GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Phoenix Coyotes vs Ottawa Senators - Tuesday Oct. 27, 2K10 @ 7:30 pm ET (SNET)

+18
Amnesia021
CockRoche
rooneypoo
beerandsens
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
PKC
Ev
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Hoags
SensGirl11
PTFlea
SensHulk
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Phoenix @ Ottawa October 26, 2010

GDT: Phoenix Coyotes vs Ottawa Senators - Tuesday Oct. 27, 2K10 @ 7:30 pm ET (SNET) - Page 2 Vote_lcap250%GDT: Phoenix Coyotes vs Ottawa Senators - Tuesday Oct. 27, 2K10 @ 7:30 pm ET (SNET) - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
GDT: Phoenix Coyotes vs Ottawa Senators - Tuesday Oct. 27, 2K10 @ 7:30 pm ET (SNET) - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%GDT: Phoenix Coyotes vs Ottawa Senators - Tuesday Oct. 27, 2K10 @ 7:30 pm ET (SNET) - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GDT: Phoenix Coyotes vs Ottawa Senators - Tuesday Oct. 27, 2K10 @ 7:30 pm ET (SNET) - Page 2 Vote_lcap250%GDT: Phoenix Coyotes vs Ottawa Senators - Tuesday Oct. 27, 2K10 @ 7:30 pm ET (SNET) - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:GDT: Phoenix Coyotes vs Ottawa Senators - Tuesday Oct. 27, 2K10 @ 7:30 pm ET (SNET) - Page 2 Sens_Huricanes2010_10_14_133

BEEEEP!!

Laughing3

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Elliott starts tonight. Spezza is out. No other changes.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dammit, as long as Spezza comes back 100% I guess.... Sad

As for Elliott over Lehner, I can see that. Clouston is giving Elliott a really fair shake here and promting his team to continue working hard for the goalie that took them to the playoffs last year. Smart move - even though we were all hoping to get a look at Lehner (I was).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Damn, there was a quote on the weekend where one of the reporters asked Lehner if he felt (more) comfortable now that he's been around the team and how he feels about NHL shooters. He answered, "Have you seen the practices? They don't score on me often." Laugh1

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wish for tonight: Sens have a solid and convincing win over the 'Yotes and the Leafs get blown out by the Panthers. Please, make it so.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Wish for tonight: Sens have a solid and convincing win over the 'Yotes and the Leafs get blown out by the Panthers. Please, make it so.

I'm fairly excited. This game will be really telling IMO, the Sens will need to come out absolutely blazing and try to not only score some goals, but try to bury the Yotes early. If they come out and suck again...it won't look good at all.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:Wish for tonight: Sens have a solid and convincing win over the 'Yotes and the Leafs get blown out by the Panthers. Please, make it so.

I'm fairly excited. This game will be really telling IMO, the Sens will need to come out absolutely blazing and try to not only score some goals, but try to bury the Yotes early. If they come out and suck again...it won't look good at all.

They would have looked a lot better against Montreal if they actually hit the net with their shots. They have to do so little to turn things around it's sickening.

Hit the net, finish checks, get to loose pucks... no big deal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Despite the 3 - 0 score vs. the Habs I do believe the game wasn't all that bad. I remember two opportunities missed off of bad plays by Price leading to wide open nets where the puck was shot wide.

Also, on the first goal by MTL there should have been a penalty on PK Subban for lifting his stick up so Z. Smith's attempted hit would result in a face full of lumber. High sticking minimum if not intent to injure on that play. This lead to a dazed and confused Smith being way out of the play on the rush. Adding insult to injury Subban gets an assist on the play and 2nd star of the game.

I mentioned that in the GDT. The ref stood there, clearly looking at Smith to figure out what was going on. If he *knew* he was high-sticked I could understand him checking for blood. If not, then what the hell was he looking for?

Anyhow, I liked how they played with a bit of reckless abandon (even though it cost Fisher positioning on the 1st goal). The initiated a lot of the stuff and, in my opinion, got away with a few penalties. If that's the way it works in the new NHL then, perhaps, that was a bit of a lesson learned. Be a little dirty, just make sure you are initiating and not retaliating.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:They would have looked a lot better against Montreal if they actually hit the net with their shots. They have to do so little to turn things around it's sickening.

Yep. Before they can get back to basics, they need to cycle the puck and actually do something with it. With the point men we have on this team, it's criminal for Foligno and Fisher to smack the puck back and forth along the boards and behind the net without getting it to the point. Point shots are great, goalies have no idea, they can be deflected, but the Sens also need to get to the net.

Short passes out of the zone, good, hard forecheck, point shots with traffic. It all sounds so simple and yet the Sens as a whole haven't done much of it. Hopefully tonight they'll get back on track.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:They would have looked a lot better against Montreal if they actually hit the net with their shots. They have to do so little to turn things around it's sickening.

Yep. Before they can get back to basics, they need to cycle the puck and actually do something with it. With the point men we have on this team, it's criminal for Foligno and Fisher to smack the puck back and forth along the boards and behind the net without getting it to the point. Point shots are great, goalies have no idea, they can be deflected, but the Sens also need to get to the net.

Short passes out of the zone, good, hard forecheck, point shots with traffic. It all sounds so simple and yet the Sens as a whole haven't done much of it. Hopefully tonight they'll get back on track.

That's their game, though. From time to time they'll mix in a goal off the rush and live off that for about 5 - 10 games. And yes, we're probably both screaming at the TV for a shot from the point when we have the likes of Gonchar and Karlsson back there. So far, the best performance on the point I've seen was from Kovalev Facepalm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not feeling good about this game...Phoenix will be hungry to get at least the one win on the B2B Eastern Canada trip, their captain is coming back from a suspension, and we have no Spezza.

Hopefully Labarbera starts to give us a bit of an advantage in goal (if you can call it that).

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:First - Go Sens Go and Alfie Alfie Alfie

Second - Awesome job on the GDT Michalica. Here's hoping it has that magic shabbs touch and we get ourselves a win.

Third - No matter how the season goes I am always upset with a loss despite knowing we can't go 82-0.

Thanks cap'n. GTD has been updated with latest info. GO SENS GO!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice GDT thread, good info, nice graphs. Good work!

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

When does Kuba get back? Our defense has been a disaster without him.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:When does Kuba get back? Our defense has been a disaster without him.

Last I heard about it was Saturday's pre game - Clouston said hopefully we get him back to practice in 10 to 14 days.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So probably another 16 to 18 days from this past Saturday is when we'll see Kuba in game action.

I wish they'd just give accurate time lines for injuries because Kuba was listed as a 3 - 4 week injury after he sustained it in September.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:So probably another 16 to 18 days from this past Saturday is when we'll see Kuba in game action.

I wish they'd just give accurate time lines for injuries because Kuba was listed as a 3 - 4 week injury after he sustained it in September.

I thought I was imagining things when I kept hearing "10 more days" every successive day since the Buffalo game.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=40&id=80015

bwaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa haaaaa haaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum