GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alfie - 1000 points!

+10
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
PKC
Amnesia021
SensHulk
Flo The Action
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 3 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:11 am

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

I have a few tricks to give him. I've been rather successful at "filling out" since hitting my 30's ... Darn

32Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 3 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Maybe next year we'll have Rundblad, Cowen and Weircioch all with legitimate shots at making the team? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Probably not Weircioch -- unless he really fills out this year.

Regardless it's quite realistic to think that at least one of them will make the jump is it not?

I seriously believe one if not both of Cowen and Rundblad will make the team next season.

33Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 3 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:01 am

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Question: if Rundblad keeps his current pace up (somewhat) into next season and really impresses at sens camp, does that make Weircioch expendable?

We could maybe get that desired sniper we've been looking for since 2009.

34Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 3 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:12 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Maybe next year we'll have Rundblad, Cowen and Weircioch all with legitimate shots at making the team? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Regardless it's quite realistic to think that at least one of them will make the jump is it not?

I seriously believe one if not both of Cowen and Rundblad will make the team next season.

Cowen, almost for sure. Rundblad, I don't know enough about -- but by all accounts, he's the best D on his team right now, if not one of the best in his entire league (SEL).

Rundblad strikes me as a guy we're not nearly excited enough about. Like, Karlsson potential kind of good.

I think there's little doubt, btw, with Karlsson, Rundblad, and Weircioch, we'll be moving one of these three down the line for offensive help. That's where (one of) our next young, high-scoring forward is coming from, I'd say.

Last edited by rooneypoo on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total

35Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 3 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:18 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Question: if Rundblad keeps his current pace up (somewhat) into next season and really impresses at sens camp, does that make Weircioch expendable?

Guess I should have read this first...

One of them will probably have to be moved sooner or later. We'll have to see how the chips fall, tho'. Weircioch is more of a project, I think. It'll be another 2 years before he's seriously challenging for a roster spot. Not that I follow prospects a lot, but he looks really thin and has a lot of work to do in terms of his D coverage based on what I saw at the rookie camp. That stuff takes time.

Still, Weircioch strikes me as the one guy out of the three who'll be able to play both ends of the ice really well, if he develops right. He's a fast skater with great offensive instincts -- loves to lead the rush, from what I can see -- but he's got the size needed to be strong in his own end, too, as long as he fills out. You know what they say -- you can't teach size. The offensive potential as Karlsson and Rundblad is really high, no doubt, but Weircioch -- despite being the furthest away from the NHL -- may well have the tools to become the better overall defenceman.

36Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 3 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Absolutely. While it's unrealistic (if not downright scary) to think that all three make it, just imagine what happens when Campoli/Lee are replaced by Kuba/Cowen (not in any particular order).

Or Lee is replaced by Rundblad (although, to be fair, I have not seen this kid play) or Wiercioch.

37Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 3 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:
Michallica wrote:Question: if Rundblad keeps his current pace up (somewhat) into next season and really impresses at sens camp, does that make Weircioch expendable?

Guess I should have read this first...

One of them will probably have to be moved sooner or later. We'll have to see how the chips fall, tho'. Weircioch is more of a project, I think. It'll be another 2 years before he's seriously challenging for a roster spot. Not that I follow prospects a lot, but he looks really thin and has a lot of work to do in terms of his D coverage based on what I saw at the rookie camp. That stuff takes time.

Still, Weircioch strikes me as the one guy out of the three who'll be able to play both ends of the ice really well, if he develops right. He's a fast skater with great offensive instincts -- loves to lead the rush, from what I can see -- but he's got the size needed to be strong in his own end, too, as long as he fills out. You know what they say -- you can't teach size. The offensive potential as Karlsson and Rundblad is really high, no doubt, but Weircioch -- despite being the furthest away from the NHL -- may well have the tools to become the better overall defenceman.

I think since Wiercioch is further away from being NHL ready, and since what we need is a forward prospect *now*, it would make the most sense to move Rundblad for a forward prospect (he's more NHL-ready, so will fetch a better return). With Kuba here for another year, then 2 more of Gonchar, and Karlsson developing nicely, we don't absolutely need another PMD; we need Cowen. There will be room there in 2 years' time, when Wiercioch should be pushing for a spot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum