GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:New York Islanders 1 @ Ottawa Senators 4 - 7:30pm ET - THUR. Nov. 4, 2010

+17
PTFlea
CockRoche
Hoags
Number Twenty Nine
Hobiesens
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
spader
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
wprager
SensHulk
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Good advice CR, at the very least I'll PVR the game for him.

Perfect. Best of both worlds.

Rangers and Philly is on. Lundqvist time.

Bye for now.
Yeah, he's not doing much better than Roloson, though. Should've just said you're off to watch another exciting rookie goalie -- Bobrovsky.

If there was a hockey game to watch other than the Islanders-Senators today, it's the Lightning-Kings game later tonight. THAT'S going to be a super game.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Good advice CR, at the very least I'll PVR the game for him.

Bye for now.
Yeah, he's not doing much better than Roloson, though. Should've just said you're off to watch another exciting rookie goalie -- Bobrovsky.

It's not about how many goals you let in. When you are scouting a goalie in order to learn, you watch the goalies reads, his positioning, his posture, his feet. I could go on and on. Lundqvist is one of my favs to watch and should be for anyone with goaltender interests.

Not to mention, if you actually saw (I have) the 3 goals he has let in so far, he hasn't had much help. Desperation attempts, while sometimes due to being out of position, are something a goalie has to do from time to time.

Last edited by CockRoche on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:
wprager wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Bye for now.

If there was a hockey game to watch other than the Islanders-Senators today, it's the Lightning-Kings game later tonight. THAT'S going to be a super game.

Agreed. Some great story-lines as well. Two best teams in the league right now points-wise, Doughty returns, etc, etc.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

So let me get this straight, the same play results in a major for Smith but only a minor for Martin?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This has seriously been the worst third period of the year for the team...absolutely pathetic the effort level.

NEWSFLASH: You can't mail it in Ottawa, you're not a good enough team!

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

That seals it for the Sens, Spezza notches his fourth point of the night.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and... the nail in the coffin. thank you kelly.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ok, now let's tear the habs a new one.

Spirou

Spirou
Prospect
Prospect

Amnesia021 wrote:По крайней мере это не является французским, тогда Вы не могли понять это, и это будет пахнуть плохо.

Poshol ty na khuy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Spirou wrote:
Amnesia021 wrote:По крайней мере это не является французским, тогда Вы не могли понять это, и это будет пахнуть плохо.

Poshol ty na khuy.

Now, now. Don't make me put in word censoring for other languages. Sarcasm

And I don't really get that expression. I guess being only 12 when I left I didn't get much of a chance to use it, but does it even make sense (I mean, if you transliterated it to English)?

Back to hockey.

A win is a win. I'll take the two points and .500. Good for Hale to get a goal, especially since it's 50/50 he stays in the lineup this weekend. Personally, I'd keep Kuba back -- you don't want him on the second pairing against the speedy smurfs, and if he's on the third pairing that means Campoli/Karlsson on the second one. Better rest him up one more game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Good game until the 3rd, they need to clean that up. Strong games from a lot of players though, really good to see.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
CockRoche wrote:Serious Question: As much as we all love the Senators, will anybody miss the last half of the Sens game and switch over to the Canucks and Avalanche game?

I want to watch Schneider in the net for Vancouver and the game will feature some great hockey as well.

Tough decision or is it?

I was listening to the Senators on the radio when they were hardly ever on TV and no "other" game would have taken me away from that either.

Easy decision. Senators are on, no one else matters. Cheering

Fair enough and kudos to you for that! TipHat

As much as I cheer for the Senators and watch them whenever I can, I am a hockey fan more than anything. If I can catch a game that should have more passion, intensity and skill and also have more creativity and great plays, I tend to get swayed by the more "exciting" contest.

Plus, I always enjoy watching a rookie goaltender, Schneider is this case, to see how he handles himself mentally and positionally.

Sens until 9:08 PM for me. Facepalm Shrug Don't be to mad at me.

I can certainly relate. My son is a goaler and I like to watch what the pros do right and sometimes do wrong. Maybe I'll watch young Schneider as well... after the mighty Sens destroy the sad sack Isles! Dancing

In that case, after the Sens game is over, do your son a solid and tune into the Canucks game. Watching other techniques, good or bad, is one of the best ways to learn. Young Schneider is as positionally sound as they come. His rebounds need work and he doesn't trust his position enough, but he is a good one to study.

Wow! Halfway through the Canucks and Avalanche game and I am shocked at how much Schneider has improved since last season. His numbers are outstanding this season already, but that can be mis-leading sometimes so I wanted to watch him tonight.

No more wasted movements from this kid, he seems confident in his postioning now. He doesn't drop early on every shot and he doesn't guess at all anymore. His upper-body is straight and tall in the butterfly and his rebounds are under control.

If Schneider continues to progress, things are going to get interesting in Vancouver. They will get rid of one of their valuable goalies bolstering an already contending team.

PKC, I didn't see the third, were the Sens just slacking? Good win either way against a tired, weak and struggling Ilses team. Those are points that can't be taken lightly.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:
Wow! Halfway through the Canucks and Avalanche game and I am shocked at how much Schneider has improved since last season. His numbers are outstanding this season already, but that can be mis-leading sometimes so I wanted to watch him tonight.

No more wasted movements from this kid, he seems confident in his postioning now. He doesn't drop early on every shot and he doesn't guess at all anymore. His upper-body is straight and tall in the butterfly and his rebounds are under control.

If Schneider continues to progress, things are going to get interesting in Vancouver. They will get rid of one of their valuable goalies bolstering an already contending team.

PKC, I didn't see the third, were the Sens just slacking? Good win either way against a tired, weak and struggling Ilses team. Those are points that can't be taken lightly.

Not only did they take their foot off the proverbial gas pedal, but they started to apply the damn breaks too. Just a really lazy period, very uninspired, looked like they had dinner plans they cared about getting to more than they did finishing out the game.

Two shorthanded breakaways on the same PP, a ton of broken plays, endless errant passes, lazy backcheck/forecheck, shifts too long, etc...the list goes on and on. I know they won the hockey game, but this team can't afford to be complacent. They have to work harder than the other team for 60+ minutes, no ifs, ands or buts.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Not only did they take their foot off the proverbial gas pedal, but they started to apply the damn breaks too. Just a really lazy period, very uninspired, looked like they had dinner plans they cared about getting to more than they did finishing out the game.

Two shorthanded breakaways on the same PP, a ton of broken plays, endless errant passes, lazy backcheck/forecheck, shifts too long, etc...the list goes on and on. I know they won the hockey game, but this team can't afford to be complacent. They have to work harder than the other team for 60+ minutes, no ifs, ands or buts.

Yuck. I hate when they do that and they tend to do it quite a bit. The Sens of 2010-11 are not good enough to do that, they have to work hard for 60+ minutes no matter what the score or who the opponent. Disappointing to hear, glad I flipped the channel.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

On a side note, I will assume that Elliott stopped both breakaways and say that he is really getting better one-on-one. Whenever I see a breakaway against, I have full confidence in a big save from him. I didn't have that a couple years ago and he continues to get better month by month.

Good for Elliott.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Spezza was all over the ice tonight. THe pass to Gonchar on the first goal was just disgusting.
I still find it quite amazing the difference you see in players when you watch them live.
I don't really mind the poor 3rds for now. I mean, for like the last 4 wins they played a poor 3rd but still won the games, and to be honest, I rarely, if ever, see a team play a full 60 minutes in today's NHL. That's why you need timely goaltending.

For the most part we're beating the teams we're supposed to, sso that's good. I'll never forget the Hartsburg days of losing 3/4 games against the Islanders GAME DAY:New York Islanders 1 @ Ottawa Senators 4 - 7:30pm ET - THUR. Nov. 4, 2010 - Page 7 489887

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Karlsson has the most goals by a D-man since last March. That was a surprising stat to hear.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Karlsson has the most goals by a D-man since last March. That was a surprising stat to hear.
Not if you count Byfuglien Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum