GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:New York Islanders 1 @ Ottawa Senators 4 - 7:30pm ET - THUR. Nov. 4, 2010

+17
PTFlea
CockRoche
Hoags
Number Twenty Nine
Hobiesens
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
spader
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
wprager
SensHulk
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Spezza was all over the ice tonight. THe pass to Gonchar on the first goal was just disgusting.
I still find it quite amazing the difference you see in players when you watch them live.
I don't really mind the poor 3rds for now. I mean, for like the last 4 wins they played a poor 3rd but still won the games, and to be honest, I rarely, if ever, see a team play a full 60 minutes in today's NHL. That's why you need timely goaltending.

For the most part we're beating the teams we're supposed to, sso that's good. I'll never forget the Hartsburg days of losing 3/4 games against the Islanders GAME DAY:New York Islanders 1 @ Ottawa Senators 4 - 7:30pm ET - THUR. Nov. 4, 2010 - Page 8 489887

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Karlsson has the most goals by a D-man since last March. That was a surprising stat to hear.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Karlsson has the most goals by a D-man since last March. That was a surprising stat to hear.
Not if you count Byfuglien Smile

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Karlsson has the most goals by a D-man since last March. That was a surprising stat to hear.
Not if you count Byfuglien Smile
but you can't count him.

it's scary how good he'll be.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Very happy with the win, not so happy with the effort or the final score.

It's like they were going for the kill in the 1st and coasting in the 2nd and protecting the lead in the 3rd. Not good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Very happy with the win, not so happy with the effort or the final score.

It's like they were going for the kill in the 1st and coasting in the 2nd and protecting the lead in the 3rd. Not good.

4-1? What's wrong with that? We gave up one PP goal to a top-10 PP in the league. We held that same top-10 PP to 3 shots in a 5-minute Major.

Let's enjoy this one for a while.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Very happy with the win, not so happy with the effort or the final score.

4-1? What's wrong with that? We gave up one PP goal to a top-10 PP in the league. We held that same top-10 PP to 3 shots in a 5-minute Major.

Let's enjoy this one for a while.

SSF's upset about the score because I promised him my tickets so he could get the free pizza slices.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ag, gotcha.

SSF, here's what you do. Get a cardboard box -- shoebox will do -- and cut out the bottom. Cut it across, diagonally, to make two triangles. Use red crayons for the sauce, and burgundy-ish ones for the pepperoni. You don't really need any yellow/brownish ones for the cheese because, let's face it, this is Pizza-Pizza slices, and the real ones have no cheese anyway, so why bother? If you want a little more flavor, sprinkle a little salt on top.

Voila! Two slices, just like if you had two ticket stubs.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Ag, gotcha.

SSF, here's what you do. Get a cardboard box -- shoebox will do -- and cut out the bottom. Cut it across, diagonally, to make two triangles. Use red crayons for the sauce, and burgundy-ish ones for the pepperoni. You don't really need any yellow/brownish ones for the cheese because, let's face it, this is Pizza-Pizza slices, and the real ones have no cheese anyway, so why bother? If you want a little more flavor, sprinkle a little salt on top.

I'll just wait for Fraudeur to serve me up some Delissio when he comes to town with his Dung team! Dancing

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Ag, gotcha.

I'll just wait for Fraudeur to serve me up some Delissio when he comes to town with his Dung team! Dancing

Delivery?

- Unknown Author

[quote="wprager"]

I agree. This sit back and defend mentality is going to cost us sooner than later. We're not a team built to protect leads, we're a team built to cushion our lead.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I liked Campoli going after Martin after that boarding on Spezza (should've been 5 but I was impressed McCreary tucked in his Leafs' underoos and gave us 2).

Smith going after him was nice as well. This wouldn't have happened in the Martin era.

I didn't think they were AS bad in the 3rd as against Toronto (shots were 10-6) so maybe there is hope.

Overall a good win, taking advantage of an easier, tired opponent.

Next up, the Habs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Who's up for a GDT? I'm off to an early pee-wee game in Stittsville, and when I get back I'm probably driving the girls to a birthday party. I can do it some time after lunch, but if someone can do it before then, go right ahead.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

to anyone doing the GDT i'd like to pre-add my "GO SENS GO! Ahhhhh! " to the thread as i have to go out for the whole day and will meet (habs fan)friends at a bar to watch the game. so yeah, GO SENS GO!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum