GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Matthew Barnaby arrested for domestic violence

+5
Ev
shabbs
wprager
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:From BuffaloNews.com

Matthew Barnaby is accused of sending a threatening text message to a male friend of his estranged wife in a domestic dispute that sent him to jail overnight Friday, authorities said.

Wait up. Am I reading that correctly? Is he in jail for sending a threatening text message?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

Matthew Barnaby is accused of sending a threatening text message to a male friend of his estranged wife in a domestic dispute that sent him to jail overnight Friday, authorities said.

Wait up. Am I reading that correctly? Is he in jail for sending a threatening text message?

You're reading what's written.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As I said, non story. There was no physical violence involved.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:As I said, non story. There was no physical violence involved.

I could fill in the blanks for this story but I better not. Laugh1

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:

You're reading what's written.

The phrasing is awkward. I wasn't sure if it was implying that his wife is estranged because of a domestic dispute. That is, I wasn't sure if this was describing a separate incident. I guess not.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:As I said, non story. There was no physical violence involved.

I could fill in the blanks for this story but I better not. Laugh1

Ha. Ya, it's pretty clear what's happening here.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What about the serious damage to property? Wasn't that part of the report, also?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/police-courts/courts/article423231.ece wrote:
There was property damage. When Barnaby arrived at the home, he attempted to enter and kicked the door, leaving an estimated $300 in damages, police added.

Barnaby faces charges of felony criminal mischief, criminal contempt, criminal trespass, harassment and aggravated harassment. The most serious charge, felony criminal mischief, carries a possible prison term of up to four years.

"He's been accused of sending threatening text messages and making phone calls to the [estranged wife's] friend, which led to the aggravated harassment charge," McGonagle said.

Law enforcement sources said that soon after the incident, Barnaby drove to the male friend's place of business on Transit Road to confront him. State police responded, but Barnaby was gone when they arrived, and no arrests were made.

Those sources also said Barnaby was charged with criminal contempt because he is accused of violating a court order -- agreed to by him and his estranged wife -- about access to their marital property. That court order was not an order of protection, sources emphasized.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:What about the serious damage to property? Wasn't that part of the report, also?

He busted a door. He probably wanted to get some of HIS Dung that was still there and her "friend" probably told the poor bastard he better not come there or else and Barnaby responded.

Happens all the time. Was probably a power drill or something like that. I can picture the whole thing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:What about the serious damage to property? Wasn't that part of the report, also?

He busted a door. He probably wanted to get some of HIS Dung that was still there and her "friend" probably told the poor bastard he better not come there or else and Barnaby responded.

Happens all the time. Was probably a power drill or something like that. I can picture the whole thing.

Yeah, probably.

Matthew Barnaby arrested for domestic violence - Page 2 Bodydouble-driller_0

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Matthew Barnaby arrested for domestic violence - Page 2 Andrew-dice-clay-lg

"You know, Stanley... like the power drill....... HEY!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: