GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What should the new Winnipeg team be called?

+8
shabbs
Hoags
tim1_2
LethalLehner
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What should the new Winnipeg team be called?

What should the new Winnipeg team be called? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2100%What should the new Winnipeg team be called? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 100% [ 6 ]
What should the new Winnipeg team be called? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%What should the new Winnipeg team be called? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
What should the new Winnipeg team be called? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%What should the new Winnipeg team be called? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The Moose is an AHL franchise, and a farm team for the Canucks. They can't just disappear, plus fans of the Canucks would forever deride Winnipeg as being a farm team for Vancouver. Winnipeg fans won't like that at all.

What's Winnipeg famous for? Other than winter?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:The Moose is an AHL franchise, and a farm team for the Canucks. They can't just disappear, plus fans of the Canucks would forever deride Winnipeg as being a farm team for Vancouver. Winnipeg fans won't like that at all.

What's Winnipeg famous for? Other than winter?

The Guess Who...

Winnipeg Silver Birds

Kablam!

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

yeah wouldn't the phoenix coyotes still own rights for that or is that relinquished after a name change....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Winnipeg Wind.

If you've ever stood at Portage and Main Street, you know what I'm talking about.

Or...

The Winnipeg Dry As Hell Winter.

Or...

The Winnipeg Cold As Hell Winter.

Or...

The Winnipeg Mosquitoes / Black Flies

If you've spent a summer in Winnipeg... you know what I'm talking about.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:The Winnipeg Wind.

And if they go on a losing streak, you pass Wind.

shabbs wrote:If you've ever stood at Portage and Main Street, you know what I'm talking about.

Or...

The Winnipeg Dry As Hell Winter.

Or...

The Winnipeg Cold As Hell Winter.

Or...

The Winnipeg Mosquitoes / Black Flies

If you've spent a summer in Winnipeg... you know what I'm talking about.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

From answers.com, "What is Winnipeg famous for?"

Beautiful historic district - The Exchange; theatre, ballet, and being a very multi-cultural city. The Forks, big name concerts at MTS Centre, Blue Bombers football, incredible variety of restaurants and being the city that is the closest to the geographic centre of North America.

The Winnipeg Centers!

The Winnipeg Forks Vertigo

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I gotta say, the Winnipeg Black Flies is growing on me...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If anyone does happen to visit Winnipeg, and they like steak, you HAVE to eat at 529 Wellington. Some of the best steak in Canada.

http://www.wowhospitality.ca/restaurants/wellington.html

Amazing.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Winnipeg Meat.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:If anyone does happen to visit Winnipeg, and they like steak, you HAVE to eat at 529 Wellington. Some of the best steak in Canada.

http://www.wowhospitality.ca/restaurants/wellington.html

Amazing.

Winnipeg is apparently known for a great variety of restaurants.

Beef Wellington, eh?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Winnipeg Restaurants.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Has to be the Jets.

Can you imagine if Ottawa lost the Sens, got another NHL team 15 years later and the team was called the 67's? Keep your minor and major leagues separate.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:Has to be the Jets.

Can you imagine if Ottawa lost the Sens, got another NHL team 15 years later and the team was called the 67's? Keep your minor and major leagues separate.

It's kind of different because it is an AHL team that is owned by the group buying the Thrashers. The 67's are just a junior team.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

the Winnipeg Whiteouts

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Winnipeg NoMoneyFromTheProvince

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=366134

Is is dead now?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:The Winnipeg NoMoneyFromTheProvince

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=366134

Is is dead now?

They said they're open to providing some money for arena renovation.

Think about it. A payroll of over $50M, at a tax rate of at least 30% even with deferring income and all, that's $15M per year. And it's likely to be higher than that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

David Thomson's gonna have to open up the wallet...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum