GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SHOCKER: Rafalski set to retire says sources

+6
Flo The Action
Ev
shabbs
SensHulk
sandysensfan
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Gonch... heh heh... bounce back year?

Wink

I hesitate to say it couldn't get worse, but...yeah, it could, he could retire I guess.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Gonch... heh heh... bounce back year?

Wink

I hesitate to say it couldn't get worse, but...yeah, it could, he could retire I guess.
35+ contract though... bah. He's gotta earn it.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
35+ contract though... bah. He's gotta earn it.

Yeah, that's what I meant. If he wakes up one morning and says F this noise and retires, we're on the hook. I guess this would be the best time for that - not that I think it's gonna happen, but we have cap to waste.

I think he can bounce back. I'll stick by that and hope to heck.

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:Why does the title say Shocker????

He'll be 38 by next regular season.

He had 1 more year left at 6.5 million, he scored 50 points last year and was a HUGE part of Detroit's PP and PK. He's solidly entrenched in their top 4 D-men with Kronwall, Stuart and Lidstrom. He's 37, but he's not really declining from what I saw and there was no rumblings or hints about this whatsoever. I was shocked, a lot of people are surprised. You're not?

It doesn't surprise me because he's at an advanced age (for a pro athlete). Maybe he feels he's on too much of a decline, or maybe he's just tired of playing hockey. There's lots of reason. If he were even 35 I probably would be surprised, but at his age, I would suspect his body just isn't what it used to be.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He's retiring because of injuries folks.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

this is a shocker. imagine if lidstrom did retire this year? how crazy would that be? losing their top D-men.
I have to agree that Gonchar should be a player detroit takes a look at. Kuba is just wishful thinking on our part, and we should offer him as well, but if I was murray i'd take a walk past detroits table at the draft....

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Kuba AND Gonchar for a 1st.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think Ken Holland and Mike Babcock are smart enough to stay away from Kuba. Gonchar is interesting though. Imagine the damage he could do with guys like Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen... Detroit would be taking a monster-hit if both those guys retire. Still, they'd have $10+ million to spend to replace those two. I'd imagine they go for Bogosian, or even take a stab at Kaberle.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They could also be looking into signing a Carkner-type as they don't have much in terms of a gritty, shutdown defenceman.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Meanwhile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7VpnD9M86I

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:Meanwhile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7VpnD9M86I

If you all miss the old "embed" button in YouTube, then here is the 'old" way. Just strip off the "watch=?" part and replace the "=" with a "/" and enclose the whole thing in flash tags, like so:
Code:
[flash]http://www.youtube.com/v/v7VpnD9M86I[/flash]

And then you might want to make it a bit larger:
Code:
[flash(425,349)]http://www.youtube.com/v/v7VpnD9M86I[/flash]

Or, as I just discovered, the embed script is still there. Just click "Share" and then "Embed":

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think Ken Holland and Mike Babcock are smart enough to stay away from Kuba. Gonchar is interesting though. Imagine the damage he could do with guys like Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen... Detroit would be taking a monster-hit if both those guys retire. Still, they'd have $10+ million to spend to replace those two. I'd imagine they go for Bogosian, or even take a stab at Kaberle.

Yeah, first I agree, Gonchar is the kind of guy that could be amazing for Detroit - and wow, if Lidstrom hangs them up as well...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Actually I was just too lazy to do it tongue

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:If you all miss the old "embed" button in YouTube, then here is the 'old" way.
It's still there... you just gotta click a bit more...

Click Share... then Embed...

SHOCKER: Rafalski set to retire says sources - Page 2 Embedd

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

^That's neat that you can take a little screen shot like that. What do you use to do that in terms of software?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:^That's neat that you can take a little screen shot like that. What do you use to do that in terms of software?
HyperSnap.

http://www.hyperionics.com/hsdx/

Red boxes using... wait for it... MS Paint.

Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:If you all miss the old "embed" button in YouTube, then here is the 'old" way.
It's still there... you just gotta click a bit more...

Click Share... then Embed...

You should really read to the end of my post Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:^That's neat that you can take a little screen shot like that. What do you use to do that in terms of software?
HyperSnap.

http://www.hyperionics.com/hsdx/

Red boxes using... wait for it... MS Paint.

Wink

LOL. I use ... wait for it ... Word.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum