GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schenn to start season in Toronto

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Schenn to start season in Toronto Empty Schenn to start season in Toronto Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:59 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

According to sportsnet, Schenn will start the season as a Leaf (guess due to injuries). He might play just under the max he can (9?) before being sent down to the CHL.

2Schenn to start season in Toronto Empty Re: Schenn to start season in Toronto Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Not surprising. I think they'll see how he fares in the first 9 games and how many minutes he can with this lineup. I won't be surprised when they send him back down after 9 games in order to avoid the 1st year of his eligibility to be used.

3Schenn to start season in Toronto Empty Re: Schenn to start season in Toronto Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:18 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, likely scenario. No real harm in the experiment. He's going to be a huge part of their future. He's better off developing some more and playing some real competition in juniors, since the Leafs are likely aiming (one would think, and fans should hope) of a last place finish.

4Schenn to start season in Toronto Empty Re: Schenn to start season in Toronto Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:05 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Yeah, likely scenario. No real harm in the experiment. He's going to be a huge part of their future. He's better off developing some more and playing some real competition in juniors, since the Leafs are likely aiming (one would think, and fans should hope) of a last place finish.

Yeah sort of the same thing they did with Spezza, although he was in Bingo... But I think it will be good as long as they don't keep him all year... Send him back to the CHL so that he can play the World Junior's and the playoffs and such, it will only help with big game experience...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum