GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped

+15
Riprock
Da lil Guy
dennycrane
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
stempniaksen
wprager
Flo The Action
spader
LeCaptain
Ev
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

76Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:22 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Ryan seems agreeable to the idea of a trade:

When asked if he would welcome a trade, Ryan said "in a perfect world, you get drafted and you stay with a team for your career and you win (Stanley) Cups," and added that he's not looking to be moved and wants to remain with the team.
"At the same time, it's the business side of things that all comes back to. If they feel like it's got to be the right move for the team, then I'd certainly welcome it.

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/ryan-329230-ducks-team.html

77Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:48 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Another 2 goals for Michalek. Sell high!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

78Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:07 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Toronto seems like the perfect fit. Burke drafted him, he loves American players, Wilson has coached him, and Toronto has the pieces to acquire him.

I wouldn`t think twice about trading Schenn, Kadri and a 2nd for him. Would make for a very deadly top-six and would be of minimal impact player-wise to the Leafs. Kadri seems to always be hurt and has proved nothing. Schenn is grossly overrated.

79Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:13 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Toronto seems like the perfect fit. Burke drafted him, he loves American players, Wilson has coached him, and Toronto has the pieces to acquire him.

I wouldn`t think twice about trading Schenn, Kadri and a 2nd for him. Would make for a very deadly top-six and would be of minimal impact player-wise to the Leafs. Kadri seems to always be hurt and has proved nothing. Schenn is grossly overrated.
Ha. I wouldn't think twice about that either. If he's worth his salary, Bob Murray would think twice about accepting that deal, though. Those players would have a minimal impact if they left T.O. because they aren't impact players. Ryan is.

EDIT: Just for the sake of comparison, Karlsson's point total for this season matches Luke "minimal impact" Schenn's best season total. Laugh1

80Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:13 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

If Murray trades with Burke again I'm gonna start to think Burke has some compromising pics. Lupul and Gardiner for Beauchemin? Laughing3

81Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKid wrote:If Murray trades with Burke again I'm gonna start to think Burke has some compromising pics. Lupul and Gardiner for Beauchemin? Laughing3

It was really Gardiner for Beauchemin though - which is probably bad enough. Lupul was the $$ evener, then he turned it around and made Murray look like the fool.

82Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ducks and Sabres are apparently in deep talks according to Chris Botta.

Probably centered around Miller + ___________ for Hiller + Ryan. That's my guess.

83Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:23 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Ducks and Sabres are apparently in deep talks according to Chris Botta.

Probably centered around Miller + ___________ for Hiller + Ryan. That's my guess.

and probably not. There's no chance in hell Buffalo is parting with Ryan Miller. That's such random speculation lol. This deal would have nothing to do with goalies.

84Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:24 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, we'll see if that actually happens.

85Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Ducks and Sabres are apparently in deep talks according to Chris Botta.

and probably not. There's no chance in hell Buffalo is parting with Ryan Miller. That's such random speculation lol. This deal would have nothing to do with goalies.

Obviously it's random speculation. Facepalm

Miller has gently hinted that he'd be open to a trade.

86Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:29 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

That would be fun. I love blockbuster deals. Dare to dream.

87Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is it odd timing that Miller is angrily refuting that he ever asked for a trade? More to come.

88Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:37 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Is it odd timing that Miller is angrily refuting that he ever asked for a trade? More to come.
Where are you getting that?

89Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:43 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

It's probably actually centred around Getzlaf + Ryan for Nathan Gerbe + ____

90Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Da lil Guy

Da lil Guy
Rookie
Rookie

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Will be a three way deal that sends Selanne back to Winnipeg. Developing....

91Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Is it odd timing that Miller is angrily refuting that he ever asked for a trade? More to come.
Where are you getting that?

No, I was kidding. It's odd timing, but I doubt they trade Miller.

92Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. Gag

93Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped - Page 6 Empty Re: Sportsnet: Bobby Ryan being shopped Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:25 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Miller is from Detroit. He would go there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum