GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carter traded to Columbus

+15
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
dennycrane
The Silfer Server
Cap'n Clutch
stempniaksen
SensHulk
NEELY
22_4_ever
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Hoags
Ev
spader
PTFlea
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

46Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:00 pm

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

GMillerTSNGord Miller
Mike Richards to LA for a package including Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds? Hearing from good sources that it could happen.

47Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:01 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:From Gord Miller:

Mike Richards to LA for a package including Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds? Hearing from good sources that it could happen.

Eek. Between that deal and the Carter deal, PHI would be amazing for a long time to come. Voracek, Hamilton/Murphy, Schenn+++. I wonder how they will look minus their top two centres, tho', in the shorter term.

48Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

Eek. Between that deal and the Carter deal, PHI would be amazing for a long time to come. Voracek, Hamilton/Murphy, Schenn+++. I wonder how they will look minus their top two centres, tho', in the shorter term.

I think they're going backwards, personally.

They certainly aren't tradnig them because of their on-ice play, that's for sure.

49Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That would actually be a bad deal for the Flyers, IMO.

50Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:03 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Philly could be awesome in a couple of years. Too bad Bryzgalov has a GAA of 13.23 in the playoffs.

51Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:08 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Richards to LA is done apparently.

For Simmonds and Schenn.

52Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:08 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tsnjamesduthie
james duthie
Richards to LA for Simmonds Schenn. Done. as per TSN's Gord Miller.

Holy Dung! Vertigo Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

53Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:08 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

They certainly aren't tradnig them because of their on-ice play, that's for sure.

Meh. If Richards and Carter were pegged by management as problems, I get it. The amazing thing about PHI is even if you drop Richards and Carter, their forward depth is still pretty strong, their D is super deep, and they will probably have a tandem in net of Bryz + Bob. Not too shabby, if you ask me -- especially if they get to re-stock the bare prospect cupboards at last in the process.

54Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:17 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Meh. If Richards and Carter were pegged by management as problems, I get it. The amazing thing about PHI is even if you drop Richards and Carter, their forward depth is still pretty strong, their D is super deep, and they will probably have a tandem in net of Bryz + Bob. Not too shabby, if you ask me -- especially if they get to re-stock the bare prospect cupboards at last in the process.

Can't say for sure, but LeBrun has this to say:

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Pierre LeBrun
Now you know for sure that rumors things weren't right in Flyers dressing room were absolutely true

55Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Great for Kadri to find out he was part of a potential deal. Way to keep morale up.

56Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They were pegged as problems for sure. I'm waiting to hear on playmaker26 as to the real reason why Richards was wanted gone.

57Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:They were pegged as problems for sure. I'm waiting to hear on playmaker26 as to the real reason why Richards was wanted gone.

Some fan in Philly are saying they were snorting coke, not sure if that's true or not.

58Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:57 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:They were pegged as problems for sure. I'm waiting to hear on playmaker26 as to the real reason why Richards was wanted gone.

Some fan in Philly are saying they were snorting coke, not sure if that's true or not.

according to neely, it is.

59Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:59 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:

LOL, no Dung.

60Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:38 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I don't get this from CLB POV. With Voracek + 8th I am sure they could have gotten the 2nd or 3rd overall pick. Choosing between Landeskog/Huverdeau and Carter, no braine to me. yes he scores a lot, but as far as game breaking ability, he was not even top 3 in Philly.
I guess they were pressured to make something happen next year... and still no real good defensemen in the system.

61Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:43 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

AFAIC, Briere and Giroux are more top centers than Carter, especially in the Playoffs.
At the end of the day, there's still tons of heart in Philly. Tons of off ice issues fore sure with Carter and Richards.

62Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wow! to hand over the credit to big ev and his buddy, you head this first.
i have to say i understand CBJ for doing this. they need a center for nash NOW. they've also got a center signed for 11 years. something they can't do by themselves since they have a hard time getting elite players to go there. I

Now will it take long for them to get a trade request from carter? I think it's nuts that you can sign that kind of long term extention and be traded so close after. It could make people think twice about hammering contracts with philly. I love that Holmgreb is super gutsy and in both these trades he's setting this team up for years to come.

As far as the powder story goes, maybe a move to columbus will clear things up a bit for mister carter.

63Carter traded to Columbus - Page 4 Empty Re: Carter traded to Columbus Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:wow! to hand over the credit to big ev and his buddy, you head this first.
i have to say i understand CBJ for doing this. they need a center for nash NOW. they've also got a center signed for 11 years. something they can't do by themselves since they have a hard time getting elite players to go there. I

Now will it take long for them to get a trade request from carter? I think it's nuts that you can sign that kind of long term extention and be traded so close after. It could make people think twice about hammering contracts with philly. I love that Holmgreb is super gutsy and in both these trades he's setting this team up for years to come.

As far as the powder story goes, maybe a move to columbus will clear things up a bit for mister carter.

Big Ev and his buddy are to the Flyers as SteffeG is to the SEL. Fact. Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum