GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa

+6
Cronie
beerandsens
asq2
beedub
Number Twenty Nine
Phoenix30
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Empty Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:13 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

I guess no Sundin in Ottawa

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hockey/2008/12/14/7743486-sun.html

2Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Empty Re: Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:15 am

Not the least bit surprising considering Ottawa's play this year. I hope he sells his soul to the Rangers and they still fall apart, like they are on the way to doing.

This is better for the Sens long term anyway. It's time to rebuild and this reeks of a typical Leafs move of a few years ago, signing an overpriced vet to mask the fact that the team isn't competitive.

3Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Empty Re: Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:19 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

thank goodness!

4Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Empty Re: Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:21 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I hope he lands up in Vancouver

5Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Empty Re: Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:25 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Quelle surprise! Rolling Eyes

On to Forsberg, I suppose. :lol!:

Sundin Rumours. squirrel

6Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Empty Re: Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:38 am

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I am also pleased that this didn't happen.

7Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Empty Re: Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:38 am

asq2 wrote:Quelle surprise! Rolling Eyes

On to Forsberg, I suppose. :lol!:

Sundin Rumours. squirrel

Hasn't Forsberg had a setback with his foot. Again. I thought he's had another surgery on it. I could be wrong, who knows. I could be getting this confused with any one of the other foot surgeries he's had in the last few years.

8Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Empty Re: Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:15 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

FINALLY!! Maybe now he can be another team's headache...
I'm glad it's official, so maybe now the conspiracy theorists can take a rest... LOL

9Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Empty Re: Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:26 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:FINALLY!! Maybe now he can be another team's headache...
I'm glad it's official, so maybe now the conspiracy theorists can take a rest... LOL

I second that. I hope VAN gets him. He's precisely the kind of player they've been missing for so long.

10Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Empty Re: Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:28 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Lol. Sundin would have solved a whole lot of nothing in Ottawa. Guy's gonna be a bum for whatever team he goes to. I hope its the Rangers, there is no way they are getting out of the first round anyways.

11Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Empty Re: Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:13 pm

PKC wrote:Lol. Sundin would have solved a whole lot of nothing in Ottawa. Guy's gonna be a bum for whatever team he goes to. I hope its the Rangers, there is no way they are getting out of the first round anyways.

Assuming they make it. Their defence hasn't been anything to write home about, and even Lundqvist has looked downright awful at times. I'm going to really enjoy watching Sather try to work his way out of some of the awful contracts he's given out over the next few years. He's still riding the coattails of success he had in Edmonton 20+ years ago.

12Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Empty Re: Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:21 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock34 wrote:
PKC wrote:Lol. Sundin would have solved a whole lot of nothing in Ottawa. Guy's gonna be a bum for whatever team he goes to. I hope its the Rangers, there is no way they are getting out of the first round anyways.

Assuming they make it. Their defence hasn't been anything to write home about, and even Lundqvist has looked downright awful at times. I'm going to really enjoy watching Sather try to work his way out of some of the awful contracts he's given out over the next few years. He's still riding the coattails of success he had in Edmonton 20+ years ago.

I know we've been over this 1000 times, but, wow, I'm still baffled at the Redden deal. Seriously, what are they gonna do with that? You can't even start to think about a buyout for another 2 1/2 years...

13Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Empty Re: Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:25 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:

I know we've been over this 1000 times, but, wow, I'm still baffled at the Redden deal. Seriously, what are they gonna do with that? You can't even start to think about a buyout for another 2 1/2 years...

I've thought since the day he signed it, they'll be buying him out after year 3. It's just too much for too long otherwise. Even buying out 3 years really hurts their cap situation.

That deal is mind boggling. Did Sather not see Redden get run out of Ottawa on a rail? 6 x $6.5 is beyond ridiculous, when we wouldn't even do 1 x $6.5.

14Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Empty Re: Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:56 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:

IF they buy him out after this year:
Let's see ... 2/3 of the remaining $32.5M = almost $22M
Spread that over twice the remainder of the contract, that means ten years (!)
So the hit is $2.2M for each of the next ten years?
Talk about handcuffs...

15Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Empty Re: Its official - No Sundin to Ottawa Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:40 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:

IF they buy him out after this year:
Let's see ... 2/3 of the remaining $32.5M = almost $22M
Spread that over twice the remainder of the contract, that means ten years (!)
So the hit is $2.2M for each of the next ten years?
Talk about handcuffs...

Yea, I know, ridonkulous.

What they did with Rissmiller, too, was just shameful. Sign a guy, and then waive and demote him 1 month later, without giving him any real playing time to establish himself one way or the other? Wow.

While I like a couple of their off-season moves (snagging Zherdev on the cheap, for instance), the organization has, on the whole, acted in a manner only a bit less gong-show-esque than TB.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum