GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good news for the NHL?

+2
spader
Cap'n Clutch
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Good news for the NHL? Empty Good news for the NHL? Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:04 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Apparently the NBA Union is 99% sure there will be a lockout next season.

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/basketball/2010/11/23/16276526.html

Perhaps this means more people will turn to hockey to get their sports fix?

- Unknown Author

2Good news for the NHL? Empty Re: Good news for the NHL? Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:36 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I'm sure you're right that some would pay more attention to hockey. Many people credit the hockey lockout with the rise of poker as a watchable game.

3Good news for the NHL? Empty Re: Good news for the NHL? Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:40 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:I'm sure you're right that some would pay more attention to hockey. Many people credit the hockey lockout with the rise of poker as a watchable game.

I'm pretty sure Leafs fans think it was Sundin who helped the game of poker

4Good news for the NHL? Empty Re: Good news for the NHL? Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This could potentially mean some pretty big things for the NHL if they play their cards right. Once upon a time the NBA and NHL were neck and neck in terms of popularity were they not? Hopefully a lockout sends hoards of fans to the NHL and maybe a bunch new ones stick around?

- Unknown Author

5Good news for the NHL? Empty Re: Good news for the NHL? Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:47 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Apparently the NBA Union is 99% sure there will be a lockout next season.

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/basketball/2010/11/23/16276526.html

Perhaps this means more people will turn to hockey to get their sports fix?

I sure as hell hope there is a lockout. The NBA is a mess right now.

6Good news for the NHL? Empty Re: Good news for the NHL? Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:54 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

More importantly, it would be HUGE when it comes to a TV deal. If NBA is off the air for next season, price automatically goes up for ESPN (as well as pressure to have something to show regularly), NBC, Versus, etc.

7Good news for the NHL? Empty Re: Good news for the NHL? Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and the NFL is going to a lockout...the NHL would be the only pro sport on after MLB is over haha

8Good news for the NHL? Empty Re: Good news for the NHL? Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:and the NFL is going to a lockout...the NHL would be the only pro sport on after MLB is over haha

You guys are forgetting about a few things:

College Hoops
NASCAR
WNBA
Arena Football (is that still around?)
10-Pin
Duck-Pin
Dodge Ball
Cricket
Crickets

9Good news for the NHL? Empty Re: Good news for the NHL? Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:58 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:and the NFL is going to a lockout...the NHL would be the only pro sport on after MLB is over haha

College Hoops
NASCAR

WNBA
10-Pin
Duck-Pin
Dodge Ball
Cricket
Crickets

With the exception of the bolded entries, the shame is that many people south of the border would consider most of those options before turning on the hockey game.

10Good news for the NHL? Empty Re: Good news for the NHL? Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not cricket. Crickets, maybe. Especially with Buddy Holly.

11Good news for the NHL? Empty Re: Good news for the NHL? Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:55 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

College Hoops
NASCAR

WNBA
10-Pin
Duck-Pin
Dodge Ball
Cricket
Crickets

With the exception of the bolded entries, the shame is that many people south of the border would consider most of those options before turning on the hockey game.

You could re-write that sentence using the present tense and still be right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum