GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leafs beat Detroit 3-2 in season opener

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Leafs beat Detroit 3-2 in season opener Empty Leafs beat Detroit 3-2 in season opener Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:49 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The home crowd didn't like that too much... but I'm sure the Stanley Cup banner hanging above the rafters made them feel a bit better.

Impressive start by the Leafs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Unbeleafable.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I only caught the VERY end of the game. Not sure if this was more of a case of Detroit playing like crap or the Leafs actually playing well. I'll have to check out the highlights...

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Funniest thing is that Don Cherry was saying that the TML were going to make the playoffs. He knew what he was talking about when he said they were going to be alright when everybody else (including their management) looked down on them. "proof's in the pudding". Can you believe that a$$ hole ?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TheAvatar wrote:Funniest thing is that Don Cherry was saying that the TML were going to make the playoffs. He knew what he was talking about when he said they were going to be alright when everybody else (including their management) looked down on them. "proof's in the pudding". Can you believe that a$$ hole ?

Scary thing is, he could be right.

I don't relish having to face the Big Angry Red Machine after they lost to an AHL club. With a semi-injured Fisher. With Gerber in goal.

But kudos to the Leafs. They'll find a way to screw up a sure thing (Hedman/Tavares) yet.
Puking2

Last edited by wprager on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:Funniest thing is that Don Cherry was saying that the TML were going to make the playoffs. He knew what he was talking about when he said they were going to be alright when everybody else (including their management) looked down on them. "proof's in the pudding". Can you believe that a$$ hole ?

Well he actually said, they'd be knocking on the door, so he didn't really come out and say they'd make, just that they would be close... If last night is any indication, then yeah for sure they'll be making the playoffs.. They were all over Detroit last night for long periods... There were a few times when the leafs were in the Red Wings zone for 2-3 minutes at a time... It will take the sens to put them back in their place! LOL

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This sets up an interesting game on Saturday night when the Leafs host the Habs. If the Leafs win that game and start off 2-0... who knows...

Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum