GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good Meszaros laugh

+4
asq2
PTFlea
PKC
jamvan
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Good Meszaros laugh - Page 3 Empty Re: Good Meszaros laugh Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:51 am

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:PS, I also agree with Asq that is was a very nice package for TB - I won't lie. But if you were to ask me if I'd undo that trade - the answer is no.

Maybe that's the long and the short of it for me.

I think it's too early to make a comment on the trade (although admittedly I've already made several), and we likely won't know who won for quite a while.

However, I think all these attacks on Meszaros are a tad unfair. I can perhaps understand Redden-abuse since he refused to waive his NTC numerous times and did not look like he was trying out there on the ice, but Meszaros was just a young player who wanted a long-term deal.
You are so wrong. MEszaros talks never got off the ground because of the money he wanted. He said before summer and I quote, I won't play for anything less than 3.5 at 3 years. If the deal is longer I want more. He never proved anything other than he could be respectable with a good parnter.

32Good Meszaros laugh - Page 3 Empty Re: Good Meszaros laugh Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:06 am

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
Depending on how this team and Kuba does this season Kuba could become a commodity at the trade deadline. I suspect if any of our youngsters can step it up we could probably get a pick and prospect for Kuba. If that were the case we would become the winners in the Mez trade.

The rub there is, we probably will be in the hunt at the deadline and Kuba might be a might attractive rental, but Murray might not want to pull the trigger. Tough situation with Kuba, but at least we have him this year - and by all accounts Picard's gonna be a player for sure and the 1st round never hurts.

I think if the right deal came along I Murray isnt scared to pull the trigger to get something for Kuba that could help the team at the moment and in the future.

33Good Meszaros laugh - Page 3 Empty Re: Good Meszaros laugh Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:25 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:PS, I also agree with Asq that is was a very nice package for TB - I won't lie. But if you were to ask me if I'd undo that trade - the answer is no.

Maybe that's the long and the short of it for me.

I think it's too early to make a comment on the trade (although admittedly I've already made several), and we likely won't know who won for quite a while.

However, I think all these attacks on Meszaros are a tad unfair. I can perhaps understand Redden-abuse since he refused to waive his NTC numerous times and did not look like he was trying out there on the ice, but Meszaros was just a young player who wanted a long-term deal.
You are so wrong. MEszaros talks never got off the ground because of the money he wanted. He said before summer and I quote, I won't play for anything less than 3.5 at 3 years. If the deal is longer I want more. He never proved anything other than he could be respectable with a good parnter.

$3.5 in today's NHL is peanuts. You don't think he's worth as much as Jeff freakin' Finger?

He proved loads. Rookie season Meszaros would be our #1 d-man right now, and there's no reason to believe that with a more solid partner than Redden he couldn't get to or above that level.

34Good Meszaros laugh - Page 3 Empty Re: Good Meszaros laugh Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:04 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Flip it around - do you think Finger is worth as much as Mez?

If we're using Finger as the benchmark, Mez should have gotten $8M...

35Good Meszaros laugh - Page 3 Empty Re: Good Meszaros laugh Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Acrobat wrote:Flip it around - do you think Finger is worth as much as Mez?

If we're using Finger as the benchmark, Mez should have gotten $8M...

Speaking of Finger, I was reading an article about the Leafs the other day and they referred to him as "veteran Jeff Finger ..." Has he got 100 games in yet?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum