GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What should the new Winnipeg team be called?

+8
shabbs
Hoags
tim1_2
LethalLehner
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What should the new Winnipeg team be called?

What should the new Winnipeg team be called? Vote_lcap2100%What should the new Winnipeg team be called? Vote_rcap2 100% [ 6 ]
What should the new Winnipeg team be called? Vote_lcap20%What should the new Winnipeg team be called? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
What should the new Winnipeg team be called? Vote_lcap20%What should the new Winnipeg team be called? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Bobby Mac can jump ahead, heck, so can I!

This thing needs a poll but there are so few possibilities yet. Jets, Moose, something else?

Fire away. And if you are so inclined, provide a logo as well )

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So the "Manitoba Moose" violates options 3 and 4. What's the plural of moose -- is it meese?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Jets for Diddle sake! Why would they call them something different??!!?!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Floods

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Jets... there is no other name.

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Winnipeg Black Flies. Facepalm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Floods is pretty funny...but I'd have to go with Jets. Is there a reason they wouldn't be able to be named the Jets?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I bet it will be Moose, the potential owners have invested a lot of money in establishing the Moose brand name, they'd be throwing money away if they do not leverage that name.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Winnipeg Canyoneros!!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Canyonerooooooooo Canyonero!

Smells like a steak, and seats thirty five?
Canyonero! Canyonero!
Well, it goes real slow with the hammer down,
It's the country-fried truck endorsed by a clown,
Canyonero! Canyonero! Hey, hey!
Twelve yards long, two lanes wide,
Sixty five tons of American pride!
Canyonero! Canyonero!
Top of the line in utility sports,
Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts!
Canyonero! Canyonero!
She blinds everybody with her super high beams,
She's a squirrel-squashin', deer-smackin' drivin' machine,
Canyonero! Canyonero!
Canyonero! Whoa, Canyonero! Whoooooaaaa!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:I bet it will be Moose, the potential owners have invested a lot of money in establishing the Moose brand name, they'd be throwing money away if they do not leverage that name.

Cheap Bastards.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:The Jets for Diddle sake! Why would they call them something different??!!?!

The Coyotes owners may own the Jets name. Too bad you can't call them the Sharks Wink

What should the new Winnipeg team be called? West-side-story-0903-pp03

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Moose is an AHL franchise, and a farm team for the Canucks. They can't just disappear, plus fans of the Canucks would forever deride Winnipeg as being a farm team for Vancouver. Winnipeg fans won't like that at all.

What's Winnipeg famous for? Other than winter?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:The Moose is an AHL franchise, and a farm team for the Canucks. They can't just disappear, plus fans of the Canucks would forever deride Winnipeg as being a farm team for Vancouver. Winnipeg fans won't like that at all.

What's Winnipeg famous for? Other than winter?

The Guess Who...

Winnipeg Silver Birds

Kablam!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

yeah wouldn't the phoenix coyotes still own rights for that or is that relinquished after a name change....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum