GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alfie - 1000 points!

+10
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Riprock
PKC
Amnesia021
SensHulk
Flo The Action
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:14 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:So in 3-4 months will we have a thread about Kovalev's 1000 point game? Sarcasm

You do realize that Kovalev was just holding back out of respect for the Captain. Now that Alfie had his moment AK can safely ascend that hill without risking showing up his Captain. That's just how he rolls.

And to answer your next question, blue, just like in yours.

17Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:18 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of hats, did anyone in the crowd throw one on the ice? There's some knowledgeable fans in Buffalo that probably would have realized that was his 1000th point as well.

I know he'll get a standing O when his name is announced, but wouldn't it be great if he also got a spontaneous hat shower, too? How do we make that happen -- facebook? twitter? e-mail The Team?

18Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:05 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Three guys on SNet recap show last night were discussing whether Alfredsson is a HHoF candidate or not. Opinion ranged from borderline, for sure if wins a Cup, to he'll be in, but probably not on the first ballot. At one point the guy on the far left (sorry, don't know their names) asked the guy on the far right whether he'd put Alfie in over Sundin. The guy tried to waffle by saying he'd probably put both in, but when the first guy pressed for an answer he said "Alfie".

And everything is good with the world.

19Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:So in 3-4 months will we have a thread about Kovalev's 1000 point game? Sarcasm

Not if he plays like he did last night. We'll be making the thread next week, he was great. The points need to come now for his confidence, the team's confidence in him and the coaching staff, but I saw a guy who was finally ready to play NHL hockey in his final year. It was very refreshing to see and makes me wonder if we'll see a Regin - Spezza - Kovalev line at some point this season (although, Shannon has done everything asked of him IMO).

20Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:46 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Foligno looked great too. I thought all three of Regin, foligno, and kovalev had much better games. And Shannon is really proving us all wrong

21Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Shannon is what he is -- a small, fast player with skill enough to get to the NHL. If used properly, he will contribute, as long as he stays healthy. By "used properly" I mean realize that he is not going to play 82 games at the same level, so use him against opposition where speed is expected to be a factor. Limit his ice time so that he can give 100% on each of his (few) shifts. Use him in the shootout, and 4-4 OT, please! His speed and skill is best in pond-hockey scenarios.

22Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:20 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Congrats to Alfie!!!

BTW - I was at the game when they announced Alfie's 1000 point achievement and he got a standing O. It would have been longer but they were about to drop the puck so people stopped cheering and sat down. It was so loud you could barely hear Stuntman Stu announce the milestone. HappyDance1

- Unknown Author

23Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:48 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Praise Alfie. Glad I got to see him hit that 1,000 point mark in real-time.

Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 100410_alfiekarlsson

24Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:56 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, that picture *clearly* shows Karlsson has grown. Alfie is 5'11", which is what Karlsson was listed as last year. Earlier this year I saw him on the ice, next to Spezza, and I remarked how he was much closer to Spezza (6'3") than I remembered from last year. He's more than an inch taller than Alfie, which means he's over 6'0".

Growing a couple of inches can screw your mechanics up pretty badly, which probably explains why he seems to have lost a step out there. By the start of next season he will be used to his new body, and probably add a few more lbs in muscle. He should have his speed back later this year. Alfie is 205 at 5'11" -- no reason why Karlsson couldn't eventually get to that or more.

25Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:12 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I find that hard to believe honestly.
He was 5'11 at the beginning of the season last year, was probably 6'0 during that ceremony in the picture, and he's played his best hockey in January, when he was "growing".

26Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Not that I am disagreeing with you Prager, but I think the camera angle might make Karlsson a little taller than he is over Alfie. Alfie's standing further back and the carpet is angled away from the camera. But he's still taller than Alfredsson from the looks of it.

27Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You're right -- Alfie is slightly behind him, and there might be some perspective at play, here. Still, it's pretty obvious that Karlsson is now taller.

He is listed at 6'0" on the Sens website, but still 5'11" in hockeydb.com. He's definitely grown, and I suspect he's grown a bit since the Sens site was updated.

28Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe Cowen will come back next year at 6'6" Ahhhhh!

29Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:23 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maybe next year we'll have Rundblad, Cowen and Weircioch all with legitimate shots at making the team? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

30Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:54 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Maybe next year we'll have Rundblad, Cowen and Weircioch all with legitimate shots at making the team? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Probably not Weircioch -- unless he really fills out this year.

31Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:11 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I have a few tricks to give him. I've been rather successful at "filling out" since hitting my 30's ... Darn

32Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Maybe next year we'll have Rundblad, Cowen and Weircioch all with legitimate shots at making the team? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Probably not Weircioch -- unless he really fills out this year.

Regardless it's quite realistic to think that at least one of them will make the jump is it not?

I seriously believe one if not both of Cowen and Rundblad will make the team next season.

- Unknown Author

33Alfie - 1000 points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Alfie - 1000 points! Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:01 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Question: if Rundblad keeps his current pace up (somewhat) into next season and really impresses at sens camp, does that make Weircioch expendable?

We could maybe get that desired sniper we've been looking for since 2009.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum