GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day - Senators @ Sabres , 7:30PM, Friday, Movember 11, 2011

+11
SensHulk
cash
sandysensfan
Ev
spader
Da lil Guy
shabbs
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Sens @ Sabres - 11-11-11: Who wins?

Game Day - Senators @ Sabres , 7:30PM, Friday, Movember 11, 2011 - Page 7 Vote_lcap267%Game Day - Senators @ Sabres , 7:30PM, Friday, Movember 11, 2011 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 67% [ 4 ]
Game Day - Senators @ Sabres , 7:30PM, Friday, Movember 11, 2011 - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%Game Day - Senators @ Sabres , 7:30PM, Friday, Movember 11, 2011 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Game Day - Senators @ Sabres , 7:30PM, Friday, Movember 11, 2011 - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%Game Day - Senators @ Sabres , 7:30PM, Friday, Movember 11, 2011 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Game Day - Senators @ Sabres , 7:30PM, Friday, Movember 11, 2011 - Page 7 Vote_lcap217%Game Day - Senators @ Sabres , 7:30PM, Friday, Movember 11, 2011 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 1 ]
Game Day - Senators @ Sabres , 7:30PM, Friday, Movember 11, 2011 - Page 7 Vote_lcap216%Game Day - Senators @ Sabres , 7:30PM, Friday, Movember 11, 2011 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 16% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Peggy wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Peggy wrote:
NEELY wrote:Losers will be losers. 0 respect for that kind of attitude. It's really doing NYI well eh? Columbus, LOOK OUT! Florida, oh me oh my, 1o years without a playoff birth.

Yup, drafting the "best player possible" always works, haha. What a joke.

Yeah but if Ottawa actually tanked to draft 1st you would be saying that's "100% the right move by Murray".

See the nice thing about this comment is Murray would never do that nor would the better GM's in the league. So what's your point here? Don't think you actually had one.

It's funny because Murray kind of did that last year but we kept winning instead.

Kind of...but not exactly. He challenged Greening, Condra and Butler to come up and make and fight for their NHL lives + he also acquired a high level goalie - which went against the tank.

Did he?

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Those guys are good and all - but they aren't elite. How do you get elite players? Well you either draft them (which means winning the lottery) or in the rare occasion, sign one. But teams rarely let their stars go to free agency.

I challenge anyone to name someone on the Sens drafted in the last 10 years that compares to RNH, Hall, Tavares, Stamkos, Kane...

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Peggy wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Peggy wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Peggy wrote:
NEELY wrote:Losers will be losers. 0 respect for that kind of attitude. It's really doing NYI well eh? Columbus, LOOK OUT! Florida, oh me oh my, 1o years without a playoff birth.

Yeah but if Ottawa actually tanked to draft 1st you would be saying that's "100% the right move by Murray".

See the nice thing about this comment is Murray would never do that nor would the better GM's in the league. So what's your point here? Don't think you actually had one.

It's funny because Murray kind of did that last year but we kept winning instead.

Kind of...but not exactly. He challenged Greening, Condra and Butler to come up and make and fight for their NHL lives + he also acquired a high level goalie - which went against the tank.

Did he?

Ottawa... where high level goalies come to die.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Those guys are good and all - but they aren't elite. How do you get elite players? Well you either draft them (which means winning the lottery) or in the rare occasion, sign one. But teams rarely let their stars go to free agency.

I challenge anyone to name someone on the Sens drafted in the last 10 years that compares to RNH, Hall, Tavares, Stamkos, Kane...

how could we though? we were too busy winning

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Those guys are good and all - but they aren't elite. How do you get elite players? Well you either draft them (which means winning the lottery) or in the rare occasion, sign one. But teams rarely let their stars go to free agency.

Karlsson?

The problem is we have no 1st line Fs in the system, we have some nice 2nd liners and as many 3rd/4th liners as you could possibly ever need, but now the focus is on whether we have enough top line talent up front or not IMO.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And all that winning got us what? SCF? That was great and all... but then nothing after that but early exits. While Ottawa stayed the same other teams got better.

The teams that keep winning can attract players to sign there (Detroit) and the ones that couldn't attract players drafted their own stars.

Islanders, Blue Jackets have off-ice issues, let alone on ice. How can you attract players to sign with you when you don't sell tickets, have an owner, or your owner wants to sell and relocate team?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

So dumb I shouldn\t comment, but I will.

Perry, Getzlaf, Datsyuk, St.Louis, Alfi, Iginla, Lundqvist, B.Richards, M.richards, Giroux, Parise, Lindstrom, Karlsson, Letang, Weber, Suter, Timonen, etc, etc, etc. Argue if they are elite or very good players, not the point.

winning the lotto... no one coming into the NHL is gauranteed to be better than any of the guys I just mentioned. Since 95, these guys have been 1st overall picks. Berard, Phillips, Stefan, DiPietro, Fluery, Johnsson. That basically 33% of the 1st overall picks in the NHL over the last 15, 16 years being average to good players. None of those guys are "elite". So, basically what you are saying is losing as much as possible gives you a 66% chances of drafting an elite player vs where the majority of "elite" players come from.

Once again, stupid, faulty, and just play ignorant point of view because it's not based off anything that's actually factual.

Is having the first overall pick a good thing? Yes. it's a great thing. Does losing help the organization? Never.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Peggy wrote:

How about Stefan, Fluery, Johnson, Phillips, Berard, Daigle...

As for the Hall or Tavares, both nice players, haven't really done Richard all to this point. Karlsson is on the same level as Kane for sure.

Either way, keep thinking they way you are, i'll just keep calling you a loser. That's what you want to promote.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Karlsson?

The problem is we have no 1st line Fs in the system, we have some nice 2nd liners and as many 3rd/4th liners as you could possibly ever need, but now the focus is on whether we have enough top line talent up front or not IMO.

Lots of guys like Karlsson that were drafted in the later picks. But you're right we need a forward. Apparently Spezza can't cut it, Alfie will be gone sooner than later, Michalek is/has been inconsistent and unhealthy, and if he plays like he is now, he is a decent top line guy, but he's not that young. Zibanejad is an unproven prospect, same with Puempel, Silfverberg, Prince, Stone, Noesen.

Lots of similar guys on other teams that have done nothing (Nemisz, Tangradi, etc).

Edmonton has had two guys in 2 years that have made a huge impact.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Dash wrote:And all that winning got us what? SCF? That was great and all... but then nothing after that but early exits. While Ottawa stayed the same other teams got better.

The teams that keep winning can attract players to sign there (Detroit) and the ones that couldn't attract players drafted their own stars.

Islanders, Blue Jackets have off-ice issues, let alone on ice. How can you attract players to sign with you when you don't sell tickets, have an owner, or your owner wants to sell and relocate team?

It amazes me you can't see the connection between managment, owenship, and coaching to the on ice product. Haha, wow, just WOW.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Peggy wrote:

As for the Hall or Tavares, both nice players, haven't really done Richard all to this point. Karlsson is on the same level as Kane for sure.

Either way, keep thinking they way you are, i'll just keep calling you a loser. That's what you want to promote.

What? I'm not on the losing bandwagon. Diddle that Dung. Or are you talking to Dash?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Also, based on odds, the next 1st overall pick is due to be a dud. That;s what we are basing this on, right? Odds? The odds of drafting an elite players is with the 1st overall. Well, the odds are a bust is coming shortly.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Peggy wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Dash. My bad there. Sorry

What? I'm not on the losing bandwagon. Diddle that Dung. Or are you talking to Dash?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Peggy wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Peggy wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Did he?

Yes.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Lots of guys picked 5-10 or even 5-15 that don't amount to anything. And then you also get a Skinner.

For sure its a crapshoot, and you mention a lot of players that despite being #1 overall, are garbage.

Nobody is guaranteed anything, and yeah the odd guy(s) picked last sometimes are the best, but then you get a Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Stamkos, Toews, Kane, Backstrom, etc.

You got Tyler Seguin leading the Stanley Cup Champs in goals and points. Taylor Hall with 22 goals (42 pts) in 65 games due to injury. Nugent-Hopkins 2nd in team scoring and goals.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Karlsson?

Lots of guys like Karlsson that were drafted in the later picks. But you're right we need a forward. Apparently Spezza can't cut it, Alfie will be gone sooner than later, Michalek is/has been inconsistent and unhealthy, and if he plays like he is now, he is a decent top line guy, but he's not that young. Zibanejad is an unproven prospect, same with Puempel, Silfverberg, Prince, Stone, Noesen.

Lots of similar guys on other teams that have done nothing (Nemisz, Tangradi, etc).

Edmonton has had two guys in 2 years that have made a huge impact.

I'm not arguing that Edmonton got some pretty major players, but they don't 'even' have a Karlsson, let alone a Karlsson and a Rundblad, perhaps they have a Cowen, but the jury's still out. So they went at it from a different direction, forwards instead of D (and Lehner), I'm not sure they're in a better or worse position than we are, are you?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd also say that Karlsson is not just a 'nice pick with 15' kind of player, he has the potential to be the single best offensive D-man in the league, so the elite is right there, right?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Just for fun. Since 99

Atlanta - Stefan - bust and loser organization
NYI - Dipietr0 - bust and loser organization
Atlanta - Kovaulchuk - great player no long there because it's loser
Columbus - Nash - really good player soon to be gone because it's a loser
Pitts - Fluery - good goaltender, nothing you couldn't find in the next 300 picks, too mario taking over to turn organization around.
Washington- Ovechkin -ONLY example of a player turning a franchise around on his own.
Crosby would have done the same as Ovi. Pitt still won a lotto, nothing on ice had anything to do with it.

So on and on. chicago's owner had to die otherwise they would be the same loser organization they were for a decade too.

1st overall gaurantees NOTHING. you get that Dash? If you were any more wrong in your approch to things you would fall below loser.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum