for the Sens is #11. Let this be a lesson to you.

7Rundblad Jersey Empty Re: Rundblad Jersey Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:17 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:Just get a new nameplate with "TURRRRRRIS" and sew it on top of the other one.

P.S. I threw in a couple extra 'R's just to be sure it covered all of Rundblad.

P.P.S. The only safe named jersey for the Sens is #11. Let this be a lesson to you.

Thanks for the help guys.

And to this point- you're absolutely right. I loved the way the 7 looked on that jersey though, so classic looking.

8Rundblad Jersey Empty Re: Rundblad Jersey Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:15 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Hey guys,
Just as an update. Took it to the Sens Store and they removed Rundblad, threw on Turris (Pro stitched), and did it all for $45. That included a season ticket holder discount, but still worth it.

Proud to announce that this will be the first game I can proudly rock my Turris vintage jersey.

SWEET.

9Rundblad Jersey Empty Re: Rundblad Jersey Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:42 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice. $45 seems pretty reasonable (considering it's the Sens Store).

Good timing too, given his recent surge.

10Rundblad Jersey Empty Re: Rundblad Jersey Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:01 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jordo wrote:Hey guys,
Just as an update. Took it to the Sens Store and they removed Rundblad, threw on Turris (Pro stitched), and did it all for $45. That included a season ticket holder discount, but still worth it.

Proud to announce that this will be the first game I can proudly rock my Turris vintage jersey.

SWEET.
Sweet indeed.

11Rundblad Jersey Empty Re: Rundblad Jersey Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

After what Columbus did for fans who bought Carter jerseys, it is hard to beat that.

I think all teams should start doing something like that - if you buy a jersey and the player is traded in a manner like Heatley was (or Carter), you should get a new name if and when another player uses that jersey #. And if a player changes his number for any reason, you should get a free # change.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum