GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Ottawa Senators 3 @ Montreal Canadiens 2 - 7:00pm ET - SAT. Nov. 6, 2010

+18
SensHulk
ddt
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
asq2
TheAvatar
Ev
beerandsens
Hockeyhero22000
Hoags
PTFlea
shabbs
Straight Shooter
The Silfer Server
wprager
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
PKC
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:I missed a lot of the game tonight but from what I saw, the team was really in sync. Did they slow up a bit in the third again?

By far, the best game we have played this year, with our first real 60 minute effort. Lots of hitting and shooting, limited turnovers and odd-man rushes, and we really limited quality scoring chances against.

Price stood on his head; if not for him, we would have buried that game in the first 30 minutes.

Best game of the season for Karlsson, too -- he's looking now a lot like the Karlsson of last March / April.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
beerandsens wrote:I think this win is a really good sign. Some posters here will complain about the Sens not playing a full sixty minutes or not being able to contain teams in the 3rd, but I remember when the Sens could not win one goal games. Good effort and they keep finding ways to win.

I know. I wonder how those posters who were ready to blow it up a week or two ago feel right now. We are certainly not a perfect team and probably not a contender but we're not all bad either; there are some +++'s

I really hope that (collective) ankle heals well (after they jump back on the wagon) ... FingersCrossed

Haha, yup. Remember who was the voice of reason back then? Because I do!

I was calming the masses back then too. Nice to see everyone is slowly starting to come off suicide watch.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
beerandsens wrote:I think this win is a really good sign. Some posters here will complain about the Sens not playing a full sixty minutes or not being able to contain teams in the 3rd, but I remember when the Sens could not win one goal games. Good effort and they keep finding ways to win.

I know. I wonder how those posters who were ready to blow it up a week or two ago feel right now. We are certainly not a perfect team and probably not a contender but we're not all bad either; there are some +++'s

I really hope that (collective) ankle heals well (after they jump back on the wagon) ... FingersCrossed

And some people will complain that Elliott is not a real #1 goalie

and some people will complain that Kovalev is inconsistent

and some people will complain player X had a bad game

and some people will complain that we should call up so and so

and some people will complain that the coach should try different line combinations

and some people will complain that the coach should leave the line combinations as they are

and some people will complain that certain players get injured too much

and some people will complain that people complain...

I think you're truly off the "bad wagon" when you stop caring at all.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Well, they were stopped 5 of the 6 times. And the game before they went 0 for 4, I think. Good passing, good pressure, Price was, after all, the third star ("turd star" according to the announcer).

Yeah, Price was excellent. Without him I think we pot a few more.

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Big Ev wrote:By the way that game was awesome because of NO DEAN BROWN. Sooooo refreshing not to watch a Sens game broadcasted by Brown.

I can't begin to describe how much better Mark Lee and Kevin Weekes are than the two goofs who we have to listen to on a game-by-game basis.

Really??? I was about to throw up constantly hearing about this PHD line to was supposedly so dominant on the cycle and in the O zone in general. Yet not a peep about RKN, which totally outplayed them. It was bad enough that if I hadn't been watching on PVR, I would've switched to RDS and their moronic homers.

PS: Don't get me wrong, Dean Brown is really, really bad, but those guys last night were awful.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:I really want to win this one!!! More than usual.

And GOD SAYS "You know what BD, you've been working hard, you've been cheering hard and supporting your team hard; this one is for your; enjoy it".

That's what HE said; I swear!

You spoke to Alfie??!?!?!?! Some people have all the luck.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bass Destruction wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:I really want to win this one!!! More than usual.

And GOD SAYS "You know what BD, you've been working hard, you've been cheering hard and supporting your team hard; this one is for your; enjoy it".

That's what HE said; I swear!

You spoke to Alfie??!?!?!?! Some people have all the luck.

Hee-hee. I almost posted "And he spoke Swedish" in reply last night.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Am I the only one who likes Dean Brown? Shrug

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Am I the only one who likes Dean Brown? Shrug

I don't mind him. Pretty indifferent, as long as he sticks to play by play.

Must say though I think Denis Potvin is a huge improvement over Gary Galley. Think he has a lot of interesting insight I haven't even thought of, or noticed myself.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

TheAvatar wrote:
beerandsens wrote:
I think this win is a really good sign. Some posters here will complain about the Sens not playing a full sixty minutes or not being able to contain teams in the 3rd, but I remember when the Sens could not win one goal games. Good effort and they keep finding ways to win.

I really hope that (collective) ankle heals well (after they jump back on the wagon) ...

And some people will complain that Elliott is not a real #1 goalie

and some people will complain that Kovalev is inconsistent

and some people will complain player X had a bad game

and some people will complain that we should call up so and so

and some people will complain that the coach should try different line combinations

and some people will complain that the coach should leave the line combinations as they are

and some people will complain that certain players get injured too much

and some people will complain that people complain...

I think you're truly off the "bad wagon" when you stop caring at all.

There will always be complaints, my point was that even when we have lousy 3rd period efforts there is at least one bright side I welcome with open arms... winning tight hockey games, even if ugly. Of course, that leaves room for improvement.

It's not rocket surgery, it's kind of like saying "some people will say the glass is half empty, but it is also half full", which is a far cry from not caring or saying "Waaah people complain too much".

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I don't mind him. I also liked Garry Galley Wink

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

beerandsens wrote:

It's not rocket surgery, it's kind of like saying "some people will say the glass is half empty, but it is also half full", which is a far cry from not caring or saying "Waaah people complain too much".

Is it brain science then?

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

beerandsens wrote:

Actually, I don't mind the complaining. What bothers me are the "trade everyone except for Alfie" (I'm paraphrasing) posts we get after a few losses.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I've always wondered why people always have an easy hate on TV personalities...
Aside for Mike Milbury (and his I am right, you are wrong attitude), I couldn't care less about thinking about who I like and who I dislike on a broadcast.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

beerandsens wrote:

Is it brain science then?

http://www.doubletongued.org/index.php/dictionary/rocket_surgery/

Editorial Note: Often used jocularly in negative constructions similar to “It’s not rocket surgery.”

I'm a man of simple pleasures, and I've always enjoyed that saying, especially when it's done unwittingly by a ranting lunatic Mad

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:

Yes

No, and I'll thank you not to speak for others. I like Dean Brown as well. I really liked him and Galley together. If you don't expect some amount of homerism in a regional broadcast, then you're out to lunch. I expect it and quite frankly, I expect homers for teams playing against ottawa all the time, even on national broadcasts, so why is so bad for dean brown to be a homer?

And really, he's pretty good as a broadcaster. He's got a pretty good history and there's a reason CBC hires him as well to do broadcasts, not just for sens games. He's also been the sens broadcaster for a long time, so its nice to have some tradition going.

Honestly, now we're complaining about our own announcers? Facepalm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

That being said, I think Kevin Weekes is awesome as a color commentator and would always welcome a broadcast done by him and Mark Lee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum