GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW SCOREBOARD GDT: Montreal @ Ottawa , 7:30PM, Tuesday, December 27, 2011

+11
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Hoags
Jordo
LethalLehner
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Hobiesens
wprager
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

New Coke was introduced in 1985!!! Wow. It's nothing but an urban legend for some of you kidlettes. Facepalm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flames up next. They played a SO game last night at home, then they play on Long Island Thursday night, before coming up to Ottawa for the Friday game. Three games in 4 nights should be a winnable game for us. Let's hope no-one gets injured at the skills competition.

Vandelay

Sophomore
Sophomore

Was at the game. Never been so annyoed with a loss. It's really tough listening to habs fans all around you...I was sure we were gonna destroy them after our early goal, knowing how low on confidence they were.
Thoughts on the game:
Philly was definitely missed...we were horrible in our own end- espeially Karlsson and Cowen. Lee was probably our best defenceman. Andy should not have been on the ice to start the second...was really surprised Maclean left him in. Spezza was probably our best forward so that's encouraging.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:We'll see how they respond to this next game. Forget about this, move on.

I'd love to, but Anderson has been very spotty. Plays great the game before Christmas and steals us a point, then lays an egg(nog) the next game. It's been like that the whole season. Perhaps with the minor eye surgery we should have expected more than a 1-2 day recovery period. Not sure why they didn't just play Auld (his former team, after all).

Lehner is out with an UBI, by the way. Has been out for quite a while as McKenna has started five straight. And he's not expected back until the weekend at the earliest. It's not a concussion, is it?

Man, I hope it's not a concussion. I was gonna ask Joy, but maybe I'll just google it. Anderson has been very inconsistent and annoying this year. Really not pleased with him to be honest. He was to come in here and at LEAST stabilize the net, instead he's done anything but. Don't let the Ws fool anyone either, he's got a lot of those because the Sens have scored a lot of goals.

Expect way more out of him, starting...now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson is showing his true colours.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:Anderson is showing his true colours.

The worst part is that McGuire said the contract was too much for too long, after too little. I hate it when it even appears that he was correct in his assessment of a Sens goalie.

Can someone fashion a reasonable argument as to why Bobby Butler is in the lineup?

I can't for the life of me wonder how this team could think so highly of Butler and essentially send Filatov away to keep Butler. And don't give me any Dung about one way contracts please. That's a joke argument. If this team is serious about winning, then eating a one way deal is sometimes necessary.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

hemlock wrote:Can someone fashion a reasonable argument as to why Bobby Butler is in the lineup?

I can't for the life of me wonder how this team could think so highly of Butler and essentially send Filatov away to keep Butler. And don't give me any Dung about one way contracts please. That's a joke argument. If this team is serious about winning, then eating a one way deal is sometimes necessary.

Butler gets scoring chances and has done something (little as it is) offensivly. He's hit a ton of posts this year and all in all, was a lot more effective on the 4th line than Filatov. Not saying Butler shouldn't be a healthy scratch when the team is totally healthy but Filatov dumped the puck into the corner the first game of the year and Spezza and Michalek went to work... that was the highlight of his year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You've made an argument of Butler over Filatov, but not Butler in the lineup. Konopka has more goals, wins faceoffs and fights, yet he's been out of the lineup for Butler on a few occasions.

All that said, Butler had 5 shots on goal last night. I know, that's not telling the whole story, but I only got to watch the start of the second before I turned it off in disgust. Also, Phillips was the only scratch last night. Regin and Winchester are both on the IR. I suppose if Phillips played they could have put Lee or Carkner in as a forward and sat Butler, but fact of the matter is they had no one else without calling someone up.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:New Coke was introduced in 1985!!! Wow. It's nothing but an urban legend for some of you kidlettes. Facepalm

Didn't they invent Coca Cola Classic around the same time?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:You've made an argument of Butler over Filatov, but not Butler in the lineup. Konopka has more goals, wins faceoffs and fights, yet he's been out of the lineup for Butler on a few occasions.

All that said, Butler had 5 shots on goal last night. I know, that's not telling the whole story, but I only got to watch the start of the second before I turned it off in disgust. Also, Phillips was the only scratch last night. Regin and Winchester are both on the IR. I suppose if Phillips played they could have put Lee or Carkner in as a forward and sat Butler, but fact of the matter is they had no one else without calling someone up.

MacLean says that Butler works hard... which implies that Filatov didn't (as much at least anyway).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My only big hope is that Anderson can go on a run. Not like last year, but a nice, solid run where he puts up .915-.920 each night. He can do it, we've all seen it with Colorado and Florida, can we get Andy back please?

PS - is it because his wife gave birth this summer? Perhaps he didn't have as much time to put in the training, perhaps it messed with him mentally. I dunno, kinda grasping at straws at this point.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PS - is it because his wife gave birth this summer? Perhaps he didn't have as much time to put in the training, perhaps it messed with him mentally. I dunno, kinda grasping at straws at this point.

He was doing auto racing this summer and I remember one line from the article on the Sens website how he had to "unlearn" his fast reflexes in order to be able to race effectively. I guess he didn't learn them back ? Laugh1

He's not the same goalie as last year, he plays deep in his net, rarely challenges shooters, hasn't made those great desperation saves he was known for and I haven't seen him communicating with the defense as he did last year. All the things that impressed me last year are largely absent. It must be a confidence/motivation thing, he's not "in it".

Our defense is pretty bad as well, so it's not like our goalies get a lot of help.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:New Coke was introduced in 1985!!! Wow. It's nothing but an urban legend for some of you kidlettes. Facepalm

Indeed they did. Switched the original cane sugar high fructose corn syrop and called it Classic.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Indeed they did. Switched the original cane sugar to high fructose corn syrop and called it Classic.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

He was doing auto racing this summer and I remember one line from the article on the Sens website how he had to "unlearn" his fast reflexes in order to be able to race effectively. I guess he didn't learn them back ? Laugh1

He's not the same goalie as last year, he plays deep in his net, rarely challenges shooters, hasn't made those great desperation saves he was known for and I haven't seen him communicating with the defense as he did last year. All the things that impressed me last year are largely absent. It must be a confidence/motivation thing, he's not "in it".

Our defense is pretty bad as well, so it's not like our goalies get a lot of help.

Our D isn't great, but it's certainly improving, where Anderson is not. Hopefully he can put it back together, because we obviously need him.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:Can someone fashion a reasonable argument as to why Bobby Butler is in the lineup?

Probably because Butler didn't ask to go to Russia after being sent to Bingo.

NEELY wrote:

Butler gets scoring chances and has done something (little as it is) offensivly. He's hit a ton of posts this year and all in all, was a lot more effective on the 4th line than Filatov. Not saying Butler shouldn't be a healthy scratch when the team is totally healthy but Filatov dumped the puck into the corner the first game of the year and Spezza and Michalek went to work... that was the highlight of his year.

Filatov was probably a bad example. How about Da Costa then? I'm just tired of seeing the free ride Butler gets. I want to believe it's a sophomore jinx, but man, he's got to work harder. That Cammallerri goal last night he coasted back and watched as Cammalleri banged in a rebound literally untouched. He's got to give more of a damn. Is he this years Regin?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum