GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Melnyk wants Sundin

+6
TheAvatar
KidKarlsson
jamvan
PTFlea
Cronie
shabbs
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Melnyk wants Sundin Empty Melnyk wants Sundin Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:07 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Apparently he told him face-to-face last week.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/10/09/sundin_senators/

Well, of course we'd want him. Who wouldn't?

2Melnyk wants Sundin Empty Re: Melnyk wants Sundin Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:25 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Exactly, but two things here:

1) Melnyk needs to remember that he's the OWNER, NOT the GM, so there's a time and a place for his involvement and I think he needs to learn or be told when to take a step back; however
2) it's kind of a good thing in a sense that the man with the $$ is telling a potential candidate that he will make it happen if he (Sundin) decides that Ottawa is his preferred destination.

Either way, as exciting as this news is, I need to remind myself NOT to get over-excited or allow my hopes to rise, because at the same time, it could all just be good PR...

3Melnyk wants Sundin Empty Re: Melnyk wants Sundin Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's the guys I 'want':

-Luongo
-Zetterberg
-Lidstrom
-Pronger
-Crosby
-Malkin
-Ovechkin
-any goalie who's actually really good

Maybe if I talk to them, they'll come and play here too!

4Melnyk wants Sundin Empty Re: Melnyk wants Sundin Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:54 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Exactly, but two things here:

1) Melnyk needs to remember that he's the OWNER, NOT the GM, so there's a time and a place for his involvement and I think he needs to learn or be told when to take a step back; however
2) it's kind of a good thing in a sense that the man with the $$ is telling a potential candidate that he will make it happen if he (Sundin) decides that Ottawa is his preferred destination.

Either way, as exciting as this news is, I need to remind myself NOT to get over-excited or allow my hopes to rise, because at the same time, it could all just be good PR...
I like the fact that Melnyk gets involved. It shows players that the organization on the whole are all on the same page. He and Murray have a great relationship anyhow, so it's no big deal. He's the guy paying all the bills, he can do whatever he wants. LOL!

5Melnyk wants Sundin Empty Re: Melnyk wants Sundin Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:56 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

good point Jam. I was just playing devil's advocate that some sticky situations can arise when someone pokes their nose into something others may feel he is not warranted...

6Melnyk wants Sundin Empty Re: Melnyk wants Sundin Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:04 am

KidKarlsson

KidKarlsson
Rookie
Rookie

who wouldnt want Sundin?? lol... Personally I think Sundin will eventually just retire, dragging out this soap opera for nothing, but still having Spezza and Heatley on a first line and Sundin and Alffie on a second line would be beautiful Smile

7Melnyk wants Sundin Empty Re: Melnyk wants Sundin Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:08 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think you're bang on Fish...
But still, as you mentioned, those two lines would be ROCK solid and fun as hell to watch in action!

8Melnyk wants Sundin Empty Re: Melnyk wants Sundin Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:12 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Fish12 wrote:who wouldnt want Sundin?? lol... Personally I think Sundin will eventually just retire, dragging out this soap opera for nothing, but still having Spezza and Heatley on a first line and Sundin and Alffie on a second line would be beautiful Smile
It's what dreams are made of...

9Melnyk wants Sundin Empty Re: Melnyk wants Sundin Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:20 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Doesn't hurt to dream ... never has Smile

10Melnyk wants Sundin Empty Re: Melnyk wants Sundin Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:09 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

We get Sundin (gotta work out the $$, though), and it may not matter if we let in a soft one here or there - we'll have added at least one or two per game just putting him beside Alfie.

11Melnyk wants Sundin Empty Re: Melnyk wants Sundin Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:24 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Acrobat wrote:We get Sundin (gotta work out the $$, though), and it may not matter if we let in a soft one here or there - we'll have added at least one or two per game just putting him beside Alfie.

that's an awesome point!

12Melnyk wants Sundin Empty Re: Melnyk wants Sundin Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:05 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Here's the guys I 'want':

-Luongo
-Zetterberg
-Lidstrom
-Pronger
-Crosby
-Malkin
-Ovechkin
-any goalie who's actually really good

Maybe if I talk to them, they'll come and play here too!

Don't forget Timmonen, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Zubov, Iginla, Phaneuf and Burns.

13Melnyk wants Sundin Empty Re: Melnyk wants Sundin Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:14 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

The difference is that all the others will cost more than just $$, whereas Sundin is still a UFA.

Yes, it's a fantasy, but outside of those which are inappropriate for the kids here ( Razz ), we can still talk about them, no?

14Melnyk wants Sundin Empty Re: Melnyk wants Sundin Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:47 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Acrobat wrote:We get Sundin (gotta work out the $$, though), and it may not matter if we let in a soft one here or there - we'll have added at least one or two per game just putting him beside Alfie.
Reminds me of the Oilers of the old days... they couldn't stop the puck very well but man they could put a crap load in the net so it was just a matter of scoring more than the other team.

Ahhhh... the good old days...

Wink

15Melnyk wants Sundin Empty Re: Melnyk wants Sundin Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:03 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
Reminds me of the Oilers of the old days... they couldn't stop the puck very well but man they could put a crap load in the net so it was just a matter of scoring more than the other team.

Ahhhh... the good old days...

Wink

LOL... Yeah in a way.. I wouldn't care if we won every game 9-6... You'd sure get your value for your dollars when you'd buy a ticket!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum