GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canucks are 0-3 to start the season!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Empty Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:25 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And Luongo got yanked last night. Could his big shiny new contract be affecting his performance? Hmmmmm?

2Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Empty Re: Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:35 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

That was definitely a brutal game for Luongo. I was stunned to see him like that. I wouldn't worry too much, he does this and then he'll shut down the opposition for the next 10 games. It's definitely not a good way to start the season though.

3Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Empty Re: Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:37 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The crowd actually cheered for Raycroft when he replaced Luongo. Yikes. I hear ya, he'll get out of this and then shut 'em down... right?

Wink

4Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Empty Re: Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:43 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I don't blame them for cheering, Louongo let the last 2 shots go in, and they were nothing special at all. He looked shell-shocked on the bench when he got yanked. I thought for sure he'd have a fit, but he was pretty calm. He's the man though, he'll bounce back. Unless there's something we don't know about...

5Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Empty Re: Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:46 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Vermette and Nash are 2 of the speediest players I've seen in a long time. Wow! They were flying around guys last night.

6Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Empty Re: Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:53 am

shabbs wrote:And Luongo got yanked last night. Could his big shiny new contract be affecting his performance? Hmmmmm?

No shot. Last year's game 6 vs Chicago, absolutely. That's what's wrong with him right now IMO. He has ZERO confidence. He'll come around.

7Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Empty Re: Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:19 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Meh, they were on the verge of firing the coach in February last year and went to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

8Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Empty Re: Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:33 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:And Luongo got yanked last night. Could his big shiny new contract be affecting his performance? Hmmmmm?

Pierre McGuire is with Roberto now, consoling him.

9Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Empty Re: Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:42 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:

At least he's finally opened his eyes to Fraudeur's fallibility. In terms of Luongo, I wonder if there's a particular weakness that teams are exploiting now?

10Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Empty Re: Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:48 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:

At least he's finally opened his eyes to Fraudeur's fallibility. In terms of Luongo, I wonder if there's a particular weakness that teams are exploiting now?

You're not saying McGuire's actually admitting he could be wrong about something...are you?

11Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Empty Re: Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:57 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:

You're not saying McGuire's actually admitting he could be wrong about something...are you?

No because he's saying that he's been saying Brodeur is declining for 2 years despite the fact that he's been calling him one of the top goalies for the same period.

Pete is an interesting fella. Never wrong that one. Even when he's not right.

12Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Empty Re: Canucks are 0-3 to start the season! Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:13 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Vancouver media is already saying the wheels have come off the Nuckwagon...from the Vancouver Sun:

CO-DEPENDENTS IN THEIR LOSING HABIT, CANUCKS AND LUONGO LOSE CONFIDENCE
Iain MacIntyre, Vancouver Sun/October 5 2009

Do we have to take another dozen years of this? Does Roberto Luongo?

In the first home start since his 12-year contract extension, Roberto Luongo was beaten on four straight shots and hooked after 25 minutes and 51 seconds. His goals-against average this season is 4.55, his save percentage .820 and his record 0-3.

Other than that, nothing is fine.

Article here:
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/dependents+their+losing+habit+Canucks+Luongo+lose+confidence/2069713/story.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum