GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jeremy Roenick to retire from the NHL after 20 years

+3
SeawaySensFan
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As per TSN and SNet... news conference scheduled for Thursday.

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=286735

The San Jose Sharks have scheduled a news conference for Thursday, when it is expected that veteran centre Jeremy Roenick will announce his retirement.

Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, the Sharks' television broadcaster, cited multiple league sources saying Roenick will call it a career after 20 years in the NHL.

Among all players in NHL history, Roenick ranks 36th on the all-time goals list (513), 48th on the all-time assist list (703) and for tied 39th on the all-time points list (1,216).

A two-time 50-goal scorer, Roenick became just the third American-born player to reach 500 career goals in 2007. He was selected to play in the All-Star Game nine times and twice represented the United States in the Olympics.

Roenick, 39, was drafted 8th overall by the Chicago Blackhawks in 1998, and was signed by the Sharks as a free agent in 2007. The Massachusetts native played a career total of 1,363 games with Chicago, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Phoenix and San Jose.

Sportsnet has it too:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/08/04/Roenick-Retiremen-0/

Last edited by shabbs on Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

he had a good career too bad he couldnt get a cup

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My freshest memory of that turkey is his performance on that NHL Awards fiasco.

Fare thee well, fool.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

he was a fool and a bit of an a$$ but he was a good player not like avery

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He always shot from the lip. I'll miss his candor (but not his over-the-top stupid stuff like what he said about Chelios and Babcock.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

I thought he has another year in him, oh well he can focus on his acting career now Razz

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Or the Ice Capades.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Former 50-goal man. Always entertaining. Good looking wife.

Jeremy Roenick to retire from the NHL after 20 years Scaled10

Man's done well for himself. Maybe the broadcast booth beckons for JR.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

A great father too. Good luck to him in future endeavors.

I'll miss his candidness, even if I didn't agree some of what he said. Nice to see that in a world of cliched, robotic typical interviews from players.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran