GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oilers exploring relocation?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oilers exploring relocation? Empty Oilers exploring relocation? Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sounds like posturing or flat out bluffing but it's interesting to say the least.

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2010/12/01/16387136.html

- Unknown Author

2Oilers exploring relocation? Empty Re: Oilers exploring relocation? Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:15 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Katz would be shot. That's not even hyperbole.

Posturing at it's finest.

3Oilers exploring relocation? Empty Re: Oilers exploring relocation? Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:18 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

most likely posturing. I agree with ^^^^

besides, how challenged is it that the league would allow edmonton to relocate but leave phoenix, florida, and atlanta right where they are? As much as I want the oilers to get a new stadium, I really hope the city council isn't fooled with this dumb act

4Oilers exploring relocation? Empty Re: Oilers exploring relocation? Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:19 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:Katz would be shot. That's not even hyperbole.

Not to mention that the dude has wanted to own the Oilers for years. I don't see him wanting to move them. Isn't he also the owner of Rexal PharmaPlus? Check out their colours and you'll see a striking similarity of their colours to the Oilers colours.

- Unknown Author

5Oilers exploring relocation? Empty Re: Oilers exploring relocation? Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:30 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

@ DarrenDreger
Relocation is not being discussed in Edmonton. Todays meeting with Q.City is simply an exchanging of strategies for similar arena projects.

Looks like it's nothing after all.

6Oilers exploring relocation? Empty Re: Oilers exploring relocation? Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:Katz would be shot. That's not even hyperbole.

This.

And the league would step in and block a move out of Edmonton.

7Oilers exploring relocation? Empty Re: Oilers exploring relocation? Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:41 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Edmonton is using this as a pressure point, similar to how Lemieux used Kansas City as a pressure point in negotiations with city of Pittsburgh. Nothing to see here.

8Oilers exploring relocation? Empty Re: Oilers exploring relocation? Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:09 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

stempniaksen wrote:@ DarrenDreger
Relocation is not being discussed in Edmonton. Todays meeting with Q.City is simply an exchanging of strategies for similar arena projects.

Looks like it's nothing after all.

I repeat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum