GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vote for your own 3 star selections! OCT 27th Phoenix

+3
rooneypoo
Ev
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Continuing with the 3 stars for each win.

For me:

1.Kovalev
2.Elliott
3.Alfredsson

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

1. Kovalev
2. Regin
3. Foligno

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:1. Kovalev
2. Regin
3. Foligno

No Elliott = no sense. He was probably the #1 star, in my mind. We tried to give that game away for 30 of the last 40 minutes of the game.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mine, as stated in the GDT are:

Kovalev
Elliott
Karlsson

- Unknown Author

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
2. Regin
3. Foligno

No Elliott = no sense. He was probably the #1 star, in my mind. We tried to give that game away for 30 of the last 40 minutes of the game.

Elliott was ok, but I liked what this line brought to the table for the entire night.

Why don't you put up your own stars before bashing others? Thanks.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I had Regin in the 3rd spot, but it was so darn close between him and the Captain that I went with the Captain. That line was awesome last night, shifty, hard to play against, aggressive. Loved it!...but you can't forget that Elliott bailed out Kovalev twice - big time.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Phillips gets a negative star for his absurd giveaways in front of the net.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:Phillips gets a negative star for his absurd giveaways in front of the net.

That's a little harsh. I saw him stop a clear cut break away by intercepting a stretch pass in the neutral zone and clearing the puck out of the danger zones in front of the net on a few occasion as well. Hardly a negative star IMO.

- Unknown Author

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
2. Regin
3. Foligno

Elliott was ok, but I liked what this line brought to the table for the entire night.

Why don't you put up your own stars before bashing others? Thanks.

Kovalev and Elliott are the clear 1st 2 stars. There was no missing that. That last one could go to Alfie, Gonchar (who had a really good defensive game, I thought), or Regin -- take your pick.

This is just another instance of you under-rating Elliott, is my point. Nice to see you eating crow so soon after bashing both Kovalev and Elliott, tho', I have to confess.

Expect more of the same.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not eating crow over Kovalev, he just had a good game (his first truly good game of the year). What am I gonna do, say he was Dung last night? You give credit where credit is due. I don't expect more of the same, I expect him to have some more good games, then pack it in for another month, then come out of hibernation again, etc.

and I don't underrate Elliott, he is what he is - a backup goalie on most other teams who is forced to be this team's #1.

3 stars are objective. In my mind, I didn't think Elliott was relied to win that game, therefore I don't think he should be a star. If other do, that's fine, that's their 3 stars. This is the whole purpose of this thread, right? Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think your meant to say subjective. I agree with Rooney that Elliott had to be a star.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah I meant subjective lol Facepalm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I think your meant to say subjective. I agree with Rooney that Elliott had to be a star.

My GF spent half the game reading a book, and even she remarked at the end of the game how "that goalie fella played a good game." Seriously. It was impossible to miss.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well your GF is right, he played a good game. He just wasn't one of my 3 stars.

and you STILL didn't give your own 3 stars, which is the purpose of this thread

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Well your GF is right, he played a good game. He just wasn't one of my 3 stars.

and you STILL didn't give your own 3 stars, which is the purpose of this thread

Sure I did. See above: Kovalev, Elliott, and any one of Alfie, Gonchar, and Regin. Seriously, doesn't matter to me, put any of those last three guys in for the last star and you're fine. The distance between the top 2 and the bottom 3rd star was huge, tho'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum